Check your account email address ×

Boomer national park pass

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

15-16 average according to hand calculate results in fuelly.   22-25mpg down hill at 45 mph maybe.

Sorry it bothers you I get good gas mileage, I went back in my photos, best was actually 28.2mpg in my 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 with 130k for miles..💪💪💪

Screenshot_20220612-145127.png

IMG_20210618_183917140_HDR.jpg

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Sorry it bothers you I get good gas mileage, I went back in my photos, best was actually 28.2mpg in my 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 with 130k for miles..💪💪💪

Screenshot_20220612-145127.png

IMG_20210618_183917140_HDR.jpg

Average of 14.9 mpg

Edited by BOHICA

37 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

gen xer my ass.  Boomer all the way

Generation X, a term typically used to describe the generation of Americans born between 1965 and 1980,

FT_19.01.17_generations_2019.png

• the Greatest Generation (1901 to 1924), 
  • the Silent Generation (1925 to 1945), 
  • the Baby Boomers (1946 to 1964), among others. 

Wife and I happily 1965ers....

BISH... :lol:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

Generation X, a term typically used to describe the generation of Americans born between 1965 and 1980,

FT_19.01.17_generations_2019.png

• the Greatest Generation (1901 to 1924), 
  • the Silent Generation (1925 to 1945), 
  • the Baby Boomers (1946 to 1964), among others. 

Wife and I happily 1965ers....

BISH... :lol:

bleed over.  Some gen xers are boomers such as you. 

Just now, BOHICA said:

bleed over.  Some gen xers are boomers such as you. 

Just another example of changing the rules to suit a predetermined agenda....

Solar panels give you that, or the car?

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Average of 14.9 mpg

Might have had my trailer on, pic is from a year ago,..but that 28.2mpg didn't come out of nowhere.. Although you would like to think that it did.................:lol:

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Might have had my trailer on, pic is from a year ago,..but that 28.2mpg didn't come out of nowhere.. Although you would like to think that it did.................:lol:

Ya that came on a downhill coast with a trip computer reset to fit an agenda

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Just another example of changing the rules to suit a predetermined agenda....

Solar panels give you that, or the car?

Karen’s are Boomers, you are a Karen therefore you are a boomer.

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya that came on a downhill coast with a trip computer reset to fit an angenda

That's the average over 31 miles,(I don't really drive my truck over 30mi in one shot so that's what I care about)

I live in NY, Syracuse to be exact,..can you find me a 31 miles long hill in my area to fit your agenda?? 

Why you so upset a full size maintained truck can actually get good gas Mileage?? I mean I don't race to a red light and I think I drive efficiently since it's my job and do 1200+ miles a week..But you seem to be in disbelief even when I did simple math?? BJ's gas is 4.63/gal says it right there at the top of the pic...and at 20mpg it comes out to .23/mile, but you wanted it to be more than double that?? That's kinda weird dude, it's a mathematical fact and you are in disbelief.. really really weird..

And FYI @spin_dry as you can see BJ'S has bananas on the cheap..if you're still scowering the country looking for them..

Screenshot_20220612-142529.png

Edited by Rigid1

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Your shit out of luck.  EV’s are for the well off and if you are looking to spend $4-5k you are going to be buying something pretty fucking pos that isn’t an EV

Do they have an option pkg. of hearing the sound of a V8 or V10 going through the speakers when you accelerate..... cause those sounds are priceless.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh gotcha, so owning a ev is not feasible for the average person or a new driver..

Oh I got him a mint 02 Toyota 4runner with 102k for miles for $2500, 4wd, no rust, everything works, no leaks, had to do an EVAP canister and it's all good...Far from a POS..:thumbsup:

IMG_20210520_184546674.jpg

Wow...you got a steal on that. Can never go wrong with the Yota.... my brother got 422K miles out of his Rav 4

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

People always use their best ever achieved mileage to calculate what they tell everybody they get all the time.  Most vehicles have lifetime mpg and will tell you what they have gotten.  Even then it’s computer optimistic mpg.

your truck probably has averaged 15-16 mpg over its live.

