Check your account email address ×

Reign of terror coming to an end soon..

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I put it in bold.   Lajoy's changes?

Automatic mail sorters in Lehigh Valley that is where my mail is sorted, and my delivery went to every 5 days even more sometimes more thankfully now we are back to everyday, there was also a change in package to letter priority, LV, wasn't the only automated sorter that was shuttered I just don't know the name of them.  It's a fucked up system I get a letter from Scranton that is 34 miles from my house and it goes to LV probably 100 miles away first.   

I didn't expand it that's why I didn't see it.

Edited by 1jkw

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Automatic mail sorters in Lehigh Valley that is where my mail is sorted, and my delivery went to every 5 days even more sometimes more thankfully now we are back to everyday, there was also a change in package to letter priority, LV, wasn't the only automated sorter that was shuttered I just don't know the name of them.  It's a fucked up system I get a letter from Scranton that is 34 miles from my house and it goes to LV probably 100 miles away first.   

I didn't expand it that's why I didn't see it.

Back to equal for both candidates.   While that might seem realistic on the surface but Biden benefited far greater from the changes in voting laws (of which not all states had a state leg. pass like PA).  No question this was a known benefit or why did the dems push it so hard.  At one time the GOP benefited slightly from mail in ballots (most because of military) but it began to shift in 16.   The fact mail in ballots were somewhat to neither sides benefit then seeing the 2020 results is a massive anomaly in of itself.  No question how each side looked at the pandemic and agreeing with shutdowns played out in these results.   I will concede that.  This also showed in the results where Trump won in person in states like Hawaii.    

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-absentee-voting-looked-like-in-all-50-states/

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I think it has a lot to do with how the two sides played the pandemic.   One pushing isolation the other pushing a return to normalcy.  

The pandemic had a huge amount to do with his loss, around here you couldn't get TP, meat, any type of sanitizer, my friend owns our local SM, he didn't even have barely anything left on the shelves, while this was in no Trumps fault plenty of people blamed him.  We had many people from NY and NJ drive here to shop they felt safer as we weren't a hot spot.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Back to equal for both candidates.   While that might seem realistic on the surface but Biden benefited far greater from the changes in voting laws (of which not all states had a state leg. pass like PA).  No question this was a known benefit or why did the dems push it so hard.  At one time the GOP benefited slightly from mail in ballots (most because of military) but it began to shift in 16.   The fact mail in ballots were somewhat to neither sides benefit then seeing the 2020 results is a massive anomaly in of itself.  No question how each side looked at the pandemic and agreeing with shutdowns played out in these results.   I will concede that.  This also showed in the results where Trump won in person in states like Hawaii.    

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-absentee-voting-looked-like-in-all-50-states/

The fact Trump fucked up and didn't push mail-ins is on him, the Dems. pushed it hard and it paid off, wasn't like the law was any different for either one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1jkw said:

The pandemic had a huge amount to do with his loss, around here you couldn't get TP, meat, any type of sanitizer, my friend owns our local SM, he didn't even have barely anything left on the shelves, while this was in no Trumps fault plenty of people blamed him.  We had many people from NY and NJ drive here to shop they felt safer as we weren't a hot spot.

Democrats in general are miserable  over reacting, emotional, panicky people. Trump was doomed from the get go.

• Like 2

Just now, 1jkw said:

The fact Trump fucked up and didn't push mail-ins is on him, the Dems. pushed it hard and it paid off, wasn't like the law was any different for either one.

Trump didn't push mail ins because the postal service had proven they couldn't be trusted where Republicans were concerned.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Trump didn't push mail ins because the postal service had proven they couldn't be trusted where Republicans were concerned.

FFS, our ballots are mailed in an envelope and the same for both parties.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I knew you would take that angle.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Democrats in general are miserable  over reacting, emotional, panicky people. Trump was doomed from the get go.

Far more Rep. where I live and they were panicking and hoarding big time.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes but then it goes back to which states change voting rules without state legislatures passing them.   Even then like in PA's case there was discrepancies of which the PA SC ruled.....which needs be accepted because the US SC was refusing to challenge legitimate cases brought before them for a variety of reasons.

