Check your account email address ×

Boomer national park pass

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

$20 annual or if you think you’re gonna live awhile, $80 lifetime. Great deal. 62+

Mine is free no cost.  They just give a free annual to you when you go into a park 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

EV’s charging for free in a growing network in the national parks.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/evcharging.htm

That's awesome, you know a lot about EV's, can you direct me to a first car for my son, he gets his license next month, something around $4000-$5500, AWD, That's reliable, and real good in the snow( I live in the snowiest large city in America)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's awesome, you know a lot about EV's, can you direct me to a first car for my son, he gets his license next month, something around $4000-$5500, AWD, That's reliable, and real good in the snow( I live in the snowiest large city in America)

Your shit out of luck.  EV’s are for the well off and if you are looking to spend $4-5k you are going to be buying something pretty fucking pos that isn’t an EV

Edited by BOHICA

Your shit out of luck.  EV’s are for the well off and if you are looking to spend $4-5k you are going to be buying something pretty fucking pos that isn’t an EV

Oh gotcha, so owning a ev is not feasible for the average person or a new driver..

Oh I got him a mint 02 Toyota 4runner with 102k for miles for $2500, 4wd, no rust, everything works, no leaks, had to do an EVAP canister and it's all good...Far from a POS..:thumbsup:

IMG_20210520_184546674.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh gotcha, so owning a ev is not feasible for the average person or a new driver..

Oh I got him a mint 02 Toyota 4runner with 102k for miles for $2500, 4wd, no rust, everything works, no leaks, had to do an EVAP canister and it's all good...Far from a POS..:thumbsup:

Want to make $14 the hard way?

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Probably cost him 50 cents a mile in fuel?  😂 

Probably cost him 50 cents a mile in fuel?  😂 

Gets in the low 20's for mpg, it's 5 miles to school, 6 miles to work. $564/yr for insurance on it............wonder what a new Tesla monthly payment is and for a years insurance would cost him??

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How were you able to buy that for $2500? 

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll give you $2514 for it.  I need to start looking for a replacement for Big rHonda.

I got $300 into the EVAP canister, so NO DEAL!!!

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Gets in the low 20's for mpg, it's 5 miles to school, 6 miles to work. $564/yr for insurance on it............wonder what a new Tesla monthly payment is and for a years insurance would cost him??

Kid in high school everything is expensive.  Nisssn leaf would be more a kid in highschool income level

One of my employees has a Model 3 of some variety and she said it is $1200 a month.  Didn't ask if it was a lease or a loan payment.

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I got $300 into the EVAP canister, so NO DEAL!!!

So you aren't interested in making $14...

Just now, BOHICA said:

Kid in high school everything is expensive.  Nisssn leaf would be more a kid in highschool income level

Is it AWD?? Like I said I live in the snowiest large city in America? Needs to be kinda heavy too to cut tru the slush..They don't close schools and businesses here for 12' of snow, that just a normal day..

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

One of my employees has a Model 3 of some variety and she said it is $1200 a month.  Didn't ask if it was a lease or a loan payment.

$1200 buys a lot of fuel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Fuck, he only is allowed to work 16 hours a week per law, it sounding like EV's are not feasible for the average person or new driver...

It's a hard pass bro, shit, come to think of it I sold the stupid roof basket thing for $150 and the safari tail light guards for $40, so I would be making money..hmmmm