Check your account email address ×

Prime Minister Trudeau

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Admit your wrong as always Liberal butt hurt. I present fact and the best you can come up with is Liberal spin and your own speculation. I guarantee I know more people who are retired than you and how they plan on spending their retirement years. Crawl back under that rock you live under and maybe Truedope will give you a nice big hug. If you're really lucky he may even let you touch foreskin to foreskin.

fixed.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Admit your wrong as always Liberal butt hurt. I present fact and the best you can come up with is Liberal spin and your own speculation. I guarantee I know more people who are retired than you and how they plan on spending their retirement years. Crawl back under that rock you live under and maybe Truedope will give you a nice big hug. If you're really lucky he may even let you touch forehead to forehead.

Whaddya know.  Another article from Jan 5 of this year backing up exactly what I'm saying.  You won't read it though because you've convinced yourself you're "right" about something you obviously don't have a clue about.  You have a real problem with that.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/retirement/the-boomer-shift-how-canadas-economy-is-headed-for-majorchange/article27159892/

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

A drag on the economy! :lol:Yeah right. Wake up dummy. This is the most affluent group of retirees history has ever seen. They have worked hard, invested wisely and saved. They came through a time when investments were growing rapidly. Early1970s a 30 year fixed mortgage rate started at 7.25% late 1970s was over 10 % and 1981 about 17.5%. The rate didn't go under 10%  again until 1986. Their investments were seeing similar returns.

Now those retirees are spending that money and having a hell of a good time doing it. Many are choosing to unlock the equity in their homes at some point during their retirement and spending that money as well. Imagine having an extra $750K  available to spend on top of your pension and investments. I'm at the tail end of the baby boomer era and I know that I will have more disposable income in my retirement years than I did when I was working.

A recent survey found that well over half of those retired or about to retire said it was their money and they deserved to enjoy it. They were going to spend it and have a good time doing it. Their kids can have whatever is left over if there is any.

They will inject large amounts of money into the economy rather than be a drain on it.

their pensions (specifically public workers pensions but private are underfunded as well) are clearly gong to be a drag on the economy as huge tax increases will be needed to pay for them,  

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

their pensions (specifically public workers pensions but private are underfunded as well) are clearly gong to be a drag on the economy as huge tax increases will be needed to pay for them,  

Pension money is suppose to be in the bank....

Just an example of where people have the wrong perception of retirees..

Larry South would have been forgiven if he had chosen to retire on a sunny beach in Florida. Instead, the former MPP from Kingston, Ont., recently embarked on a political battle to overhaul the municipal property tax system. South had been growing increasingly concerned that elderly homeowners on fixed incomes were struggling to cope with rising property taxes because of the soaring value of their homes, while at the same time he fretted that young workers, with their stagnant wages, were being shut out of the housing market. And so South proposed replacing property taxes with a tax equal to 4.5 per cent of a homeowner’s yearly household income. Doing so would make it easier for young workers to afford the cost of owning a home, while struggling seniors, he believed, would be the biggest beneficiaries.

But in his quest to change the tax system, he has come across an unlikely foe—his elderly friends. Like South, a former engineer who estimates he earns a retirement income that’s 30 to 40 per cent above the $86,000 household average in Kingston, many of his friends also pull in six-figure retirement incomes.

“There’s not many that would have an income much less than $100,000, so their taxes will go up,” he says.

South’s struggle to reform the property tax system, and the resistance he’s found among his affluent elderly friends, underscores what has been a remarkable shift in the nature of wealth in Canada. Seniors have long been considered society’s most vulnerable citizens, fragile pensioners on fixed incomes in need of a financial helping hand from both government and agile younger workers. That was true decades ago, but not anymore. Thanks to stock market booms, economic growth, a soaring real estate market and a major expansion in both private and government pension plans, today’s seniors are arguably the wealthiest generation in history. The changing fortunes of the elderly have been both swift and profound. In the 1970s, nearly 40 per cent of Canadian seniors lived in poverty. Today it’s five per cent, half the poverty rate of the working-age population and one-third the rate of poverty among children.

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/seniors-and-the-generation-spending-gap/

Bottom line... they aren't that drain on the economy you and the Libturds seem to anticipate. They are operating on the paradigm that once was still is.

51 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Poor 02, clinging to his preconceived notions like the dumbfuck he is.

:lol:

No he is just referring to his Conservative buddies who are self sufficient.  It does not matter how much Libtards make, they still don't know how to save and will forever be looking for a handout.

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

IMG_6514.PNG

Your source dumb ass says it in the website. Motley Fool. In case you didn't notice those numbers are allegedly representative of the US not Canada. If you had of read the attached article you would see it refers to Social Security. On average, Social Security replaces roughly 40% of a worker's pre-retirement income. Not the case in Canada. The maximum CPP if you started at 65 this year is $1117. per month. Then you take income tax off of that.  I can make up a chart just like that and post it up too. Just because Motley Fool says this is what it is for the US means nothing here. After all it was you who was quick to jump all over a Canadian retiree spending money in the US. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Capture.JPG.d88234484be297c6d295c74f4e167fcb.JPG

It is totally unrealistic that 37% of baby boomers have less than $50K saved for their retirement. Also don't forget that a huge number of these baby boomers are sitting on healthy pension plans and very pricey real estate. How come your chart doesn't show the 600, 700, 800, 900 and over $1M. There are lots of those.

How about trying a Canadian report by CIBC Wood Gundy. Probably a bit more credible than Motley Fool.

However, the baby boomers seem to show different consumer behaviour. Toronto retail consultant, Anthony Stokan, a partner at Anthony Russell and Associates who also helped with the survey, said that the baby boomer generation is driving a lot of the new consumption trends. While 57 percent of Canadians between the ages of 18 and 34 are choosing to downsize and shop for things they “need” rather than “want,” 87 percent of Canadians in the baby boomer generation are making luxury purchases.

Typically, a retired person received more income from pensions and investments than from employment earnings.

Edited by 02sled

3 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Their health care is all free too right?  And how much do they pay in taxes?

They will be a net drain, no doubt about it.  Their fuel taxes and day trips to the CN Tower aren't going to make up for the hundreds of millions in additional health care costs.

So people that paid taxes for forty years are a drain on health care nd immigrants that just showed up and are in their late forties or older would not be...got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boered said:

So people that paid taxes for forty years are a drain on health care nd immigrants that just showed up and are in their late forties or older would not be...got it.

Its amazing how liberals think.

Truly amazing.

20 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Its amazing how liberals think.

Truly amazing.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Fixed for accuracy...

They just think that if the money presses can just run on weekends for a few months...all is good!  "Intellectual Elite Economists".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

:pc:

OTTAWA—Federal numbers released quietly by the government late last month are painting a bleak picture of Canada’s financial future — one filled with decades of deficits.

The report, published on the Finance Department website two days before Christmas, predicts that barring any policy changes the federal government could be on track to run annual shortfalls until at least 2050-51.

The document says that if such a scenario plays out, the federal debt could climb past $1.5 trillion by that same year — more than double its current level.

To help explain the prediction, the report points to the major economic challenge caused by the gradual retirement of baby boomers. The demographic shift is expected to shrink workforce participation, erode labour productivity and drive up expenditures for things like elderly benefits.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/business/2017/01/05/canada-on-track-for-decades-of-deficits-federal-analysis-warns.html

:goodpost:

What kind of retard high-fives himself at the end of a post?

Icetard, that's who. Imbecile.

7 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

What kind of retard high-fives himself at the end of a post?

Icetard, that's who. Imbecile.

It reminds me of SR's stupid "look at me" antics.  He'd start a thread then be the first poster in there with a :goodpost:

It's like they were are trained by the same clown college.  

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:"Owned". :lol:

Image result for trump shakes hands with trudeau

trump looks like an old has been. sour and bitter. slouched when he walks. a good republican. take a look at trump's daughter creaming her panties.   

Edited by spin_dry

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

It is totally unrealistic that 37% of baby boomers have less than $50K saved for their retirement. Also don't forget that a huge number of these baby boomers are sitting on healthy pension plans and very pricey real estate. How come your chart doesn't show the 600, 700, 800, 900 and over $1M. There are lots of those.

No its not 02.  They are 100% the intellectual elites.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

trump looks like an old has been. sour and bitter. slouched when he walks. a good republican. take a look at trump's daughter creaming her panties.   

Well Trump is 70 years old and keeps a schedule that is 100 times harder than some government half assed head shrinker and judging by all your lovey dovey Trudeau posts methinks you're the one creaming up your tighty whites via your asshole.

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

IMG_6514.PNG

Yeah but 02 had a friend who bought a boat. So that makes these figures wrong.

Boomers are going to be a huge drain on the economy. Health care alone will be a problem. Pension plans that were designed for people living a few years won't be able to keep up with seniors that live 20 after retiring.

3 hours ago, Boered said:

Ever see that stats on immigrants vs people born in the US? 

Evidently immigrants are twice as likely to start a new business, are more educated and less likely to be imprisoned. 

I know that goes against what Trump told you. But sooner or later you will realize that he lied to you. 

11 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well Trump is 70 years old and keeps a schedule that is 100 times harder than some government half assed head shrinker and judging by all your lovey dovey Trudeau posts methinks you're the one creaming up your tighty whites via your asshole.

I'm not a fan of Trudeau but he made Trump look like the duffer he is. 

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah but 02 had a friend who bought a boat. So that makes these figures wrong.

Boomers are going to be a huge drain on the economy. Health care alone will be a problem. Pension plans that were designed for people living a few years won't be able to keep up with seniors that live 20 after retiring.

Those figures were US.  How many people do you personally know who are up shits creek without a paddle?  Most I know are worth over 7 figures and will likely leave that inheritance to their kids.  Silver spoons like yourself are not the only ones.