Check your account email address ×

BMW announces subscription based heated seats and options.

One of the most bullshit pieces of fuck I've read  this week.  This will backfire bigtime on them.  At least it should.  A separate subscription fee to activate a heating element.  Can you just imagine the calls to customer service over a billing issue on a -30 day?  :lol:  :wtf: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

One of the most bullshit pieces of fuck I've read  this week.  This will backfire bigtime on them.  At least it should.  A separate subscription fee to activate a heating element.  Can you just imagine the calls to customer service over a billing issue on a -30 day?  :lol:  :wtf: 

It’s the future. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

They can fuck all the way off with this concept. If they need to show ARR to shareholders, stop selling cars outright and go to a 100pct leased business model. 

GM has already completed market analysis. They found that vehicle owners are willing to pay up to $140/mo for extra features. 

45 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

GM has already completed market analysis. They found that vehicle owners are willing to pay up to $140/mo for extra features. 

When my 5 year subscription to OnStar remote services via mobile app, I was bummed, but I didn't renew it since I can still use the key fob to remote start if I'm close enough.  On my wife's car, unfortunately, the only to remote start it is via the app which is $20/month.  We pay for that from May to Sept every year here.

• Gold Member

Smart people will get around most of this. It’s pretty simple to remove the seat cover and add your own heating element 100 in parts and couple hours of time. Shops will get real busy if they start doing stuff like this. Why would I pay $100 a month or whatever it is to use remote start and heated seats when I could add both myself for under 400 bucks maybe 1k if you’re paying someone to do it. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

They can fuck all the way off with this concept. If they need to show ARR to shareholders, stop selling cars outright and go to a 100pct leased business model. 

I can understand paying a fee for content like SIrius, service like Onstar, etc..  But to turn a fucking switch?  No way.  I can see going to a model like Volvo, where you pay a fee for everything, taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc.. but not heated seats.

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Smart people will get around most of this. It’s pretty simple to remove the seat cover and add your own heating element 100 in parts and couple hours of time. Shops will get real busy if they start doing stuff like this. Why would I pay $100 a month or whatever it is to use remote start and heated seats when I could add both myself for under 400 bucks maybe 1k if you’re paying someone to do it. 

My 1980 Saab had heated seats over 40 years ago, having to resort to things like this to override something that should be standard equipment.  Whats next, a power window fee?

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

My 1980 Saab had heated seats over 40 years ago, having to resort to things like this to override something that should be standard equipment.  Whats next, a power window fee?

I agree it’s completely stupid and a power window fee wouldn’t surprise me 😂. I know there is a app for bmw to turn the xdrive on and off so maybe it be as easy as a app if the options are already installed in the car and it’s as simple as turning them on?? 

Service and Repair Information

Subscribers will get access to service manuals, part catalogs, and body repair resources for all Tesla vehicles, along with wiring diagrams and tooling indexes. Also included in the subscription package are service bulletins and labor codes/times.

Pricing

• $31.88 USD/hour
  • $106.25 USD/day
  • $371.88 USD/month
  • $3,187.5 USD/year
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snake said:

Subscribers will get access to service manuals, part catalogs, and body repair resources for all Tesla vehicles, along with wiring diagrams and tooling indexes. Also included in the subscription package are service bulletins and labor codes/times.

Pricing

• $31.88 USD/hour
  • $106.25 USD/day
  • $371.88 USD/month
  • $3,187.5 USD/year

Warranty.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pricing

• $31.88 USD/hour
  • $106.25 USD/day
  • $371.88 USD/month
  • $3,187.5 USD/year

At least bmw will sell you parts to fix your car on your own. Tesla won’t sell any non certified shop a part even if your the owner of the car.

BMW does not have a self-driving car yet—but it's on the way. While BMW has been working on autonomous driving for years, they are keeping safety and consumer value at the forefront of their commercial offerings

• Gold Member

Just think of the savings, with the exceptions of paint, trim choices and other small details they can make the cars mechanically identical on the assembly line. Customer pics options they want at the dealer and it's now custom.

I don't think it should be subscription based but pay once when buying the car. Picked up a used one? Get the options you want added for a fee.

:lol:

But research from GoCompare Car Insurance has found BMW drivers are the most likely to speed, run a red light or make an at-fault claim

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/motoring/revealed-drivers-type-car-most-2334882

Edited by Steve753

Just wait.   We don't like your social score then we are turning off this function of your car.  Oh we see you spend x amount on home utilities....limit how far your car will go.   It won't just be private industry the govt will start to drive it if the liberals are in control. 

Any mfg that does this shit isn't getting a penny of my money again. 

Edited by Highmark