Good adult discussion here.  :bc:

I don't think there is any doubt without the pandemic Trump would be President.  Give the dems credit where its due they played it brilliantly....from the changes in election practices to how he was treated on pandemic response, to Russia to the call with the Ukrainian President.   The GOP better not ever forget how dirty they played.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Far more Rep. where I live and they were panicking and hoarding big time.

I wouldn't expect you to say anything different. Did they all have their Trump apparel on or Did they have R's sewn on their shirts?

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I wouldn't expect you to say anything different. Did they all have their Trump apparel on or Did they have R's sewn on their shirts?

They were orderly and standing in line....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I think it has a lot to do with how the two sides played the pandemic.   One pushing isolation the other pushing a return to normalcy.  

Regardless. People were fearful. Some because they had relatives who got extremely ill or died. Others because they were told to be. But that shouldn’t matter to an election strategist. You meet people at the level in which they are at. Had trump used a similar approach to Dem strategists, the election would’ve been much closer. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Regardless. People were fearful. Some because they had relatives who got extremely ill or died. Others because they were told to be. But that shouldn’t matter to an election strategist. You meet people at the level in which they are at. Had trump used a similar approach to Dem strategists, the election would’ve been much closer. 

You were beyond fearful :read:

Just now, EvilBird said:

I don’t recall being fearful. I did wear a mask at work out of respect to my clients and work policy. The facility where I worked was also combined with a rehab unit for the elderly. It also housed a skilled nursing home. I saw several corpses weekly being hauled out. The stress for family and the workers on those units was overwhelming. I lost two relatives and one is permanently disabled from Covid. I’ve seen both sides of the damage it caused. 

53 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep I got both of my nursing home living mother in laws one at my house 1 at the home.  Not 1 requested.  She had never did mail in in her life . Funny how that worked out she was a life long registered dem 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Face it. Trump fucked his chances. Instead of pushing the GOP to advance their efforts to promote mail in voting, he railed against it in the lead up to the election. Meanwhile the DNC spent money and manpower to get out the mail in voter. This isn’t fantasy, this is fact. Trump fucked himself. 

well of course you’d support anything that didn’t protect the integrity of the vote, knowing full well that the only way Biden could win was by cheating.  What intellectually honest person would not want to protect the integrity of the vote?

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep I got both of my nursing home living mother in laws one at my house 1 at the home.  Not 1 requested.  She had never did mail in in her life . Funny how that worked out she was a life long registered dem 

Yes, because the Dem. party took it upon themselves to make sure that their registered voters got applications, nothing stopped the Rep. from doing the same thing and it had zero to do with the postal service. The Dems. in my area had a very good organization, despite being at a more than 2 to 1 disadvantage they offered rides to the polls, worked the phones and had multiple places on our main street with people campaigning for Biden.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Moe set up a grocery washing assembly line in the garage…was he beyond fearful or acting out of an abundance of caution because of elderly family members?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yes but then it goes back to which states change voting rules without state legislatures passing them.   Even then like in PA's case there was discrepancies of which the PA SC ruled.....which needs be accepted because the US SC was refusing to challenge legitimate cases brought before them for a variety of reasons.

Good adult discussion here.  :bc:

I don't think there is any doubt without the pandemic Trump would be President.  Give the dems credit where its due they played it brilliantly....from the changes in election practices to how he was treated on pandemic response, to Russia to the call with the Ukrainian President.   The GOP better not ever forget how dirty they played.    

No matter really if the voting rules were changed even without the legislatures passing the laws, it doesn't change the fact that each side had equal standing under the law. I believe that Alito ruled to count all the votes in Pa., even the ones set aside, and if all of those votes were for Trump he still would have lost.   

I agree, things were pretty shitty for a lot of people during the pandemic, and when you are the guy in charge you get the blame right or wrong, add in his behavior, and the damage done by the tariffs, both probably would have been forgotten if not for the pandemic, instead of snowballing.  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

well of course you’d support anything that didn’t protect the integrity of the vote, knowing full well that the only way Biden could win was by cheating.  What intellectually honest person would not want to protect the integrity of the vote?

You’re just a sore loser. Like the guy you voted for 

• Like 1