Check your account email address ×

Are we experiencing inflation or enjoying free market capitalism?

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's the over the top sarcasm/sanctimony that really draws me into your threads.....

Big hit at parties, I assume...

I also do bah mitzvahs and birthday parties for pets

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Maybe both?  

The root cause imo was the massive unpaid, poorly planned ENORMOUS stimulus by Trump, Biden the House and Senate. 

But, capitalism... right?

If we were like Venezuela with this spending inflation would be > 1000%.  

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

This corner2cnr guy has a real actual functioning brain. An absolute rarity here !!!

I just find it ironically humorous that some folks are so hell bent over inflation and finger pointing but aren't also willing to discuss capitalism in the same sentence, let alone the root cause.  most American's have the attention span of a gnat.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I just find it ironically humorous that some folks are so hell bent over inflation and finger pointing but aren't also willing to discuss capitalism in the same sentence, let alone the root cause.  most American's have the attention span of a gnat.   

The govt controls the money supply, spending, travel, trade, regulation and most important...warfare. Free market capitalists want less of that(govt control). I am assuming you want more? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The govt controls the money supply, spending, travel, trade, regulation and most important...warfare. Free market capitalists want less of that(govt control). I am assuming you want more? 

did I imply that? 

let me ask you this, was the stimulus truly necessary and a well thought out / executed endeavor? 

a few effects being...

the stock market went ballistic and the price of 'everything' people were willing to pay went insane, and let's not forget all those folks who were surfing their sofas for $900 a week rather than working many were complaining about... for starters.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

did I imply that? 

let me ask you this, was the stimulus truly necessary and a well thought out / executed endeavor? 

a few effects being...

the stock market went ballistic and the price of 'everything' people were willing to pay went insane, and let's not forget all those folks who were surfing their sofas for $900 a week rather than working many were complaining about... for starters.

yes you implied that with your cunty criticism of "free market capitalism" because the alternative to that is control which is what we have now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

That ended back in 2008 when the guberment bailed out the banks. 

Long before that. If you need the govt's permission to buy something or have to pay a tax then it isnt free market capitalism

Just now, Anler said:

Long before that. If you need the govt's permission to buy something or have to pay a tax then it isnt free market capitalism

huh, I thought corporations and businesses controlled prices that effect the consumers?  I'll write my congressman later about the government price control manipulation program, he's going to get an earful.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did I imply that? 

a few effects being...

But all these people that were unemployed and couldn't find a job needed the help.  FFS, anyone who still believes that has virtually no common sense and lacks any cognitive ability to put what you said in perspective.

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

huh, I thought corporations and businesses controlled prices that effect the consumers?  I'll write my congressman later about the government price control manipulation program, he's going to get an earful.

They do. They use the govt to enforce it. You know kinda like we are seeing with oil right now

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did I imply that? 

a few effects being...

I guess it would depend on the type of stimulus.  When they are essentially a grift for corps that do nothing for the people, just leaving them the baggage, that will catch up.

Now a stimulus that invest in infrastructure and keeps the working class employed is one that benefits all.

Follow the $$$ and see where it went and who is left holding the bag.

56 minutes ago, Anler said:

They do. They use the govt to enforce it. You know kinda like we are seeing with oil right now

oil is a supply/demand publicly traded commodity, like corn or lumber.   why do you believe gas was so cheap in 2020? 

(please say because of Trump 🙏)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

oil is a supply/demand publicly traded commodity, like corn or lumber.   why do you believe gas was so cheap in 2020? 

(please say because of Trump 🙏)

Well why does the govt put sanctions on countries who produced oil if it's a "free market"? Doesn't that affect supply?

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess it would depend on the type of stimulus.  When they are essentially a grift for corps that do nothing for the people, just leaving them the baggage, that will catch up.

Now a stimulus that invest in infrastructure and keeps the working class employed is one that benefits all.

Follow the $$$ and see where it went and who is left holding the bag.

How much was the airline industry handed between 2020 & 2021 alone as one example? 

Infrastructure spending isn't totally abhorrent, but there's a lot of hidden waste there as well.

As 'consumers of democracy' it's my opinion we don't get good value for money.  My child, her children and grandchildren will be paying for the Covid stimulus pyramid scheme.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Three big ones with sanctions:

Russia

Iran

Venezuela

Seems if they could sell their oil freely we would have plenty of supply

In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949. 

Why was the US a net exporter of oil ?  

This is a trick question.  

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949. 

Why was the US a net exporter of oil ?  

This is a trick question.  

So the US puts sanctions on major oil producers (reducing supply) and then US oil companies are able to export oil to markets that command higher prices making prices higher here? That is a good trick

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

How much was the airline industry handed between 2020 & 2021 alone as one example? 

Infrastructure spending isn't totally abhorrent, but there's a lot of hidden waste there as well.

As 'consumers of democracy' it's my opinion we don't get good value for money.  My child, her children and grandchildren will be paying for the Covid stimulus pyramid scheme.

Would the govt needed to bailout the airline industry if the country wasn't shut down......BY GOVT?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

So the US puts sanctions on major oil producers (reducing supply) and then US oil companies are able to export oil to markets that command higher prices making prices higher here? That is a good trick

There is a little bit a fallacy in that statement.   Not saying it isn't somewhat true but those countries supply plenty of oil to other countries including those friendly to the US.   The oil still gets into the worldwide market.  The US and other countries are producing less than the growth of the world economy needed coming out of COVID.  Its not just oil its almost everything that has been impacted by that.   

Fact is we are dealing with an overreaction or likely an intentional reaction to COVID.   One side wanted EVERYTHING that is going on to make significant changes to the world in everything from the economy to energy on a greatly accelerated timetable. 

Edited by Highmark