Check your account email address ×

Trump's travel ban

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Awww didn't you like this thread? 

Do you like the new avatar. It's something you and Trump have in common.

Yah Ralph a fictional FAKE character just like you :finger: very fitting 

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

He would be on here complaining he is out of work because nobody reads the paper anymore .:bashhead:

His future wouldn't have been to bright.  But he bought his old man out, with his old mans money.

Que the lyrics to Hall and Oats "Rich Girl".:lol:

It seems to be a weird rejection of worthlessness that drives people who took over a family business to somehow put themselves in a light that they created the whole thing all by themselves.  I've known just a few that clam up with humility or give credit where it is due by giving "dad" or others credit for their livelihood when the subject comes up.  Those kind are good people and good businessmen.  The others are just plain gross.  Usually loud, arrogant and classless.  They just can't wait to show everybody "their" money.  I can't get away fast enough!

Yuck.

13 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

How about a challenge Dumbass #1.  Why don't you do a google search mentioning Syrian Refugees using Fox news and Breitbart. Some of your buddy Trumps favourite sources. See how many cowardly headlines you see.

Then replace fox and Breitbart with that terrible Canadian left wing news network CBC. 

The overwhelming coverage is about helping them. 

Ok, Dumbass #2 The refugees that land here are screened. The people that are sneaking across the border have to sneak in. If the present themselves at the border they will be turned away by the US. If they stay trump and his Brown Shirts will send them back to their war torn countries. It's easy for you to say that they shouldn't sneak in but when has your life been in danger?

What risks would you take for your family?

Don't we honour the brave people from the past the took chances, snuck through the Iron curtain to freedom?

I'd rather have someone who can work hard, take risks and appreciate this country than some cowardly, greedy asshole.

Stats show that immigrants on average contribute more than they take. When you hit the second generation the benefits are even better. There will be criminals in the mix but so what there are criminals in our mix. If we deport the bad ones, we still get to keep the good ones.

What are you smoking??? First the current Canadian Immigration laws say that someone walking across the border from the US gets sent back to the US. Not exactly what one would call a shit hole. So now we have about 3,000 that have crossed the Canada US border in January and February. Just what we need, a bunch of people with a total disregard for the Immigration laws of not only the US but now Canada as well. The only reason they have to leave the US would be THEY ARE THERE ILLEGALLY. Now they figure it's just fine to ENTER CANADA ILLEGALLY.

I'D RATHER HAVE SOMEONE WHO RESPECTS THE COUNTRY ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THE LEGAL ROUTE AND IMMIGRATION PROCESS. If they disregard immigration law because they are special and it doesn't apply to them how much respect will they have for the other laws that don't suit them.

Your comparison of the iron curtain is absurd to say the least. They weren't allowed to leave the country and didn't have an opportunity to apply to immigrate to another country.

If they appreciate this country than they should appreciate the laws and follow the process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

What are you smoking??? First the current Canadian Immigration laws say that someone walking across the border from the US gets sent back to the US. Not exactly what one would call a shit hole. So now we have about 3,000 that have crossed the Canada US border in January and February. Just what we need, a bunch of people with a total disregard for the Immigration laws of not only the US but now Canada as well. The only reason they have to leave the US would be THEY ARE THERE ILLEGALLY. Now they figure it's just fine to ENTER CANADA ILLEGALLY.

I'D RATHER HAVE SOMEONE WHO RESPECTS THE COUNTRY ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THE LEGAL ROUTE AND IMMIGRATION PROCESS. If they disregard immigration law because they are special and it doesn't apply to them how much respect will they have for the other laws that don't suit them.

Your comparison of the iron curtain is absurd to say the least. They weren't allowed to leave the country and didn't have an opportunity to apply to immigrate to another country.

If they appreciate this country than they should appreciate the laws and follow the process.

Desperate people do desperate things....

This statement erases all laws.

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It seems to be a weird rejection of worthlessness that drives people who took over a family business to somehow put themselves in a light that they created the whole thing all by themselves.  I've known just a few that clam up with humility or give credit where it is due by giving "dad" or others credit for their livelihood when the subject comes up.  Those kind are good people and good businessmen.  The others are just plain gross.  Usually loud, arrogant and classless.  They just can't wait to show everybody "their" money.  I can't get away fast enough!

Yuck.

Tard success = someone else's. 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tard success = someone else's. 

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with setting your kids up if you are in the position to do so....but you have to make them work for it....and if you see they just dont have the desire and are just coasting....you have to give them the boot to wake them up and bring them back to reality.

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yuck.

I know one of those who give credit to his dad. His grandfather had a small produce stall in a market. His father started working there when he was 6. His father took that small produce market and grew it into one of the largest wholesale produce distributors in the Toronto area. His dad still lives in the same bungalow he bought in the 50's, has more money than he knows what to do with. He gave the business over to his son about 5 years ago and it continues to grow.

