Check your account email address ×

Boomer national park pass

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They fetch $9k around here 

They gave him 2k on the trade, said give me $2500 and that will cover our time and paperwork..My buddy takes care of me,..bought my 11 ram from him for 20k, put 46k miles on it and he gave me 26k for it on trade 5 years ago..It's nice knowing people,..I get deals on everything..

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Is it AWD?? Like I said I live in the snowiest large city in America? Needs to be kinda heavy too to cut tru the slush..They don't close schools and businesses here for 12' of snow, that just a normal day..

Parking lot is probably full of front wheel drive vehicles on snowy days at that highschool

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

They gave him 2k on the trade, said give me $2500 and that will cover our time and paperwork..My buddy takes care of me,..bought my 11 ram from him for 20k, put 46k miles on it and he gave me 26k for it on trade 5 years ago..It's nice knowing people,..I get deals on everything..

Yep. My best bud is an auto broker. All my vehicles for the last 30 years come through him. High mileage, well maintained stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Parking lot is probably full of front wheel drive vehicles on snowy days at that highschool

Lol, umm, nope, lots of older Nissan rogue's and Rav4's..Not really a lot of cars around here unless it's like a summer vehicle..

Just now, BOHICA said:

Impressive the thing exceeds the EPA rating by a significant amount.  It’s a special one.  

Well it's math, price per gallon of regular today at BJ'S divided by let's say it gets 20mpg?? I mean, is my math wrong or something?? my sierra gets 22ish, best is 25mpg and I can go take a photo of that right now if you would like..

What you think it gets 9mpg to come up with your .50/Mi?? I mean it's your statement on the .50/mi not mine...........

Wonder what insurance would be on your car for a 16yr old fresh out of drivers Ed?? Think 4-5k a year?? $600/month?? Plus the $1200/mo payment?? Sounds like a great idea for the middle and lower middle class!!

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well it's math, price per gallon of regular today at BJ'S divided by let's say it gets 20mpg?? I mean, is my math wrong or something?? my sierra gets 22ish, best is 25mpg and I can go take a photo of that right now if you would like..

What you think it gets 9mpg to come up with your .50/Mi?? I mean it's your statement on the .50/mi not mine...........

Wonder what insurance would be on your car for a 16yr old fresh out of drivers Ed?? Think 4-5k a year?? $600/month?? Plus the $1200/mo payment?? Sounds like a great idea for the middle and lower middle class!!

People always use their best ever achieved mileage to calculate what they tell everybody they get all the time.  Most vehicles have lifetime mpg and will tell you what they have gotten.  Even then it’s computer optimistic mpg.

your truck probably has averaged 15-16 mpg over its live.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Plus he is a bit young to get the 'snob/elitist/sanctimony' injections every six months.

Those ain't cheap, but it help steer ANY conversation on the planet to why he is a superior human for driving one....

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Plus he is a bit young to get the 'snob/elitist/sanctimony' injections every six months.

Those ain't cheap, but it help steer ANY conversation on the planet to why he is a superior human for driving one....

Don’t get all triggered Karen

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

People always use their best achieved mileage to calculate what they tell everybody they get.  Most vehicles have lifetime mpg and will tell you what they have gotten.  Even then it’s computer optimistic mpg.

your truck probably has averaged 15-16 mpg over its live.

Well yeah, it has a trailer hooked to it more than it doesn't (own a landscape/lawn business and tow my sled trailer in the winter) but today to the grocery store and a drive by the lake with no trailer it went from 16mpg(towed all day yesterday cutting grass) to 21.9 when I got home from the store and a little side excursion by the lake.. 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

EV’s charging for free in a growing network in the national parks.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/evcharging.htm

There were a lot of EVs in the national parks in Utah the last couple years. Think alot of them drive in from California.

Better have a full charge going into the parks.  No place to charge and not a place you'd want to run out of juice.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Don’t get all triggered Karen

Man needs to know the side effects of castration, donchathink?

And just so the fine folks of this forum think everyone in Idaho has lost their marbles, these are available probably not far from him...

IMG_28381.thumb.jpg.94cd01452fb0eceeac5d99e13e920f38.jpg

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well yeah, it has a trailer hooked to it more than it doesn't (own a landscape/lawn business and tow my sled trailer in the winter) but today to the grocery store and a drive by the lake with no trailer it went from 16mpg(towed all day yesterday cutting grass) to 21.9 when I got home from the store and a little side excursion by the lake.. 

must be a diesel cause the gassers don’t get anywhere near that.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/gmc/sierra_1500/2021

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I find that ev owners live in there own little world and shy away from the reality that new drivers actually exist, I'd bet he hasn't had a kid at home in over a decade if he even has kids. I'd bet the thought of a new driver never has crossed his mind while pumping his EV propaganda..It's laughable how out of touch some people are..

• Like 2

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Man needs to know the side effects of castration, donchathink?

And just so the fine folks of this forum think everyone in Idaho has lost their marbles, these are available probably not far from him...

IMG_28381.thumb.jpg.94cd01452fb0eceeac5d99e13e920f38.jpg

Shit Karen….  My garage art is more masculine then your transportation.  Hell your old so your testosterone has left you along time ago boomer

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I find that ev owners live in there own little world and shy away from the reality that new drivers actually exist, I'd bet he hasn't had a kid at home in over a decade if he even has kids. I'd bet the thought of a new driver never has crossed his mind while pumping his EV propaganda..It's laughable how out of touch some people are..

The average cost of insurance for a Tesla Model 3 is $1,712 per year, which is $285 more than the average cost of insurance across all car models.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Shit Karen….  My garage art is more masculine then your transportation.  Hell your old so your testosterone has left you along time ago boomer

:lol:

And I;m a Gen xer, bish... :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The average cost of insurance for a Tesla Model 3 is $1,712 per year, which is $285 more than the average cost of insurance across all car models.

660ish a year is all my insurance is on Tesla.

must be a diesel cause the gassers don’t get anywhere near that.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/gmc/sierra_1500/2021

Nope, it's a 5.3 with a tune, tow a single axle landscape trailer (1900lbs) with a 1400lb zero turn, sled trailer is a clam shell..990lbs, with two sleds add another 1000ish lbs..I actually get better mpg with the mower on the trailer than with out,..That rear gate catches a hell of a lot of wind..

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

There were a lot of EVs in the national parks in Utah the last couple years. Think alot of them drive in from California.

Better have a full charge going into the parks.  No place to charge and not a place you'd want to run out of juice.

Anybody run out of juice?

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'd bet a 16 year old would be 4k+/yr

• Gold Member
Just now, Rigid1 said:

Nope, it's a 5.3 with a tune, tow a single axle landscape trailer (1900lbs) with a 1400lb zero turn, sled trailer is a clam shell..990lbs, with two sleds add another 1000ish lbs..I actually get better mpg with the mower on the trailer than with out,..That rear gate catches a hell of a lot of wind..

15-16 average according to hand calculate results in fuelly.   22-25mpg down hill at 45 mph maybe.