Check your account email address ×

Are we experiencing inflation or enjoying free market capitalism?

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

How much was the airline industry handed between 2020 & 2021 alone as one example? 

Infrastructure spending isn't totally abhorrent, but there's a lot of hidden waste there as well.

As 'consumers of democracy' it's my opinion we don't get good value for money.  My child, her children and grandchildren will be paying for the Covid stimulus pyramid scheme.

Why did we need to shutdown any industry?

Covid is a scam.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is a little bit a fallacy in that statement.   Not saying it isn't somewhat true but those countries supply plenty of oil to other countries including those friendly to the US.   The oil still gets into the worldwide market.  The US and other countries are producing less than the growth of the world economy needed coming out of COVID.  Its not just oil its almost everything that has been impacted by that.   

Agreed and the eleventy trillion they dumped into the economy threw everything out of balance too. 

Creating money out of thin air and then dumping it into the global economy created a bubble while at the same time devalued the purchasing power of that money. That is also not free market capitalism. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

Agreed and the eleventy trillion they dumped into the economy threw everything out of balance too. 

Creating money out of thin air and then dumping it into the global economy created a bubble while at the same time devalued the purchasing power of that money. That is also not free market capitalism. 

Said this before the admin has a perfect "excuse" for inflation but using it they would have to admit that govt over spending causes it.   They simply could say we must collect higher tax revenue from the wealthy and corps to offset the spending or need to borrow (print) money.   I honestly don't think they believe or understand what really causes inflation and that's why they are not shouting this from the mountain tops. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Said this before the admin has a perfect "excuse" for inflation but using it they would have to admit that govt over spending causes it.   They simply could say we must collect higher tax revenue from the wealthy and corps to offset the spending or need to borrow (print) money.   I honestly don't think they believe or understand what really causes inflation and that's why they are not shouting this from the mountain tops. 

Devalue the currency and raise taxes. Why don't they just tell everyone to kill themselves?

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why did we need to shutdown any industry?

Covid is a scam.

I wouldn't call the virus itself a scam, but many events revolving around it may be typified as such but it's spilled milk at this juncture 

Jet aviation fuel accounts for roughly 8 million barrells of oil, daily.  so, when govts around the world locked down most of the planet oil supply far exceeded demand, dropping the price to -$ per barrel one day and consumers temporarily benefitted during the airline shutdown.  the Gov rewarded them with billions. 

Saudi Arabia and Russia played a large role on the supply side to restore price controls (profits) but not with anyone's best interests but their own.

Wonder how many here know about the Texas railroad commission and their role in supply/demand pricing, and what they did during Covid.  

When oil went -$ p/b I invested because I understand worldwide demand.  

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Devalue the currency and raise taxes. Why don't they just tell everyone to kill themselves?

They will claim they just need to raise taxes on the wealthy and business' like they do to pay for everything else.   Its not a solution but its an answer to the "what do you want to do about inflation" question they are getting daily from even the MSM now. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

two presidents and two parties did this... that's why neither will have an honest discussion with the American public about it.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/TVC-DXY/

Dollar is doing ok in itself, purchasing power is diminished

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They will claim they just need to raise taxes on the wealthy and business' like they do to pay for everything else.   Its not a solution but its an answer to the "what do you want to do about inflation" question they are getting daily from even the MSM now. 

Anyone who believes they are going to raise taxes on their donors is a fool.

The govt is single handedly raising the cost of everything and derps like cnr2 want moar!

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

two presidents and two parties did this... that's why neither will have an honest discussion with the American public about it.

:lol: the dollar is okay but the price of everything is skyrocketing... Hmmm how does that happen? 

So increasing the money supply by several trillion dollars doesn't devalue the dollar? Interesting.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Honestly I was against most of the COVID spending Trump pushed thru however they would have impeached him or used the 25th to remove him if he didn't.  The level of insanity during 2020 was off the charts. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I was against most of the COVID spending Trump pushed thru however they would have impeached him or used the 25th to remove him if he didn't.  The level of insanity during 2020 was off the charts. 

have you seen the 'payment plan' for all of the stimulus yet?  :lol: 

it involves high inflation

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And the 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus was passed strictly along party lines in 2021 as well, so to say 2 parties and 2 presidents did this is messed up.

Don't get me wrong, I did not favor the CARES act either, but when things pass strictly along party lines, that is a problem

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Edited by racer254

Inflation is here to stay boys and girls for quite a few years down the road.   Get use to it. 

Its always the governments fault when you hate the government. 
Most here were crowing about their homes doubling in value. Many here took cash out and did stupid buys like new vehicles, sleds etc….even paying more than list cause the were flush and thought they were 1 percenters. Never looking back at history to learn it all comes crashing down again. Money has been free for too long and now it’s over. Then add a war and a pandemic.

Look in the mirror.

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Most here were crowing about their homes doubling in value. Many here took cash out and did stupid buys like new vehicles, sleds etc….even paying more than list cause the were flush and thought they were 1 percenters. Never looking back at history to learn it all comes crashing down again. Money has been free for too long and now it’s over. Then add a war and a pandemic.

Look in the mirror.

You didn’t build that 

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Look in the mirror.

Most people are financially irresponsible, I won't argue with that. But the govt is who puts every obstacle into our lives. And right now they are fucking up the entire world. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Most people are financially irresponsible, I won't argue with that. But the govt is who puts every obstacle into our lives. And right now they are fucking up the entire world. 

What obstacle is in your way?

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

What obstacle is in your way?

Oh I don't know, name one thing people do in their daily lives that doesn't require a license or a tax. My job is 100% regulated by govt and govt at several levels. County, city, state and fed. I know phd's in our industry that still can't claim they fully know all of the regs.