Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

"There are only two types of Lions fans. The type who absolutely know the Lions are destined to be the 2nd worst bunch of fuck ups in the league for eternity (sorry, Cleveland). The other type of Lions fans are the eternally delusional optimistic type. These people should be shot."

15 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

"There are only two types of Lions fans. The type who absolutely know the Lions are destined to be the 2nd worst bunch of fuck ups in the league for eternity (sorry, Cleveland). The other type of Lions fans are the eternally delusional optimistic type. These people should be shot."

Also could apply to Vikings fans... :lol:

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: Detroit Lions

Your 2016 Record: 9-7

The best part was when they started 9-4 and then EVERYONE looked at the remaining schedule (Giants, Cowboys, Packers) and instinctively knew they were gonna lose out and blow the division to a Packers team that was two games behind with three games left. And so they did. Most predictable Lions thing to ever happen. They also lost to Tennessee in a game where they had three touchdowns called back by penalties. That is the SECOND most predictable Lions thing to ever happen. They played a Wild Card game against Seattle (try to remember a single thing about it) and had to send their QB out onto the field with a dislocated finger. He went 18-32 for 205 yards and 0 TDs and they lost 26-6. Tell me you guys wouldn’t rather smash drives in the Silverdome ruins than watch this team flail around for 16 Sundays a year.

Your coach: Jim Caldwell, whose .563 winning percentage makes him the most successful Lions head coach in modern NFL history. It’s true. Your greatest coach in the Super Bowl era is your uncle who spends all day fishing:

The best part is that virtually every Lions fan will refuse to give Caldwell credit for anything and heap it all upon Jim Bob Cooter instead. One more 9-7 season and they’ll probably build a Cooter statue outside Ford Field.

Your quarterback: Matt Stafford.

By the end of every season, Matt Stafford is playing with half a frontal lobe and two bones sticking out of his finger. And because the NFL is cruel, they play the Packers in Week 17 again! Amazing. That fat bastard will chuck 50 passes that day with a bear trap hanging off his foot.

I’m very excited for a somber profile of Stafford 30 years from now that details his pharmacological regimen and how flash photography gives him day terrors. My Life Is Hell, as told to S.L. Price.

What’s new that sucks: Your uniforms!

I am so, so tired of this. You listen to me, professional sports team brand managers of the world: Unless the colors and/or the logo are new, the uniforms are not. You don’t get to have a Seventh Avenue runway party just because you added piping to the jerseys. 

On the field, the team stole T.J. Lang away from the hated Packers to replace departed guard Larry Warford. By law, any free agent signed from New England, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh will immediately turn to shit playing for any other team. Join us in Week 6 when Lang breaks both ankles in a golf cart mishap. Bob Quinn also shrewdly acquired a bunch of other teams’ draft busts, including tackle Greg Robinson (to replace the injured Taylor Decker, whom they really needed), along with cornerback D.J. Hayden, who needs an Iron Man’s arc reactor implanted in his chest just to keep from dropping dead on the field.

What has always sucked: You already know by now. Detroit is the place where legends retire quietly and without warning. And it’s only after the appropriate amount of time has passed that the obvious comes to light:

“I didn’t see a chance for them to win a Super Bowl at the time,” Johnson said.“For the work I was putting in, it wasn’t worth my time, to keep on beating my head up against the wall, and not go anywhere… It’s the definition of insanity… That’s everybody’s goal, when they come to the league, is to win a Super Bowl. That’s the ultimate goal. … I wanted to win it, and like I said, I just didn’t see that opportunity with the Lions.”

Keep in mind that the Lions went to the playoffs in 2011, 2014, and last year. I know that’s not much, but that 2011 season was the first time the Lions had won 10 or more games in 15 years. This Caldwell era represents the most successful run of Lions football this century, which is just… God, that’s so sad. Megatron knew it was all a ruse anyway. Even with Stafford aboard—by no means the greatest QB ever, but an astronomical upgrade over the parade of cave-dwellers this team started during the 1990s—Megatron was like, “This is fucking hopeless.” Even when the Lions are good, they’re still lightyears away from being good enough. None of the other teams in their division consider them a rival because they mostly just feel bad for them. Their ceiling will forever be a wild-card road game that will end in a blowout. You need to be 95 years old to have any good memories of this organization.

“I just didn’t feel like I was treated the way I should have been treated on the way out.”

For real, how does this team to manage to alienate its two greatest players? The Ford family must be about as charming as a bag of brown recluse spiders. What a goddamn disaster.

As for you, Michigan, you are a national disgrace. Your governor is still dumping urea into the Flint water supply and belongs in supermax prison. Your legacy of white musicians is downright criminal. Your chili dogs make Skyline look like Eleven Madison Park. Somehow the most prominent sports owner in Detroit is the moron who owns the Cleveland Cavaliers. The state is eternally terrified of Mexicans taking jobs that already vanished 40 years ago. Michigan is a hollowed-out ore mine.

What might not suck: Zach Zenner is wayyyy better at not-football stuff than football. Amazing. You guys went through the whole alphabet of running backs (from Ameer Abdullah to Zach Zenner) and none were good.

HEAR IT FROM LIONS FANS! 

Richard:

I am not old enough to remember a single playoff victory.

Pete:

Fuck this team.

Randy:

We once lost a game because our defensive tackle missed the game-tying extra point. Jesus, I can’t believe that’s a true sentence.

