Check your account email address ×

Oil tumbles below $100 a barrel

Oil tumbles below $100 a barrel

Source: CNN

US oil prices tumbled below $100 a barrel on Monday, unwinding a significant chunk of the recent spike caused by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. 

Oil plunged more than 8%, touching a low of $99.76 a barrel. That means oil has lost almost roughly quarter of its value since touching a near 14-year high of $130.50 a barrel on March 6. 

It's the first time oil has traded below $100 since March 1. 

Brent crude, the world benchmark, dropped more than 7% to $104.35 a barrel in recent trading. That marks a sharp pullback from the recent peak of nearly $140 a barrel.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/oil-briefly-tumbles-below-dollar100-a-barrel-thats-good-news-for-gas-prices/ar-AAV2Jxd 

• Gold Member
52 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well they will still sell it for what they paid + mark up 

The gas you bought over the past week comes from oil bought months ago when it was cheap

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

The gas you bought over the past week comes from oil bought months ago when it was cheap

Correct , and they will charge you what it cost to replace it. 

I Currently have 40 cases of sprinkler heads. If my supply house emails me with a price increase I will increase to cost that I sell these for the day I get the email, not after they are all sold.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
36 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct , and they will charge you what it cost to replace it. 

I Currently have 40 cases of sprinkler heads. If my supply house emails me with a price increase I will increase to cost that I sell these for the day I get the email, not after they are all sold.

Yep.  That is why they have record profits.  Buy cheap and able sell super inflated.

if you don’t buy sprinkler heads after the price increase and have a large enough supply to get you by and after a month or 2 you supplier sends an email that prices dropped back down you have record profits  on those heads.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Well they will still sell it for what they paid + mark up 

Funny how they don’t have a problem cranking these prices up quick as shit but they take their merry ass time bringing them back down and people make excuses for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toslow said:

Can we thank trump for the gas prices going down 

LOL.  They know what the threshold is.  Somewhere between 3.50 and 4 bucks is what people will pay.  They found that out about 10 years ago.  And everyone will stop yelling about it.  They will somehow convince us again that the price is low at the price they charge.

Edited by racer254