Check your account email address ×

Int’l Falls Mn, Fort Frances Ont flooding

Rainy Lake and Rainy River are heading for the last high water mark from 1950. Here is a few pics from the states side of Rainy Lake 

AE4614D5-B8B3-41CC-A1DA-4A4A1F16FBA6.jpeg

ADA71357-AD00-4B03-B762-747D50E820BB.jpeg

72F0FBDD-89A6-42AA-BDA6-7CB6D5E565C5.jpeg

D8222DFA-3198-4519-91A6-228B11C0E9B7.jpeg

B3F675E6-F770-42F2-BCC9-FF25CDDE6DB5.jpeg

42D5D869-0D51-4A47-AE1D-1002083633D2.jpeg

179D0296-962B-4D95-8BCB-066FBA734EE0.jpeg

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Wow, it usually floods but not that much 

There is a pic floating around,,I'll try find it. It shows a painted line on a rock face with 1950 written. The water is a few inches below that. This is the worst flooding since then.

• Platinum Contributing Member

47 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Whose fault was it in 1950?

Now I don't know if this played a part in 1950 but back then the logging companies manipulated a lot of the lakes/rivers water levels to float logs from north of Atikokan all the way to the mill in Fort Frances.My wife's Grandfather ran a magor part of those logging days and her Uncle Ed worked at one of the POW camps on White Otter Lake when he was 14. Ed told me it took almost exactly a year to get a log from White Otter Lake to Fort Frances. 

Here is some pics of White Otter Castle built between 1903 and 1915 by Jimmy McOuat. It is still only accessible by sled boat or plane. Before and after the 1980’s refurbishment 

3A616D88-35C8-4A9D-8889-CE91C69182EF.jpeg

C9BAA45F-AC87-4B4E-996D-C4F41DCB544D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Now I don't know if this played a part in 1950 but back then the logging companies manipulated a lot of the lakes/rivers water levels to float logs from north of Atikokan all the way to the mill in Fort Frances.My wife's Grandfather ran a magor part of those logging days and her Uncle Ed worked at one of the POW camps on White Otter Lake when he was 14. Ed told me it took almost exactly a year to get a log from White Otter Lake to Fort Frances. 

That's not climate change though. 

36 minutes ago, ACE said:

Was reading that this weather pattern is locked in until the pacific warms up

Well that sucks donkey balls

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

Was reading that this weather pattern is locked in until the pacific warms up

Man made climate change is suppose to warm up oceans.

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Whose fault was it in 1950?

Maybe you're missing my point, but then again, maybe I'm missing yours? 

My point was, whether it is droughts or floods, they, the global warming alarmists, still claim global warming/climate change. Basically anything out of the "norm" is blamed on MMGW nowadays and the sheep lap it right up that are too blind to see the hypocrisy. 

There is so much in history that is no longer being taught nor told, and because sheep believe their crooked and corrupt Liberal gov't and their funded media, what they see on T.V. is gospel to them. 

The Dust Bowl, also known as “the Dirty Thirties,” started in 1930 and lasted for about a decade, but its long-term economic impacts on the region lingered much longer. Severe drought hit the Midwest and Southern Great Plains in 1930. Massive dust storms began in 1931.Aug 5, 2020

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/dust-bowl#:~:text=The Dust Bowl%2C also known,dust storms began in 1931. 

Worst forest fires in Canadian History

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fires_in_Canada

Worst floods in Canadian History

• 2.1 1879 Fort Calgary flood.
  • 2.2 1894 Fraser River flood.
  • 2.3 1897 Fort Calgary flood.
  • 2.4 1902 Saint John River flood.
  • 2.5 1915 Calgary flood.
  • 2.6 1929 Calgary and southern Alberta flood.
  • 2.7 1929 Tsunami Burin Peninsula, Newfoundland flood.
  • 2.8 1948 Fraser River flood.
Edited by irv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Maybe you're missing my point, but then again, maybe I'm missing yours? 

My point was, whether it is droughts or floods, they, the global warming alarmists, still claim global warming/climate change. Basically anything out of the "norm" is blamed on MMGW nowadays and the sheep lap it right up that are too blind to see the hypocrisy. 

There is so much in history that is no longer being taught nor told, and because sheep believe their crooked and corrupt Liberal gov't and their funded media, what they see on T.V. is gospel to them. 

The Dust Bowl, also known as “the Dirty Thirties,” started in 1930 and lasted for about a decade, but its long-term economic impacts on the region lingered much longer. Severe drought hit the Midwest and Southern Great Plains in 1930. Massive dust storms began in 1931.Aug 5, 2020

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/dust-bowl#:~:text=The Dust Bowl%2C also known,dust storms began in 1931. 

• 2.1 1879 Fort Calgary flood.
  • 2.2 1894 Fraser River flood.
  • 2.3 1897 Fort Calgary flood.
  • 2.4 1902 Saint John River flood.
  • 2.5 1915 Calgary flood.
  • 2.6 1929 Calgary and southern Alberta flood.
  • 2.7 1929 Tsunami Burin Peninsula, Newfoundland flood.
  • 2.8 1948 Fraser River flood.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_flooding_in_Canada 

Sarcasm.

I don't believe any of the man-made climate change nonsense.  However I do believe the government has found yet another way to squeeze money out of people forcing them to go along with the fairy tale.

• Like 3