Check your account email address ×

2022 F1 Thread

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What do you think Daddy Warbucks Stroll is thinking that the replacement is far outpacing his kid in the first 2 races?

billionaire's kids problems... who gives a shit.

give me a kid like Alex Albon any day of the week over these spoiled brats

• Like 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I went outside for five minutes... wtf happened???

Cars blowing up left and right.  VSC.

I don't get why this wouldn't be a full safety car when marshalls are out on the track with cars flying by them.  Remember the Nascar that went into the jet dryer?

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Cars blowing up left and right.  VSC.

I don't get why this wouldn't be a full safety car when marshalls are out on the track with cars flying by them.  Remember the Nascar that went into the jet dryer?

idk

one problem with F1 cautions is that the safety car can't go fast enough... 

bunch em up... then go green like Nascar :lol:

lmao, then Stroll and Albon get into it... 

nice job by RB and Ferrari... and Haas/Mag held 9th 

Ferrari has a nice advantage in the points race that's going to be tough to overcome

edit

78 Ferrari

38 Merc

37 RB

Lewis has to be wondering if coming back was worth $40M for this new car  :lmao:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:Cars blowing up left and right.  VSC.

I was watching the race when it happened...pretty wild.😂

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was watching the race when it happened...pretty wild.😂

I think I was too.  Crazy. Just goes to show anything can happen with cars on the track.  If safety is first then they should be behind the safety car if people are on the track.

With the double yellow at the end apparently everyone was speeding through.  Can't penalize if everyone does it.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I think I was too.  Crazy. Just goes to show anything can happen with cars on the track.  If safety is first then they should be behind the safety car if people are on the track.

With the double yellow at the end apparently everyone was speeding through.  Can't penalize if everyone does it.

What I found strangle, at least compared to what I'm used to with dirt track and sled racing, is when Mick crashed, the cars kept moving during the red flag.  

Every place I've ever raced, red flag means you stop now and don't move until told to do so.  Not keep circling, especially through the scene of the crash.  

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What I found strangle, at least compared to what I'm used to with dirt track and sled racing, is when Mick crashed, the cars kept moving during the red flag.  

Every place I've ever raced, red flag means you stop now and don't move until told to do so.  Not keep circling, especially through the scene of the crash.  

Under red flag they have to go to their pit stall, unless the pit entrance is closed they will stop out on the starting grid.  The teams will tell them to stop if it isn't safe to proceed through or there is too much debris.  Things definitely get tight on the road courses compared to the regular tracks.

I don't think it is easy to get 20 F1 cars stopped and then going again.  Plus they need to start cooling them down as soon as they stop.  They are allowed to work on them under red flag conditions, including changing tires, so it really shakes things up.

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Under red flag they have to go to their pit stall, unless the pit entrance is closed they will stop out on the starting grid.  The teams will tell them to stop if it isn't safe to proceed through or there is too much debris.  Things definitely get tight on the road courses compared to the regular tracks.

I don't think it is easy to get 20 F1 cars stopped and then going again.  Plus they need to start cooling them down as soon as they stop.  They are allowed to work on them under red flag conditions, including changing tires, so it really shakes things up.

30 years of red flag = stop (safely) now is ingrained into me, that is a hard thing to break.  Everything from karts to cars to sno-x to xc.  Red flag = stop.  

This is where mainly NASCAR and sometimes F1 and other series lose my train of thought.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ronnie🇸🇪 (Lotus 72) in the snow of the BRDC Trophy @ Silverstone '73.
©Jerry Booen

8D3580E8-61C5-4330-B994-55088CF05225.jpeg.1ceba738ca610acc89d5c14d00da1719.jpeg

Ha! That's fucking awesome

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Very cool.🇺🇸👊🏻

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

This is just what F1 teams need a week of cocaine and hookers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On this day, April 7, in 1968, we lost Jim Clark, definitely one of the best drivers of all time, to an accident during a Formula 2 race in Hockenheim, Germany.  He was 32. 

That race has been referred to as a "minor race meeting”, but the entry list was impressive with top-running Matras for Jean-Pierre Beltoise and Henri Pescarolo, Tecnos for Carlo Facetti and Clay Regazzoni, Team Brabhams for Derek Bell and Piers Courage, a Ferrari for Chris Amon, McLarens for Graeme Lawrence and Robin Widdows., and Lotuses for Graham Hill and Jim Clark, a young Max Mosley was also in the race.

The event was run in two heats. On the fifth lap of the first heat, Clark's Lotus 48 veered off the track and crashed into the trees. He suffered a broken neck and skull fracture, passing away before reaching the hospital.

The cause of the crash was never definitively identified, but investigators concluded it was most likely due to a deflating rear tyre. Clark's death affected the racing community terribly, specially his fellow Formula One drivers and close friends Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, John Surtees, Chris Amon and Jack Brabham. People came from all over the world to Clark's funeral. Colin Chapman was devastated and publicly stated that he had lost his best friend. 

The 1968 F1 Drivers' Championship was subsequently won by his Lotus teammate Graham Hill, who pulled the heartbroken team together and held off Jackie Stewart for the crown, which he later dedicated to Clark.

Learn more about this extraordinary driver at salracing.com

F2EF710B-8BA0-47C2-972E-AC0F36BBD3E9.thumb.jpeg.1e2a6a5c49b6217a46ec79d0e3f564d7.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

On this day, April 7, in 1968, we lost Jim Clark, definitely one of the best drivers of all time, to an accident during a Formula 2 race in Hockenheim, Germany.  He was 32. 

That race has been referred to as a "minor race meeting”, but the entry list was impressive with top-running Matras for Jean-Pierre Beltoise and Henri Pescarolo, Tecnos for Carlo Facetti and Clay Regazzoni, Team Brabhams for Derek Bell and Piers Courage, a Ferrari for Chris Amon, McLarens for Graeme Lawrence and Robin Widdows., and Lotuses for Graham Hill and Jim Clark, a young Max Mosley was also in the race.

The event was run in two heats. On the fifth lap of the first heat, Clark's Lotus 48 veered off the track and crashed into the trees. He suffered a broken neck and skull fracture, passing away before reaching the hospital.

The cause of the crash was never definitively identified, but investigators concluded it was most likely due to a deflating rear tyre. Clark's death affected the racing community terribly, specially his fellow Formula One drivers and close friends Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, John Surtees, Chris Amon and Jack Brabham. People came from all over the world to Clark's funeral. Colin Chapman was devastated and publicly stated that he had lost his best friend. 

The 1968 F1 Drivers' Championship was subsequently won by his Lotus teammate Graham Hill, who pulled the heartbroken team together and held off Jackie Stewart for the crown, which he later dedicated to Clark.

Learn more about this extraordinary driver at salracing.com

F2EF710B-8BA0-47C2-972E-AC0F36BBD3E9.thumb.jpeg.1e2a6a5c49b6217a46ec79d0e3f564d7.jpeg

What was amazing about Clark is he was racing at the top level in at least two racing series at the same time. He was doing F1 and touring cars (Europe NASCAR) at the same time sometimes doing two or three different races on a single weekend. 

• Like 2