His son is the first person to acknowledge he is where he is thanks to the hard work of his grandfather and father. I've heard him say how he owes everything to his dads hard work and sacrifices. If you go into their offices the first thing you see are two paintings. One of his father and one of his grandfather. He put them up when he took over the business. None of him.

at this point what does it matter,, Trump won the electoral collage, which is how we elect a president in the US and will be EVERYONES president for the next 3+ years and at the end of said term WE have the power to vote to give him another term or choose someone else period. As for the immigration issue the borders should have been secured decades ago especially after 9/11, I for one have no problems with immigrants IF they come here LEGALLY like their forefathers did, NOT sneaking in through a crack in the "wall", and as far as refuges go we have a homeless problem here at home TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN before taking in others, I cannot believe the level of butthurt from the libs after this election

13 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I'll admit I've had it great. A huge head start to most people. My old man never gave me anything except opportunity and a great example.

But I had a paper route as a kid. Bought my first snowmobile with it. 

Then I worked Saturdays at the family business and all summers until halfway through highschool. Then I started working 20 hours per week for the last part of school.

I never took a summer off to find myself, had 3 weeks vacation just like everyone else. Worked at least 40 hours per week plus 30 hours per week on call. Took over the business so my old man could retire in his 50's and managed to pay him over 100 grand in wages and profit per year. Then put enough aside to buy the rest of the business from him. We also  donated well over a 100 grand to charities in that time. 

I know that's not a success story like Trump. Get millions as a hand out, then go back for more. Rip people off, become a reality star to make ends meet. Pretend to donate to charities as a tax dodge. Obviously that's the American dream. 

So if someone risks their lives to cross into Canada I'm more apt to applaud their determination than fear and hate them.

Very well said

Edited by Mainecat

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

No many here think your a narcissistic blowhard.

And anyone that has read your drivel knows you Nate all that along with being a hypocrite and a compulsive liar,

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:handjob:

This thread is no different than any of the threads you retard liberals post in. Same old shit from the same old shitty sources spewed by the same old shitty Democrats trying desperately to conserve what's left of their party they have destroyed by doing the same old thing.

Same old, same old, same old, same old.  Complete buffoonery by a group of ignorant, self righteous, repugnant, hypocritical children.

Get fucked.  It's over.  Losers.

Did you actually cry when you typed that?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with setting your kids up if you are in the position to do so....but you have to make them work for it....and if you see they just dont have the desire and are just coasting....you have to give them the boot to wake them up and bring them back to reality.

Not at all.  I told mine to do what he enjoys and not worry about trying to follow me.  Better to earn a modest living loving what you do than to make a lot being totally miserable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not at all.  I told mine to do what he enjoys and not worry about trying to follow me.  Better to earn a modest living loving what you do than to make a lot being totally miserable. 

There's an old saying....

Capturea.JPG.317389e09020ef9d67b374b56fdd9d34.JPG

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Very well said

Who is risking their lives crossing into Canada.  From where?  The refugees are coming from camps already safe and Canada is not at the top of their lists, they settle for Canada.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who is risking their lives crossing into Canada.  From where?  The refugees are coming from camps already safe and Canada is not at the top of their lists, they settle for Canada.

The Libtards want you to believe that those in the US ILLEGALLY and now walking across the unguarded border from the US entering ILLEGALLY into Canada, in Quebec and the prairies are risking their lives because it's winter and cold outside. They are leaving a cold US and entering a cold Canada but their lives are at risk.  

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

His future wouldn't have been to bright.  But he bought his old man out, with his old mans money.

Que the lyrics to Hall and Oats "Rich Girl".:lol:

For such an astute business person you seem to have trouble recognizing succession planning. You don't seem to understand that a properly set up succession can benefit both generations.  If my father had retired when his partner did, he would have been ok. However he bought out his partner because his teenage sons agreed to join the company.  That was great for us but from the early 80's to early 90's there was steady growth in size and profits were fantastic for him. Then when we bought in in the 90's he froze his shares and took all the cash out of the company. That allowed him to invest outside the company and still get solid income from his business without working. His risk was somewhat mitigated because our shares could drop to 0 before his would be affected. But any growth went to us. In the end we all won. His investments outside were good but not as good as his returns through the business. So if he sold out completely in the early 90's he would have less money. 

Meanwhile you spend time talking about silver spoons like it is a bad thing. Like people who get a head start in life should be despised.  Then brag that your son won't ever have to work. Why would you turn your son into someone you despise?

3 hours ago, Dave said:

It's why people continue to work beyond their own needs. They want to see their kids will have s good life. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

No many here think your a narcissistic blowhard.

Funny how when zambitchy talks about how successful he is, people in Business call bullshit. When he talks about his service people who have served call bullshit. Some people are nothing but bullshit. 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

There's an old saying....

Capturea.JPG.317389e09020ef9d67b374b56fdd9d34.JPG

There is a second verse. 

The reason you won't work a day is because the field you love isn't hiring since everyone wants to do it. 

Choose a job you can stand that pays you well enough to afford the things you love to do.