Check your account email address ×

Bad news...

38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Inflation is a byproduct of tax cuts and increased spending. Policies in place before Biden. Vax mandates only served to piss people off. 

I know that but Biden is going to spend trillions fighting Vlad and the mandates have caused alot of people to quit or not return to work. I give no passes to his predecessors spending.

Also his energy policy is shit 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What policies has Biden put in place that has caused this economic mess? 

Energy and spending....giving everybody in a household cash caused much of the inflation. The dollars that go into the system are much slower...ie velocity of money. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know that but Biden is going to spend trillions fighting Vlad and the mandates have caused alot of people to quit or not return to work. I give no passes to his predecessors spending.

Also his energy policy is shit 

Regardless of what any politician does at this point, it’s going to get a lot worse.    We played, now we pay. 

People are tired of shitty service jobs. They didn’t know how shitty the jobs were until they got a break. A lot of healthcare workers are exhausted and traumatized. They probably won’t be back. Can’t blame them. I won’t go back to that hellhole. Of course a lot of boomers made bank on retirement and home sales. No need to work ever again.  I liquidated everything at the peak. House, vehicles, rental properties. It was obvious to me where everything was heading. This isn’t shocking at all. 

17 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Energy and spending....giving everybody in a household cash caused much of the inflation. The dollars that go into the system are much slower...ie velocity of money. 

I got a check signed by trump. Does that count? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:
  • 100 percent carbon pollution-free electricity (CFE) by 2030, at least half of which will be locally supplied clean energy to meet 24/7 demand;
  • 100 percent zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) acquisitions by 2035, including 100 percent zero-emission light-duty vehicle acquisitions by 2027;
  • Net-zero emissions from federal procurement no later than 2050, including a Buy Clean policy to promote use of construction materials with lower embodied emissions;
  • A net-zero emissions building portfolio by 2045, including a 50 percent emissions reduction by 2032; and
  • Net-zero emissions from overall federal operations by 2050, including a 65 percent emissions reduction by 2030.

In addition to the five new commitments that form the pillars of today’s executive action, the President also directed the federal government to orient its procurement and operations efforts in line with the following principles and goals:

• Achieving climate resilient infrastructure and operations;
  • Building a climate- and sustainability-focused workforce;
  • Advancing environmental justice and equity;
  • Prioritizing the purchase of sustainable products, such as products without added perfluoroalkyl or polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS); and
  • Accelerating progress through domestic and international partnerships.
  1. Transition federal infrastructure to zero-emission vehicles and buildings powered by carbon pollution-free electricity, which will reduce the federal government’s greenhouse gas emissions by 65 percent by 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
  • Make federal agencies more adaptive and resilient to the impacts of climate change, and increase the sustainability of federal supply chains, achieving net-zero emissions from federal procurement by 2050.  
  • Mainstream sustainability within the federal workforce, advance equity and environmental justice, and leverage partnerships to accelerate progress.

Does this include carbon free bombs and jets?

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Because you said it was a good idea. 

I always knew you were a follower.  Keep up doing what I tell you.  It will be better than you think. 

Edited by racer254

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What policies has Biden put in place that has caused this economic mess? 

Oh look no further.  Like I have told you many times.  It's all here if you know how to use the search.

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh look no further.  Like I have told you many times.  It's all here if you know how to use the search.

He asked you so you post a link to a thread started by Don which is an opinion piece...brilliant. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I got a check signed by trump. Does that count? 

How many did you get after Jan 20th?  

2 of my employees kids were making bank at that time...no jobs, and hauling $500.00 per week plus the $1400.00 kickers. 

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

How many did you get after Jan 20th?  

2 of my employees kids were making bank at that time...no jobs, and hauling $500.00 per week plus the $1400.00 kickers. 

I got $200 something for the 2 trump stimulus and nothing for the third. 

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Regardless of what any politician does at this point, it’s going to get a lot worse.    We played, now we pay. 

People are tired of shitty service jobs. They didn’t know how shitty the jobs were until they got a break. A lot of healthcare workers are exhausted and traumatized. They probably won’t be back. Can’t blame them. I won’t go back to that hellhole. Of course a lot of boomers made bank on retirement and home sales. No need to work ever again.  I liquidated everything at the peak. House, vehicles, rental properties. It was obvious to me where everything was heading. This isn’t shocking at all. 

many over estimate how long their money will last,  so while those with a pension and assets will be fine when we have a market correction lots who retired a decade early will be regretting it. IMO.  Technically i could go out now but i know the next decades returns won't be like the last.  i just hope to be ahead of today in a decade and we don't have a lost decade due to inflation etc 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

many over estimate how long their money will last,  so while those with a pension and assets will be fine when we have a market correction lots who retired a decade early will be regretting it. IMO.  Technically i could go out now but i know the next decades returns won't be like the last.  i just hope to be ahead of today in a decade and we don't have a lost decade due to inflation etc 

Many have the money, but will they use discretion on spending going forward? I have to wonder how much of the economy was propped up through excessive spending by those that retired. Many items that are purchased by retirees were short supply. Returns on the last few years was such a fantasy. I don't think it'll be seen again. 

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

while Biden is not mostly to blame for where we sit today he has not helped.  While presidents don't directly control prices their administration policies certainly can influence them and Bidens done nothing good for america outside his infrastructure program which while bloated with shit like every bill was needed.  

The Biden administration has showed zero leadership on any of the major issues the country is facing.  All they can do is deflect blame.  How many times did we hear "Putin's gas hike" last week.  GasBuddy was saying long ago that gas was going to be $4 this summer, long before Russia went into Ukraine.

People can say what they want about Trump's tweets but things would be a lot different today if he was still in the White House.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The Biden administration has showed zero leadership on any of the major issues the country is facing.  All they can do is deflect blame.  How many times did we hear "Putin's gas hike" last week.  GasBuddy was saying long ago that gas was going to be $4 this summer, long before Russia went into Ukraine.

People can say what they want about Trump's tweets but things would be a lot different today if he was still in the White House.

Everyone said that Gas would be 4 dollars a gallon if Biden got elected....and look what happened.  And yet we have 15 different narratives trying to convince the American middle and lower class that Dem policies are not the issue.   When you have deflection as hard as this, you know it is all just to deflect from the main issue.

• Like 1