Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You are one dumb fuck, several current and former Packers have come out for Dr. McKenzie and are defending him and rightfully so because of his reputation. Bennett is a quitter and a fucking liar, the one person who looks like a real idiot in all this is Ted Thompson for signing that pile of garbage in the first place.

Like I've said before...people in Green Bay need a hobby other than The Packers...wow.

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You are one dumb fuck, several current and former Packers have come out for Dr. McKenzie and are defending him and rightfully so because of his reputation. Bennett is a quitter and a fucking liar, the one person who looks like a real idiot in all this is Ted Thompson for signing that pile of garbage in the first place.

the packers are shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 Vikings cruise to the division win this year and Aaron Rogers wasnt going to stop that :lol:

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Like I've said before...people in Green Bay need a hobby other than The Packers...wow.

Just stop being a dumbass and I get the fact that you're just being a cunt because you hate the Packers. The fact is Bennett is a pos, he's a quitter and a liar and you can't admit it because you love the fact he's trying to fuck the Packers.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Brady just caught Denver with 10 guys not set and snapped a running play off for a touchdown. A well oiled machine.

Yeah that's what Micheals and Collinsworth just said....

Just now, snoughnut said:

Just stop being a dumbass and I get the fact that you're just being a cunt because you hate the Packers. The fact is Bennett is a pos, he's a quitter and a liar and you can't admit it because you love the fact he's trying to fuck the Packers.

I like the Packers..always have..fans like you on the other hand take this shit way too serious.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like the Packers..always have..fans like you on the other hand take this shit way too serious.

THEY ARE OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

Goodell reportedly demands $50 million salary, lifetime private jet use in contract negotiations

CNN
Updated: 4:06 PM EST Nov 13, 2017
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell speaks during a news conference, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017, in New York.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell speaks during a news conference, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017, in New York.
SOURCE: AP Photo/Julie Jacobson

NEW YORK —

The NFL expects that a contract extension for Commissioner Roger Goodell will be "done shortly," a league source says.

Goodell, whose existing contract runs through next season, has offered to give up "the majority of his contract guarantees" for a deal that would peg more of his pay to performance incentives, the source told CNN.

A second source close to the league says that Goodell's extension is "more likely than not, but still not nearly a sure thing."

This source also said owners are wary of replacing Goodell so soon before the league's collective bargaining agreement with the players expires, in 2020.

The contract discussion comes at a difficult moment for the league, which faces declining TV ratings, growing concerns about brain damage and domestic violence, and player protests over racial injustice.

The terms of Goodell's deal are being considered by a compensation committee comprising six owners: Arthur Blank of the Falcons, Clark Hunt of the Chiefs, Robert K. Kraft of the Patriots, John Mara of the Giants, Bob McNair of the Texans and Art Rooney of the Steelers.

Those six are expected to talk by phone on Monday.

ESPN reported on Sunday that Goodell had asked for a salary of $49.5 million a year, the use of a private jet for life and lifetime health insurance for his family. Goodell was paid $31.7 million in 2015, the most recent figure publicly available.

Two NFL sources disputed the ESPN report. One NFL source told CNN that Goodell already has use of a private jet and health care for his family.

Goodell's leadership has been tested most recently by the protests. They started during a 2016 preseason game when then-49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee during the singing of the National Anthem.

The movement grew this year, particularly after President Trump said owners should fire anyone who takes a knee.

Goodell says everyone should stand for the Anthem and the league needs to "move past this controversy." But he also says players have the freedom to express themselves.

Some fans have said protests are disrespectful to the American flag and to the military, and have boycotted the NFL. Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter said the protests have hurt sales and blamed Goodell.

He's not the only person questioning Goodell's leadership and handling of the protests. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has even threatened to sue the NFL to block Goodell's contract renewal.

On Sunday, when the Cowboys played the Atlanta Falcons, Jones and Blank, the chairman of the compensation committee, didn't greet each other, as is customary for owners to do at a game.

Jones is also upset over Goodell's treatment of his star running back, Ezekiel Elliott, who was suspended six games earlier this season for domestic violence allegations.

A spokesman for the NFL said all 32 owners agreed previously to give the committee the authority to decide whether Goodell should get an extension.

It's not clear how much Goodell was paid in 2016 and 2017. His salary was cut continually between 2012, when he made $44.2 million, and 2015. That is when the NFL dropped its federal tax exemption. As a result, Goodell's salary is no longer public.

