Check your account email address ×

MSNBC: "It's our job to control what people think."

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

her point was that it's their job to present the facts and debunk the lies from the admin ya dingalings.

:lol:

I'm surprised some of you can actually make it through a whole day with your "logic"

Exactly, but hey, it's their rabbit hole of the day

:lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Study: 91 percent of coverage on evening newscasts was negative to Donald Trump

By HADAS GOLD

10/25/16 03:00 PM EDT

A whopping 91 percent of news coverage about Donald Trump on the three broadcast nightly newscasts over the past 12 weeks has been 'hostile', a new study finds.

The study, conducted by the conservative Media Research Center, found that not only has Trump received significantly more broadcast network news coverage than his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, but nearly all of that coverage (91%) has been hostile, according to the study.

In addition, the networks spent far more airtime focusing on the personal controversies involving Trump, such as his treatment of women, than controversies surrounding Clinton, such as her email practices or the Clinton Foundation.

For the study, MRC analyzed all 588 evening news stories that either discussed or mentioned the presidential campaign on the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts from July 29 through October 20 (including weekends). Of the total newscasts, the networks devoted 29 percent of their time to the campaign. The study did not include comments from the campaigns or candidates themselves, instead focusing on what the correspondents, anchors, expert commentators, and voters on the street said in order to try and hone in on any sort of slant from the networks.

Though neither candidate was necessarily celebrated, Clinton largely just stayed out of the line of fire.

"Even when they were critical of Hillary Clinton — for concealing her pneumonia, for example, or mischaracterizing the FBI investigation of her e-mail server — network reporters always maintained a respectful tone in their coverage," the study found. "This was not the case with Trump, who was slammed as embodying “the politics of fear,” or a “dangerous” and “vulgar” “misogynistic bully” who had insulted vast swaths of the American electorate."

The 2005 tape of Trump making lewd comments about women and other allegations of his mistreatment of women was by far the most covered topic, garnering 102 minutes of coverage. Questions about Clinton's age and health and her personal email server were the next most covered topics, garnering 93 minutes combined.

“It doesn’t really surprise me, I think most people got the sense that this was a hostile place for Trump, the establishment media," said Rich Noyes, director of research for the MRC. "I would say looking at the big picture, the Trump campaign and to a lesser extent Republicans in general wanted this to be a referendum on Obama … the Clinton campaign, the Democrats, once Trump was picked wanted this be a referendum on Donald Trump. Television news has for the past 12 weeks has been giving the Democrats the campaign they wanted.”

In a somewhat related study, television columnist and tracker Andrew Tyndall noted on Monday that issues coverage on the nightly news thus far this year "has been virtually non-existent."

"Of the 32 minutes total, terrorism (17 mins) and foreign policy (7 mins) towards the Middle East (Israel-ISIS-Syria-Iraq) have attracted some attention. Gay rights, immigration and policing have been mentioned in passing," Tyndall notes. "No trade, no healthcare, no climate change, no drugs, no poverty, no guns, no infrastructure, no deficits. To the extent that these issues have been mentioned, it has been on the candidates' terms, not on the networks' initiative."

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: No  worries there then huh? Just business as usual then eh?

The press was in close with Hillary feeding her questions and upfront info but it's the complete opposite with Trump and he's pointing fingers at them now that he's POTUS.

The press got him elected but now they will be his demise? You really need to make up your mind! He's been taunting them from the get go.

The election is over so focus on the new lies of the man that holds the most powerful position in the world.

Myself and the majority of others dont care about the past regarding the media.

The media will and has to stay focused on Trump and will be his demise.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The election is over so focus on the new lies of the man that holds the most powerful position in the world.

I can see how you don't wan the past brought up see how your party sunk Bernie then Hillary lost to Trump of all people.

Trump will be his own demise you dumb ass....the media will just report on it. FFS

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Name one regarding news.  

what type of news? political? world? economy? weather? conflicts? interviews? commentary? the world of podcast is very specific. cable news is dying. the kniw very few people that watch cable news. even less watch network news. 

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

:lol: 

Come on dude, go out and get some fresh air. 

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Because you're as much of a Liar as they are 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I don't disagree there are things he could clean up but can you name is top 5 lies you are referring to?

you can easily find his lies if you're motivated to do so. i've yet to meet a trump supporter that was bothered by his lies. 

25 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I can see how you don't wan the past brought up see how your party sunk Bernie then Hillary lost to Trump of all people.

Trump will be his own demise you dumb ass....the media will just report on it. FFS

Living in the now is more important. The focus is on Trump and not anyone else as it should be.

He will be his own demise and the media will toast him as it did Nixon

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Living in the now is more important. The focus is on Trump and not anyone else as it should be.

Is this another one of your baseless predictions? The MSM has been trying to sink him for a couple years now. It's not working. It's so blatantly bias anyone with half a brain stopped paying attention a long time ago.

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

But blaming Bush for eight years was not living in the past 

you pathetic hack