Check your account email address ×

Rising Mortgage Rates v. Home Sales

• Platinum Contributing Member

Home sales will vary market to market.  Interest rates will cut into prices some but likely not much due to inventory.   A lot depends on the economy in general. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We lost our Agnes to a platelet disease and we were all pretty heartbroken but especially my wife so we found this little cutie on CL…she’s a Maltese/Schitzu and a little firecracker! 🐶🤣

6AFB999D-9515-48F9-BBB6-737307C0C7AD.thumb.jpeg.107c8f1eb1a8eb86503e0c10977a7120.jpeg

DECBB35B-3ADB-4376-B715-BFF9193EA421.thumb.jpeg.6541f52f3d9ae674f167eacd692b7481.jpeg

The wife has a multi-poo. He's a spoiled little shit that I tolerate. Smart as a whip, but I don't put up with growling at me when I go to move him on the bed. He learned how to fly real quick. Lol!

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Home sales will vary market to market.  Interest rates will cut into prices some but likely not much due to inventory.   A lot depends on the economy in general. 

Yep. In most areas there’s a massive inventory shortage of homes that’s not going away. It’s all about what the market will bear. 

I wouldn't be on vacation right now if I had a dog.

Neighbor comes over in AM.. let cats out and put out food.... come home after work, put cats on with food.

Done. Who needs a 4 legged baby at 58???

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Similar to my sil, she just sold her cottage for 1.3M, bought about 5 years ago for 400K.  Went 400K over asking (900K).  Crazy market.

She called me absolutely ecstatic after accepting the bid. It gives both of them the ability to start in an entirely new direction. 40 years old with $700k pocketed from a home sale. Who would’ve ever guessed. Damn. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Snake said:

I wouldn't be on vacation right now if I had a dog.

Neighbor comes over in AM.. let cats out and put out food.... come home after work, put cats on with food.

Done. Who needs a 4 legged baby at 58???

Fascinating.

20 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We’re around 2.75 I think right now.  4s are manageable.  I was afraid that we would be 5-6-? before too long.

Already in the 5's for a 30 year now.

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

You would be out if your mind to build right now . It is fucking stupid out there. 

Not complaining I already made this yr what I did all last yr . I feel sort of bad but fuck it if they want to pay.  I have told all my regulars I will only do emergency work on there homes right now because I won't fuck them . Only new stupid ass hats 

Fuckers ate paying 30k + for shitty bath remodels with glue up showers and lvp floors lol . 

You must be the one putting a $80k deck on our friends place in Minnetonka.  LOL

Ever use this product?  Our shower pan cracked so pretty much have to rip out the shower and replace everything.  Contractor recommended this if we didn't want to go tile or a fiberglass insert.  I don't like the idea of tile and grout on well water, too difficult to clean.

https://palisade-tiles.com/tub-shower-kits/

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

She called me absolutely ecstatic after accepting the bid. It gives both of them the ability to start in an entirely new direction. 40 years old with $700k pocketed from a home sale. Who would’ve ever guessed. Damn. 

A place around the corner just sold pretty quick. They bought it 4-5 years ago for $179K and just listed it a week ago for $499K. Somebody bought it for $665K. We've had 3 lookyloos go thru our place but no bites yet.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:52 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Already in the 5's for a 30 year now.

You must be the one putting a $80k deck on our friends place in Minnetonka.  LOL

Ever use this product?  Our shower pan cracked so pretty much have to rip out the shower and replace everything.  Contractor recommended this if we didn't want to go tile or a fiberglass insert.  I don't like the idea of tile and grout on well water, too difficult to clean.

https://palisade-tiles.com/tub-shower-kits/

I have not put in that exact product . But looks close to the rest of the field of the polly walls . Only issue I really have with them is the joints are all just calk/ urethane etc . And it is only a matter of time till you get mold behind it . Then you have to attempt to get the old calk out on a plastic surface . How do you see that working out ? 

Just a fyi you can get 1/4 and 3/8  porcelain tile in sheets up to 6ft x12ft 

So if you want a very few joint shower with a ez clean life long surface it is available.  Only scary thing on my end is you litteraly use a tile clinker a massive one but a score and clink none the less  to cut to size at the dealer. 

If $$is not a issue we have also used 3/4 stone cut to wall size . Also we have used 1 1/4 stone with a lot of quarts in it and back light it . Pretty pimp but $$$ 

If going on a realistic budget you can get solid surface pans and matching solid surface walls specal ordered at menerds  . More or less that 70s vanity  top type stuff but updated  .

Swanstone etc 

I am booked till Feb so i cant do it but if doing a bath and want to talk PM me . I do 80% bath remodels and have been doing them for over 25 yrs so I know a few things and can prob steer you in the right direction 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, spin_dry said:

Yep. In most areas there’s a massive inventory shortage of homes that’s not going away. It’s all about what the market will bear. 

Tide is deff turning metro MN