Goodell took the job in 2006. Between 2008 and 2015, he was paid more than $205 million.

http://www.wmur.com/article/goodell-contract-negotiations/13531330

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes,yes....the highly revered Packers team doctor....good god Packer fans are mental. :lol:

He is the TEAM  doctor and of course Rodgers supports him.

The last thing I’d ever want to do is defend anything Packer but Bennett did the same exact bullshit to the Bears, he’s a bitch and Chad is right, he’s a cancer. I believe the other Packer players. I’m glad he’s in NE, he’ll ruin that locker room too. 

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

The last thing I’d ever want to do is defend anything Packer but Bennett did the same exact bullshit to the Bears, he’s a bitch and Chad is right, he’s a cancer. I believe the other Packer players. I’m glad he’s in NE, he’ll ruin that locker room too. 

That won't happen in NE.  Belichick has cut, or traded several top level players over the years.  I think most coaches in the NFL tend to pussyfoot around these guys to much. It's the NE way, or the highway :bc: 

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

That won't happen in NE.  Belichick has cut, or traded several top level players over the years.  I think most coaches in the NFL tend to pussyfoot around these guys to much. It's the NE way, or the highway :bc: 

Yup he sours anywhere and he’s gone.

• Like 1

Bennett Sounds Off On Injury, Criticism: ‘I’m Rubber And You’re Glue’

Bennett may be with the Pats now, but he still has plenty to say about his public controversy with his former team. He addressed his issues with Green Bay’s decision to waive him, which prompted a profane Instagram rant, and returning to New England when he spoke to reporters after the Patriots’ 41-16 blowout win in Denver. He felt for a time that he should end his season and undergo surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, but now that he’s back with the Patriots he’s excited to put his shoulder repair on hold and play the season out.

“It wasn’t ‘Could you play? It was ‘Should you play?’ It was one of those things,” Bennett said. “Right now I’m just like [expletive] it. When Bill called me after they claimed me, at first I told my agent to tell no teams to claim me because I was still trying to get the surgery. When Bill called and said that they claimed me, I was like ‘No [expletive] way.

“I don’t even know if I went through the seven stages of grief yet [after getting waived]. I’m probably on step three. But the group of guys here on this team, there couldn’t be a better place for me with what I’m going through right now and that situation. With all the familiar faces and friends, it’s been good to have those guys around.”

dl martellus bennett patriots broncos Bennett Sounds Off On Injury, Criticism: Im Rubber And Youre Glue

Martellus Bennett walks off the field after the Patriots’ 41-16 win over the Denver Broncos. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Bennett still appears to have hard feelings with the Packers after the way he says they handled his injury and subsequent waiving. But now, reinvigorated with a desire to fight through the injury, the tight end sounds motivated to show Green Bay what they gave up on last week.

“It wasn’t where I was, it was the injury,” Bennett said. “I talked to six or seven doctors about [my shoulder] and it could go either way. It was one of those things I felt I should get fixed. And then after trying to get it fixed and getting waived, you get that vengeance in your heart. You’re like, ‘Alright, that’s how you’re going to do it, [expletive] it. Let’s go ball.'”

In addressing the criticism he has faced in the past from former employers and others, Bennett said that his family is the only group of people whose opinion really matters to him – and he said it in the way that only he could.

“I got criticism from all of my former organizations,” Bennett said, via the Providence Journal’s Mark Daniels. “I mean, [expletive]. At this point, it’s like I’m rubber and you’re glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks back to you. At this point, there’s nothing else anyone can say to me and my career that could make me feel any way toward myself ’cause the team that I’ll always have is my wife and my daughter.

“They’re always rooting for me no matter what. I may wear different jerseys but I’m still the same man with my family. That’s all that really matters. Like I told the guys, ‘in order for the Phoenix to be reborn, he must first turn to ashes.'”

Less than a week ago, Bennett thought he was transitioning to doing “normal people [expletive]”. But with three eye-opening catches on Sunday night, Bennett instead looked like a tight end with a sudden thirst to help the Patriots win yet another Super Bowl.

36 minutes ago, bussman said:

What does it matter....it's all rigged anyhow.

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Bennett Sounds Off On Injury, Criticism: ‘I’m Rubber And You’re Glue’

November 13, 2017 8:36 AM
BOSTON (CBS) — Martellus Bennett followed up his ugly departure from the Packers with a surprisingly swift return to the Patriots lineup after being claimed off waivers last week. The tight end only played seven snaps against the Broncos on Sunday night, but made his presence felt by catching all three of his targets for 38 yards and passing the “eye test”.