13.4 average on pretty much all my cars.....still no interest in an EV

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's the average over 31 miles,(I don't really drive my truck over 30mi in one shot so that's what I care about)

I live in NY, Syracuse to be exact,..can you find me a 31 miles long hill in my area to fit your agenda?? 

Why you so upset a full size maintained truck can actually get good gas Mileage?? I mean I don't race to a red light and I think I drive efficiently since it's my job and do 1200+ miles a week..But you seem to be in disbelief even when I did simple math?? BJ's gas is 4.63/gal says it right there at the top of the pic...and at 20mpg it comes out to .23/mile, but you wanted it to be more than double that?? That's kinda weird dude, it's a mathematical fact and you are in disbelief.. really really weird..

And FYI @spin_dry as you can see BJ'S has bananas on the cheap..if you're still scowering the country looking for them..

Screenshot_20220612-142529.png

Your average mpg is under 15.  Says it right in your cluster. 

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What's that say??

IMG_20220612_161523697.jpg

Oh just ran to the store to get a pack of smokes quick..fuck I went 2 miles and my average went up??

HOw is this possible, I don't have an ev!!IMG_20220612_163122020.thumb.jpg.c4bd869e0f71115f656ecf327f10f85f.jpg

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What's that say??

IMG_20220612_161523697.jpg

Now go switch it to say 400 miles or 500 miles on the “Fuel Economy Last” page. What ever the highest setting is and snap a pic cause that is what your average would be over a tank or 2 of gas

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Now go switch it to say 400 miles or 500 miles…. What ever the highest setting is and snap a pic cause that is what your average would be over a tank or 2 of gas

Like I said I tow a trailer more than I don't..and I'm at about 14-15mpg towing so that wouldn't be accurate..but is my odometer lying that I just drove 2 miles without a trailer on and increased my mpg?? Let me guess..it was all down hill both ways?? :lol:

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

If you just read page 3 you'd never know what the thread was about :lol: it's awesome :bc:

I love hijacking threads!!

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I love hijacking threads!!

This is the way

:bc: you have to watch The Mandalorian to get that one

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who the fuck cares what the MPG is. 
Drive the God dam thing….life is short.

A business owner who's largest expense is fuel, a race car driver on fuel strategy?? There's 2..any more stupid questions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Like I said I tow a trailer more than I don't..and I'm at about 14-15mpg towing so that wouldn't be accurate..but is my odometer lying that I just drove 2 miles without a trailer on and increased my mpg?? Let me guess..it was all down hill both ways?? :lol:

It was likely at 30 mph.  Lol.  You must be scared to go to a longer period on you cluster…

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It was likely at 30 mph.  Lol.  You must be scared to go to a longer period on you cluster…

Like I said, I tow more than I don't, I mowed 33 lawns between Friday afternoon and Saturday evening.But today was a drive without a trailer to the grocery store and along the lake, and I went from 14 something mpg to 20 something mpg in about 25-30 miles..What's so hard to believe about that?? but with out a trailer I can easily get into the low to mid 20's in a full size 2014 4 door pick up with a 5.3 v8... Fuck I just showed you my odometer and went 2 miles up to the gas station and back and increased my mpg..It is 40mph Infront of my house..I do have significantly lighter wheels, tires, and brakes on my truck,..so less rotational mass,.. TBH, but then again that 28mpg was with the old wheels, tires, and brakes, and a Yamaha Nytro in the bed

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Like I said, I tow more than I don't, I mowed 33 lawns between Friday afternoon and Saturday evening.But today was a drive without a trailer to the grocery store and along the lake, and I went from 14 something mpg to 20 something mpg in about 25-30 miles..What's so hard to believe about that?? but with out a trailer I can easily get into the low to mid 20's in a full size 2014 4 door pick up with a 5.3 v8... Fuck I just showed you my odometer and went 2 miles up to the gas station and back and increased my mpg..It is 40mph Infront of my house..I do have significantly lighter wheels, tires, and brakes on my truck,..so less rotational mass,.. TBH, but then again that 28mpg was with the old wheels, tires, and brakes, and a Yamaha Nytro in the bed

So what’s the average over the “last 50 miles”…. It’s a setting in your gauge…. 25-30 of it will be at 40 mph without a trailer on Sunday and 25-20 that will be towing a trailer on Friday/Saturday.  Take a pic…