Jim:

Between Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders, our best player was Jason Hanson. He was a kicker.

Patrick:

Why would a team based in the Midwest choose Honolulu Blue as a primary team color? Why?

Garrison:

Catch me drowning my sorrows in hard vodka by 1:23 pm most Sundays this season.

Jake:

The transmission for my 2014 Ford Focus, along with transmissions for all Focus models from 2012-2016 were recalled last year. Yes, five years worth of automatic transmissions—a technology that’s been around for more than a century—had to be recalled. So is anyone surprised the Ford family doesn’t know how the hell to run a football team?

Jamie:

There have been only two stretches in the Super Bowl era when they’ve had consecutive winning seasons.

Trey:

The bar has been set so low for this franchise that last season they honored the 1991 squad, who won a playoff game before getting hit over the head with a shovel in the NFC championship game, with a ceremony and a fucking banner.

Joe:

Their best defensive player (and probably best human being), who had struggled with injury for two seasons, was cleared by the team’s doctors the day before he was cut just so they could fuck him out of some guaranteed money. It doesn’t take an orthopedic surgeon to guess that he probably wasn’t healthy enough to play when those same doctors cleared him a couple months after his surgery, just in time to be a non-factor during the team’s usual late-season meltdown, and it doesn’t take a Belichick scion to guess what the management had in mind at that time.

You know what else is a family-owned franchise? North Korea.

Ryan:

The Lions have ruined two of the greatest offensive players in the history of the game to the point where they’d rather not play than continue to lose. They then managed to ask for their money back.

Chris:

Following the Lions allows you to understand your place in the universe. You are irrelevant. The management doesn’t care what you think and the team will never matter to the league. 51 years on this earth and one playoff win that lead to one of the biggest blowouts in NFC championship history.

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

But the Vikings have been to a Superbowl and won more than one playoff game since 1957, right? 

True. Im just use to hearing all the vikings fans around here going "this is our year" at the start of the season.... :lol:

6 minutes ago, dz246 said:

True. Im just use to hearing all the vikings fans around here going "this is our year" at the start of the season.... :lol:

Yeah, imagine the pretzel logic employed when you think the Lions have the best chance of winning the Superbowl because "they've never been there"...

These comments are fucking gold:

Will:

A friend of mine is a complete and total whore for anything Lions.

1.) He once bought a James Stewart jersey. After Kevin Jones was drafted, he took a piece of paper, wrote the word “Jones” and safety pinned it to the back of his Jersey once Stewart was released. His reasoning was that since Kevin Jones would “Be around for a long time” it was cheaper to do that than purchase a whole new jersey of a different player.

2.) He freaked out one time when he saw former Lions second string linebacker Teddy Lehman at a Tigers game.

3.) Tried to me convince that Mike McMahon would be a better QB than Joey Harrington.

4.) Once claimed that we should trade Stafford for Jay Cutler because Cutler was a winner. Also said the same of Mark Sanchez pre-Butt fumble

5.) Still alludes to the “Curse of Bobby Layne” when nothing goes the Lions way, even though it does not exist and was made up by a blogger.

That’s how pathetic this franchise is: we have to make up fake curses to justify our losing instead of accepting the fact that the reason we suck is due to the ineptitude of the Ford Family and the fact that our fans are the biggest suckers this side of Trump Voters who think he’s gonna bring their coal-mining jobs back.

Wow!!!!!

49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

We have our whopper trade of 2017.

The New England Patriots have traded quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2018 second-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source involved.

ESPN first reported the news.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Wow!!!!!

49ers acquire Jimmy Garoppolo in trade with Patriots

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

We have our whopper trade of 2017.

The New England Patriots have traded quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2018 second-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source involved.

ESPN first reported the news.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

Good for Garoppolo....The Niners suck but he deserves a chance to start.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good for Garoppolo....The Niners suck but he deserves a chance to start.

I agree he deserves a shot, but how long can the Pats ride Brady? Besides that, who do they have on their roster as a backup? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I agree he deserves a shot, but how long can the Pats ride Brady? Besides that, who do they have on their roster as a backup? 

Not sure but Belichek must have a plan.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Lot of QBs in 2018 draft. Ride the bench for 2-3 yrs behind Brady and be ready to go.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not sure but Belichek must have a plan.

I guess. Social media here in New England is going nuts though :lol:

Just now, Legend said:

Lot of QBs in 2018 draft. Ride the bench for 2-3 yrs behind Brady and be ready to go.

What happens if Brady goes down tomorrow? Did the Pats have  a 3rd string guy on the roster? Plus they only got a 2nd round draft pick out of the deal.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

What happens if Brady goes down tomorrow? Did the Pats have  a 3rd string guy on the roster? Plus they only got a 2nd round draft pick out of the deal.

Bill will get some clown off the street and make him a pro bowler.

Matt Cassel........nuff said

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

With the current offensive line being what it is I'd say it's more like when than if , that's what has me surprised the most about this  :bc:

10 minutes ago, Legend said:

Bill will get some clown off the street and make him a pro bowler.

Matt Cassel........nuff said

They didn't  make the playoffs under Cassel even though they had a winning season. New England fans have gotten pretty spoiled, LOL

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

With the current offensive line being what it is I'd say it's more like when than if , that's what has me surprised the most about this  :bc:

:iagree:  Brady has been getting hit a lot this year.