Check your account email address ×

Who controls gas prices?

15 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

As much as I cannot stand Joe Biden the current gas prices have nothing to do with him or the government it's nothing but greedy American oil companies who want to make billions. We only got 3% of our oil from Russia about 6% from OPEC and the rest comes from our own supply and Canada. Last I knew we had good relations with Canada so it's not their fault. Follow the money and you will see why gas is so high.

You are as much an idiot as the last time you were here...

Congrats...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gas prices are magically very high in countries deep in the Paris Accord and European Union.  Gotta make electric more appealing.

They all have a coordinated plan regarding this.  Some have a hard time seeing it.

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just wait.....there's more!

The immediate reason for the jump in electric rates is that the war in Ukraine has driven up the already high cost of natural gas, which is burned to produce about 40 percent of America’s electricity. And supply chain chaos has made routine grid maintenance and upgrades more expensive.

What is particularly worrisome, energy experts said, is that these short-term disruptions could be just the start. They fear that electricity rates will rise at a rapid clip for years because utilities and regulators are realizing they need to harden electric grids against natural disasters linked to climate change like the winter storm that left Texas without power for days last year. Power companies are also spending more on new transmission lines, batteries, wind turbines, solar farms and other gear to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Maybe the Amish have it right with the horse and buggy

@spin_dry They want to "harden" the electrical grid also  :lol: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/business/energy-environment/high-electric-bills-summer.html

12 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

As much as I cannot stand Joe Biden the current gas prices have nothing to do with him or the government it's nothing but greedy American oil companies who want to make billions. We only got 3% of our oil from Russia about 6% from OPEC and the rest comes from our own supply and Canada. Last I knew we had good relations with Canada so it's not their fault. Follow the money and you will see why gas is so high.

The current gas prices and inflation are 100% US govt created with the current sanctions on Russia. That is the truth. If you would have said this when gas prices were $3.50 a gallon before Ukraine I would have agreed with you. But that is not the case right now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

oils traded on the world market so  where it comes from really doesn;t matter.  Exxons not going to sell to americans at 50 barrel when they can make 100.   Biden is not directly responsible but his admins not oil friendly for sure.