Check your account email address ×

Arctic Circle melting away...all-time heat records may fall

• Platinum Contributing Member

The oven temp continues to rise...yup smashing records for heat much more so than for cold. Damn...India and Pakistan just roasting away. Almost becoming uninhabitable for some.....great, more immigrants.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/intensifying-heat-waves-threaten-south-115821064.html

Screenshot_2022-06-29-11-11-46.png

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Lots of 40's at night here lately, very odd.

Another 12 degrees C here again tonight. Very odd for sure, especially with July 1st being just around the corner. 

According to the Indian Meteorological
Department, 2021 was the fifth-warmest
year in India since 1901, and it capped the

this statement alone should be enough to say fuck it to climate change bullshit and anyone who thinks it real and not just another government and industry to fuck you over 

4 hours ago, toslow said:

According to the Indian Meteorological
Department, 2021 was the fifth-warmest
year in India since 1901, and it capped the

this statement alone should be enough to say fuck it to climate change bullshit and anyone who thinks it real and not just another government and industry to fuck you over 

The glaciers are melting in India OMG!!!!! I heard it's so bad there they did not even get any snow this year. The first year ever since records began last year. This is it the tipping point has been reached. Prepare to be microwaved into a pool of slime.

• Haha 2

In India the highest temperature ever recorded was 51.0 °C (123.8 °F) in Phalodi, Rajsthan which present in Northwest part of India. This highest temperature has been recorded in 19 may 2016 and broke the country’s record for all-time hottest temperature. The previous record was set in 1886 and that was 50.6 °C .

What was the hottest temperature ever recorded here in India?

136.4 degrees Fahrenheit

Official world record remains 134°F at Furnace Creek in 1913. In 2013, WMO officially decertified the official all-time hottest temperature in world history, a 136.4 degrees Fahrenheit (58.0°C) reading from Al Azizia, Libya, in 1923

I wonder why the WMO decertified it? :news:

Edited by irv

Yup fools of a feather flock together:lol:

These scorching records getting thrashed year after year are meaningless.......again more than 2 to 1 when compared to new record cold events......something is up and I know what it is....the TEMPS

3 hours ago, irv said:

In India the highest temperature ever recorded was 51.0 °C (123.8 °F) in Phalodi, Rajsthan which present in Northwest part of India. This highest temperature has been recorded in 19 may 2016 and broke the country’s record for all-time hottest temperature. The previous record was set in 1886 and that was 50.6 °C .

Mustve been all those gasoline powered elephants wandering the streets.

• Haha 2

Face the facts and stats....more records are being broken for high Temps...not cold temps....keep the blinders on......but it's cold outside my window.....wow....the mentality on here leaves a lot to be desired..:lol:

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Face the facts and stats....more records are being broken for high Temps...not cold temps....keep the blinders on......but it's cold outside my window.....wow....the mentality on here leaves a lot to be desired..:lol:

What caused the high temps in 1889?

And it's not global warming anymore. It's climate change.

So if records are just barely getting broken, I'd say that's hardly a climate change.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

What caused the high temps in 1889?

And it's not global warming anymore. It's climate change.

So if records are just barely getting broken, I'd say that's hardly a climate change.

did I ever say that I really cared about what's causing it...

We are warming end of story

10 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You obviously don’t live in northern Canada in the middle of February 

1 minute ago, toslow said:

You obviously don’t live in northern Canada in the middle of February 

Exhibit A....I would imagine it's pretty cold about then:bc:

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Lot's of extremes. It'll get worse. 

There's always been extremes.

:lol:

24 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

did I ever say that I really cared about what's causing it...

We are warming end of story

Records are being broken in the winter as well.

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Omg.....ratio 2 to 1 in favor of warm records being set compared to cold records being set....I don't know how many ways I have to say it but I guess you just don't understand.....there is more warm than cold...let's put it that way.

40 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Funny, isn't it, that they hardly ever get any media attention, and because they don't, some still believe cold records pale in comparison to heat records. :news:

1. February Cold Breaks Dozens of All-Time Records

Early in 2021, there was a cold outbreak that ranks among the most memorable in more than 100 years of U.S. weather records.

Arctic air that originated in Siberia contributed to all-time cold records being broken or tied at 219 locations in the central states Feb. 11-19, extending from North Dakota and Wisconsin to Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana, according to NOAA. Thousands of additional daily records fell by the wayside.

Leading the way was Bottineau, North Dakota, which recorded an air temperature – not a wind chill – of minus 51 degrees on Feb. 13, toppling their previous all-time low of minus 50 which had stood for 128 years.

Among the other notable all-time lows were Owen, Wisconsin (minus 45); Spearfish, South Dakota (minus 33); Sioux City, Iowa (minus 28 two mornings in a row; a tie); Lawton, Oklahoma (minus 12); and Tyler, Texas (minus 6).

Although not all-time records, Dallas-Fort Worth (minus 2) and Oklahoma City (minus 14) had their coldest temperatures since 1949 and 1899, respectively.

The cold outbreak and accompanying winter storms Feb. 10-19 also made this the costliest U.S. winter weather event since at least 1980. NOAA says the weather pattern caused $21 billion in damage, which topped the 1993 Superstorm as the previous most expensive winter weather event in its database.

cliimt.jpg

• Like 1