Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump’s Self-Funding Includes Payments to Family and Companies

I guess the start of "Making America Great Again" starts with Trump taking care of Trump, has anyone here sent money or plan to send money to the Trump campaign?

Donald Trump’s Self-Funding Includes Payments to Family and Companies

Donald J. Trump regularly boasts that he is self-funding his presidential bid, but new campaign finance filings show that he is also shifting plenty of money back to himself in the process.

According to documents submitted to the Federal Election Commission, Mr. Trump, whose campaign has just $1.3 million cash on hand, paid at least $1.1 million to his businesses and family members in May for expenses associated with events and travel costs.

The presumptive Republican nominee is required by law to account for his spending this way to prevent his companies from making illegal corporate donations to his campaign. In 2015, about $2.7 million was paid to at least seven companies Mr. Trump owns or to people who work for his real estate  and branding empire, repaying them for services provided to his campaign.

In May, the biggest ticket item was Mr. Trump’s use of the Mar-a-Lago Club, his Florida resort, which was paid $423,000. The campaign paid $350,000 to TAG Air for his private airplanes, $125,000 to Trump Restaurants, and more than $170,000 to Trump Tower, the Manhattan skyscraper that houses the campaign’s headquarters.te and branding empire, repaying them for services provided to his campaign.

Mr. Trump’s family also profited from the campaign last month, with his son Eric’s Virginia wine business taking in about $1,300.

And Mr. Trump, who has said he will not take a salary if he is elected president, paid himself $3,085 in May.

Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee and Mr. Trump’s main rival this fall, took to Twitter on Tuesday to jab him over the expenditures. “What is Trump spending his meager campaign resources on?” she asked. “Why, himself, of course.”  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump’s-self-funding-includes-payments-to-family-and-companies/ar-AAhovaS

• Platinum Contributing Member

:goodpost:. I'm sure a few of his forum supporters have or are considering sending him money.  The mouth breathers in the R primaries believed his hateful rhetoric.  Now the rest of the country is learning more about Dump.  As a result - his poll numbers and support are falling like a rock. :lol: 

I've said it before :lmao: and I'll say it again 'Dump has no chance' :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

I hope he burns the Republican Party to the ground on his way to the bottom and hopefully he takes Hillary down with him. Our politics are such a freak show with these two clowns trying to be POTUS

• Like 1

Hillary is Presidential.  Dump not so much.  But in typical Butthurt fashion - you clowns blame both when your candidate is so bad you can't defend him :lol:  

:lol: Neither are Presidential and thanks for projecting and trying to make it stick...you are wrong per usual. It's truly pathetic that we basically have these two people to choose from. A real clown show

She's good :bc: He's not :lol: Let the Butthurt ooze Dumbski.....and quit trying to come off has a centrist.:nuts: You silent towards the right and a right wing parrot towards the progressives. 

Make America Great Again!!!

Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee and Mr. Trump’s main rival this fall, took to Twitter on Tuesday to jab him over the expenditures. “What is Trump spending his meager campaign resources on?” she asked. “Why, himself, of course.”  

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Neither are Presidential and thanks for projecting and trying to make it stick...you are wrong per usual. It's truly pathetic that we basically have these two people to choose from. A real clown show

They had Granny Clinton, Granny Warren or Granny Peloski to choose from.  Laughable.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

They had Granny Clinton, Granny Warren or Granny Peloski to choose from.  Laughable.

All would be better choices than Trump...add Biden and Sanders to that list.

Trump wont make the final

Who the fuck actually donates to a national political campaign? :lol:

This is why we need to have campaigns run out of public coffers with a set amount for every candidate, none of these bullshit billion dollar campaigns that basically make every president beholden to their donors and lobbiests...

Of course big banks and corporations giving money to candidates doesn't matter if it's "your" candidate. :lol:

Sending money to Trump............  :lol: 

Wait, do you guys send the Clintons money?

Sometimes, when the sad commercial comes on with the abused animals and Sarah Malaccan  is singing................... I get teary eyed and want to send money, but it passes.

4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

This is why we need to have campaigns run out of public coffers with a set amount for every candidate, none of these bullshit billion dollar campaigns that basically make every president beholden to their donors and lobbiests...

Of course big banks and corporations giving money to candidates doesn't matter if it's "your" candidate. :lol:

After GWB, I stopped being so generous, although Bush did send me an invite to both Inaugurals  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

After GWB, I stopped being so generous, although Bush did send me an invite to both Inaugurals  :lol:

Just think of how much better that money could have been used sending to a charity or a snowmobile club. :snack::bc:

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

Just think of how much better that money could have been used sending to a charity or a snowmobile club. :snack::bc:

I did and still do all of that :bc:

I don't like politicians, but I do enjoy politics LOL

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

I did to Sanders twice.

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

Yet a 401k is a waste of money. :lol::snack:

:lol:

Ahhh....yes.  The American public sending money to their political choice.....what a noble........................and COMPLETELY WORTHLESS gesture.  :flush:

• Like 1