Bennett may be with the Pats now, but he still has plenty to say about his public controversy with his former team. He addressed his issues with Green Bay’s decision to waive him, which prompted a profane Instagram rant, and returning to New England when he spoke to reporters after the Patriots’ 41-16 blowout win in Denver. He felt for a time that he should end his season and undergo surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, but now that he’s back with the Patriots he’s excited to put his shoulder repair on hold and play the season out.

“It wasn’t ‘Could you play? It was ‘Should you play?’ It was one of those things,” Bennett said. “Right now I’m just like [expletive] it. When Bill called me after they claimed me, at first I told my agent to tell no teams to claim me because I was still trying to get the surgery. When Bill called and said that they claimed me, I was like ‘No [expletive] way.

“I don’t even know if I went through the seven stages of grief yet [after getting waived]. I’m probably on step three. But the group of guys here on this team, there couldn’t be a better place for me with what I’m going through right now and that situation. With all the familiar faces and friends, it’s been good to have those guys around.”

dl martellus bennett patriots broncos Bennett Sounds Off On Injury, Criticism: Im Rubber And Youre Glue

Martellus Bennett walks off the field after the Patriots’ 41-16 win over the Denver Broncos. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Bennett still appears to have hard feelings with the Packers after the way he says they handled his injury and subsequent waiving. But now, reinvigorated with a desire to fight through the injury, the tight end sounds motivated to show Green Bay what they gave up on last week.

“It wasn’t where I was, it was the injury,” Bennett said. “I talked to six or seven doctors about [my shoulder] and it could go either way. It was one of those things I felt I should get fixed. And then after trying to get it fixed and getting waived, you get that vengeance in your heart. You’re like, ‘Alright, that’s how you’re going to do it, [expletive] it. Let’s go ball.'”

In addressing the criticism he has faced in the past from former employers and others, Bennett said that his family is the only group of people whose opinion really matters to him – and he said it in the way that only he could.

“I got criticism from all of my former organizations,” Bennett said, via the Providence Journal’s Mark Daniels. “I mean, [expletive]. At this point, it’s like I’m rubber and you’re glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks back to you. At this point, there’s nothing else anyone can say to me and my career that could make me feel any way toward myself ’cause the team that I’ll always have is my wife and my daughter.

“They’re always rooting for me no matter what. I may wear different jerseys but I’m still the same man with my family. That’s all that really matters. Like I told the guys, ‘in order for the Phoenix to be reborn, he must first turn to ashes.'”

Less than a week ago, Bennett thought he was transitioning to doing “normal people [expletive]”. But with three eye-opening catches on Sunday night, Bennett instead looked like a tight end with a sudden thirst to help the Patriots win yet another Super Bowl.

The end of that sentence should read..............."because I'm a low class piece of shit".

Just now, snoughnut said:

The end of that sentence should read..............."because I'm a low class piece of shit".

I don't know enough about the situation in GB to disagree. All I know is we seem to get a lot of rejects in NE that turn out to be good for the Pats. Randy Moss comes to mind :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't know enough about the situation in GB to disagree. All I know is we seem to get a lot of rejects in NE that turn out to be good for the Pats. Randy Moss comes to mind :dunno: 

Doesn't matter...any perceived slight directed at The Packers or their "revered" team doctor is met with outrage! :lol:

1 minute ago, Legend said:

Hey If Marty Bennett says the Packer DR knew, they he musta known.........right?

His brother Mikey Bennett would vouch for his character......just ask the Las Vegas police dept..........

worthless fucks.

IMG_3527.JPG.45cacea3074975e775fb733e7efcbef2.JPG

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

IMG_3527.JPG.45cacea3074975e775fb733e7efcbef2.JPG

oh come on. You know hes a POS. Even if you dont like packer fans.

I figured that was a pic of you after sparty got royally buttfucked saturday...... but then I remembered spraty fans are used to it....

Edited by Legend

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

Hey If Marty Bennett says the Packer DR knew, they he musta known.........right?

His brother Mikey Bennett would vouch for his character......just ask the Las Vegas police dept..........

worthless fucks.

I thought it was Martellus that cried wolf this summer. I forgot about his brother :bc: 

13 minutes ago, Legend said:

oh come on. You know hes a POS. Even if you dont like packer fans.

I figured that was a pic of you after sparty got royally buttfucked saturday...... but then I remembered spraty fans are used to it....

He knows it but Bob Ross would rather just sprinkle his cuntiness around rather than admit he's wrong.