Check your account email address ×

Holy grail of AWD/4WD systems.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

Don’t think there are any plows designed for them.

Oh bummer, well how do you think it would do in the conditions I described? Pushing tons of snow in the freezing cold and snow for 14 hours straight like my gasser can do??

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh bummer, well how do you think it would do in the conditions I described? Pushing tons of snow in the freezing cold and snow for 14 hours straight like my gasser can do??

I don’t think they have a chassis designed for it.  But very few really care how they would handle a plow.  Most people having plowing done for them or don’t live in areas that requiring plowing.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

They are look at me toys not trucks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

TRX shits on powerboost.  Lightning shits on a TRX, and Lightning get boot stomped and takes damage from being so far behind the Rivian

Oh wow, looks like moto was right, that thing is tiny compared to those trucks seeing them lined up, like the size of a Honda pilot..but that thing weighs about as much as a 3/4 ton Bohica?

• Gold Member
Just now, Rigid1 said:

Oh wow, looks like moto was right, that thing is tiny compared to those trucks seeing them lined up, like the size of a Honda pilot..but that thing weighs about as much as a 3/4 ton Bohica?

It’s about 7/8th size.  Think of Toyota Tundra first gens

Just now, BOHICA said:

I don’t think they have a chassis designed for it.  But very few really care how they would handle a plow.  Most people having plowing done for them or don’t live in areas that requiring plowing.

Lol, so most people are plowing who own trucks where it snows..:lol:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Lol, so most people are plowing who own trucks where it snows..:lol:

Vast majority of trucks don’t plow.  Very few do that are sold across the US do.

most people that plow, plow for 14 hours a day?

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They are look at me toys not trucks.

So pretty much it's an electric car with truck body panels, ummm, that's super gay..Oh ev owners are definitely the "look at me crowd" hence the OP needing to justify is lameness on a daily basis...:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Send that thing to the Baja 1000!!

Oh wait, it wouldn't make it 1/4 of the race and have to charge for hours..

:lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Send that thing to the Baja 1000!!

Oh wait, it wouldn't make it 1/4 of the race and have to charge for hours..

:lol:

I don’t think that little pig would do very well in the silt and sand.  And before you post pics of the little pig in Moab electric boi.I have pics of my family and I on the same trails in a 17 GC TrailHawk. We did 5000 miles in 15 days. Trails in 4 states. Didn’t see any charging stations on any of the trails. I didn’t have to carry gas cans either. :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

For me???  Just under 70k when I figure the tax credit.

AE1C5657-1966-4092-916C-73193EA4B32E.png

So totally not feasible for middle and lower income people who live in colder climates and/or use a truck as a tool for work,..It's pretty much a poser vehicle..

Hey maybe in a 10,000 years the globe will have warmed enough that they are functional..

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No one here is qualified to post about EVs unless they actually own one.

I was told this here more than once.

Yet here you are......With your old ass plow truck..:ylsuper:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

TRX shits on powerboost.  Lightning shits on a TRX, and Lightning get boot stomped and takes damage from being so far behind the Rivian

Raptor and trx can tow a trailer for more than a 150 miles.

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

The EV’s are being styled and designed to stand out and not look like traditional ICE vehicles

And ALL the new pickups look like fucking boxy shit.  Not sure why they all think making them look the opposite of aerodynamic is a good thing.  The Rivian can be fixed easily, the rest not so much.  I need more towing range than the Rivian provides, but the sport ute version could work for the W.

• Gold Member
Just now, Rigid1 said:

So totally not feasible for middle and lower income people who live in colder climates and/or use a truck as a tool for work,..It's pretty much a poser vehicle..

Hey maybe in a 10,000 years the globe will have warmed enough that they are functional..

Most trucks even in your area are poser vehicles.  A nicely equipped full size will cost more then what the Rivian is.

some people own Ferraris and some own corollas….  You pick where you want to be in your life and only you can chose.

Just now, BOHICA said:

So can the Rivian…. You just have to charge

So it can't without taking a break. What if there's no where to charge?

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No one here is qualified to post about EVs unless they actually own one.

I was told this here more than once.

You actually remembered something I said! And you listened! Congrats ! Now go buy a EV Boomer!   :roflcrying: