Check your account email address ×

Get used to high gas prices and double digit inflation

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Gas prices are going to drop next week per Spinner, our resident military and economy expert

They dropped for a minute here but are back up now. Summer gas is always more here for us anyway. Went to a Mexican restaurant with my wife for lunch on Sunday. Bill was $80. Was half that last year

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

They dropped for a minute here but are back up now. Summer gas is always more here for us anyway. Went to a Mexican restaurant with my wife for lunch on Sunday. Bill was $80. Was half that last year

Food prices are never going to come to where they were before covid. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Badger** said:

Food prices are never going to come to where they were before covid. 

Nobody is saying they will but they are going unsustainably higher. Just the fuel prices will cause them to rise, political fuckery is sending them skyward. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nobody is saying they will but they are going unsustainably higher. Just the fuel prices will cause them to rise, political fuckery is sending them skyward. 

No argument from me

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Time for peanut butter and jam sammiches washed down with a nice glass of water. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Time for peanut butter and jam sammiches washed down with a nice glass of water. :D

Biden is putting the microchip in the peanut butter!

• Platinum Contributing Member

How often in history has deflation occurred?   Once the prices go up in this magnitude they will not go back down.   The new catch phrase will be that inflation was fixed to "normal" levels but the prices will remain much higher than before the significant inflation took place.   

Food and Energy are 2 that tend to fluctuate outside normal inflation and why govt doesn't include them in normal inflation numbers but there are worldwide factors which will make this unlikely for at least a few years.  

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

It's all worth it for ukraine!!

Why do we care about Ukraine again btw?

Watch that video, best info I have heard yet. However pretty grim

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How often in history has deflation occurred?   Once the prices go up in this magnitude they will not go back down.   The new catch phrase will be that inflation was fixed to "normal" levels but the prices will remain much higher than before the significant inflation took place.   

Food and Energy are 2 that tend to fluctuate outside normal inflation and why govt doesn't include them in normal inflation numbers but there are worldwide factors which will make this unlikely for at least a few years.  

Its impossible to deflate when you keep increasing the money supply. And they have done that by an insane amount in the last 2-3 years. Just the repo bank "bail out" was worth trillions. Add in covid and everything else going on and then... war and sanctions. Its not a good combination. 

Whether you believe the 8.5% inflation number or not at that rate your money is worth about half in 5 years. Many are predicting food shortages globally and some countries have already started rationing. Add in chinese lock downs and whatever else may come... Prices arent going to drop any time soon

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Its impossible to deflate when you keep increasing the money supply. And they have done that by an insane amount in the last 2-3 years. Just the repo bank "bail out" was worth trillions. Add in covid and everything else going on and then... war and sanctions. Its not a good combination. 

Whether you believe the 8.5% inflation number or not at that rate your money is worth about half in 5 years. Many are predicting food shortages globally and some countries have already started rationing. Add in chinese lock downs and whatever else may come... Prices arent going to drop any time soon

People thought 2020 was a bad year.   Honestly it's likely to get much, much worse. 

51 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really haven't been out to eat since Christmas, last time I went out with the gf, I had a small pizza and 2 beers, she had tenders and 2 captian and cokes, bill was $101 plus $25 tip..so fuck that, I can cook better at home

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

People thought 2020 was a bad year.   Honestly it's likely to get much, much worse. 

I mean if you math thats what it looks like but maybe the resident boomers have some new math for us

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I really haven't been out to eat since Christmas, last time I went out with the gf, I had a small pizza and 2 beers, she had tenders and 2 captian and cokes, bill was $101 plus $25 tip..so fuck that, I can cook better at home

Luckily for me I can buy meat by the 1/4 animal. I just dont like the way the processor cuts it up and I've told her before how I wanted it. Its like she ignores me LOL

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I mean if you math thats what it looks like but maybe the resident boomers have some new math for us

Kind of surprised the fires at all the food processing plants isn't getting a bit more national attention.  

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Luckily for me I can buy meat by the 1/4 animal. I just dont like the way the processor cuts it up and I've told her before how I wanted it. Its like she ignores me LOL

Just got a 1/2 and already had almost a freezer full of deer.   I'm good on protein for a year. :bc:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

It's all worth it for ukraine!!

Why do we care about Ukraine again btw?

In Putins Manifesto it is much more than Ukraine. Stopping him now is kinda important, he is significantly weaker now than he was two months ago

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Watch that video, best info I have heard yet. However pretty grim

Seen him on some other clip before. He's really sharp. 

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Kind of surprised the fires at all the food processing plants isn't getting a bit more national attention.  

Tucker touched on that last night. 2 planes crashed into food plants now .... wtf????

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

In Putins Manifesto it is much more than Ukraine. Stopping him now is kinda important, he is significantly weaker now than he was two months ago

What else is on there? 

Aren't we much weaker as well? :news:

That colonel says Z is a comedian drag queen ... :lol:

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

If Putin goes after Sweden and Finland or a current NATO country the whole world better be ready for a grim nuclear reality. 

Edited by Highmark