Check your account email address ×

Oh snap, someone here is going to be having a massive jerk off sesh

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’d never own an electric vehicle. Even though I think that they’re cool. 

Come on, having an EV adventure van to go off grid sounds like an excellent idea...

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Come on, having an EV adventure van to go off grid sounds like an excellent idea...

With Solar Panels so you never have to come back to Civilization to fuel up! xD

20 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

It's perfect!

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

jb1.jpg

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's perfect!

I have questions about this van/truck life........

What happens especially now a days if you breakdown and replacement parts a weeks or months away because of supply chain Issues?

What happens if you're in an accident and the vehicle needs to be in the shop for a month or two?

What happens if someone steals your vehicle and destroys it, is your insurance company going to replace your custom home/camper? And if so is there a replacement vehicle even available because of new and used vehicle shortages???

Just a couple questions for now...... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

What happens especially now a days if you breakdown and replacement parts a weeks or months away because of supply chain Issues?

What happens if you're in an accident and the vehicle needs to be in the shop for a month or two?

What happens if someone steals your vehicle and destroys it, is your insurance company going to replace your custom home/camper? And if so is there a replacement vehicle even available because of new and used vehicle shortages???

what happens if you become ill, get a kidney stone, covid, etc

52 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

what happens if your sewer backs up and there’s no plumbers available for a 4 days? What happens if a tornado blows your fucking house down. What happens if someone smashes out all the windows of your house and lights the bitch on fire? You improvise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

what happens if your sewer backs up and there’s no plumbers available for a 4 days? What happens if a tornado blows your fucking house down. What happens if someone smashes out all the windows of your house and lights the bitch on fire? You improvise. 

You've got a good thing going imo and as long as you're happy who is anyone to judge.

:bc:

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No, you call your home insurance company and they put you up in a hotel, give you money for food and clothes. Now when you bang your oil pan off a rock 100mi in the middle of nowhere and have no cell service what do you do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not picking on you, honest questions, what is your back up/ improvise plans for things I asked about. Basically your day to day life is screwed for a while are you getting a hotel room somewhere or staying at a camp ground in a tent or cabin??

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Not picking on you, honest questions, what is your back up/ improvise plans for things I asked about. Basically your day to day life is screwed for a while are you getting a hotel room somewhere or staying at a camp ground in a tent or cabin??

Or Couch Surf with family or friends. :dunno:

I guess thats the part where he thinks people are "too weak and fearful" for Van life. :whistle:

Edited by EvilBird

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Or Couch Surf with family or friends. :dunno:

I guess thats the part where he thinks people are "too weak and fearful" for Van life. :whistle:

Some of the Y.T. videos I watch they have a net work of Y.T. friends and followers that help them out or family. I've watched videos of people in cars, trucks, campers and so on but always wonder what their plans are if something goes wrong and your hundreds or thousands of miles away from your home. Basically you have your life packed in a vehicle on the road so if something goes wrong what's then what. I enjoy watching some of the places people show on their journey, not sure it would be for me year round but still neat to view things thru someone else eyes and life style...... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No, you call your home insurance company and they put you up in a hotel, give you money for food and clothes. Now when you bang your oil pan off a rock 100mi in the middle of nowhere and have no cell service what do you do?

You die a slow death.:lol:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Some of the Y.T. videos I watch they have a net work of Y.T. friends and followers that help them out or family. I've watched videos of people in cars, trucks, campers and so on but always wonder what their plans are if something goes wrong and your hundreds or thousands of miles away from your home. Basically you have your life packed in a vehicle on the road so if something goes wrong what's then what. I enjoy watching some of the places people show on their journey, not sure it would be for me year round but still neat to view things thru someone else eyes and life style...... :thumbsup:

If I had no kids, plenty of cash saved up and no job commitments I could easily live on the road. 

Personally id rather live on a Boat instead and travel , thats actually my retirement dream with the Wife. 

But a nice RV with a couple Harleys on the back would work also. 

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

If I had no kids, plenty of cash saved up and no job commitments I could easily live on the road. 

Personally id rather live on a Boat instead and travel , thats actually my retirement dream with the Wife. 

But a nice RV with a couple Harleys on the back would work also. 

My mom and dad did this for 3-10 weeks at a time all year round pulling ATV's.  Saw a lot of the country, rode in some really neat places out west, put on a TON of miles in the motor home.

One year crossing Oklahoma, they had a rear wheel bearing go out about 15 miles outside of a small town that took out the axle when it failed at 70mph.  My dad was VERY mechanically inclined and had all necessary tools to do any job with him.  He could fix anything, that was his career working on heavy equipment.  Their motor home was small cheese in his mind.

Regardless of his skills, they spent the next 10 days in a motel waiting for parts to show up for the repair.  

This was 10+ years ago.  Not sure how that would go today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Same can be said when you break down sledding. You can find a negative anywhere if you look hard enough.

:bc:

• Like 1