Check your account email address ×

Wealthy Chinese Trying To Leave China

My neighbors wife is from China, been living in the states for about 25 years now.  She says she will NEVER EVER go back.  It is interesting listening to her on current events from time to time.  Some of the things she has heard from family and friends who are still there would make your skin crawl.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

My neighbors wife is from China, been living in the states for about 25 years now.  She says she will NEVER EVER go back.  It is interesting listening to her on current events from time to time.  Some of the things she has heard from family and friends who are still there would make your skin crawl.

Our Moron in charge up here admires China, and he's not afraid to say it. 

china2.jpg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Our Moron in charge up here admires China, and he's not afraid to say it. 

china2.jpg

America will always have a soft spot for the communists to our north. Such a harmless collection of souls. 

Edited by spin_dry

22 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They had the opportunity to leave before the British Rule ended so fuck them

You know the British only ruled Hong Kong, right?  That's like saying Americans had time to leave when some benevolent country was in charge of Miami-Dade County.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

You know the British only ruled Hong Kong, right?  That's like saying Americans had time to leave when some benevolent country was in charge of Miami-Dade County.

I know it was Hong Kong and they are still slant eyes. Alot of the wealth is in Hong Kong

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, smokin george said:

I know it was Hong Kong and they are still slant eyes. Alot of the wealth is in Hong Kong

But that has nothing to do with China proper.🤷🏻

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Same is occurring in Russia. Western tech and oil companies leaving have left big holes in the employment structure. 

Any country that attracts the ire of the US and or west always has a massive exodus.

And also authoritarian countries are not ideal places to live unless you are part of the ruling class. China is authoritarian and we should have checked that a long time ago before we became so dependent on them. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, smokin george said:

On the first comment... seek help

On the second, a plurality of all wealth in HKG is overseas money, and that's been leaving in droves.  A number of my global banking customers have closed offices in HKG after seeing the heavy hand Xi has been applying there.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Any country that attracts the ire of the US and or west always has a massive exodus.

And also authoritarian countries are not ideal places to live unless you are part of the ruling class. China is authoritarian and we should have checked that a long time ago before we became so dependent on them. 

China is in the final stages of their collapse. The last was Xi’s consolidation of power and the use of bizarre lockdowns to show his power. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

China is in the final stages of their collapse. The last was Xi’s consolidation of power and the use of bizarre lockdowns to show his power. 

You mean like we did here in 2019 and then again in 2020??

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Meh

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

You mean like we did here in 2019 and then again in 2020??

What happened here was nothing like what they did in China.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

What happened here was nothing like what they did in China.

Oh I understand that.  But still, we took their lead on that vs. just dealing with it our own way like we always have.

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Oh I understand that.  But still, we took their lead on that vs. just dealing with it our own way like we always have.

China had lock downs before trump did so here in the states. .