Check your account email address ×

***Official*** EV question, answer and education thread

• Gold Member

3 months and 5 day of ownership review.  9000 miles.  Cost savings is unbelievable!

what would you like to know?  Getting more efficient as I have only been in extreme mountain west climate.  As it warms up it is getting better and better efficiency.

565E7B11-922B-4A32-BB15-FCA43CBA1E96.thumb.jpeg.2d8f0e21ffced574b89c90c5a25ddeb8.jpeg

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nice! ….and your not spewing crap into the air.

For me it wasn’t/isnt about that but it’s a benefit.  For me it’s cost savings but mostly it’s not to be bound to buying from large corporations that bend you over. 

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

3 months and 5 day of ownership review.  9000 miles.  Cost savings is unbelievable!

what would you like to know?  Getting more efficient as I have only been in extreme mountain west climate.  As it warms up it is getting better and better efficiency.

565E7B11-922B-4A32-BB15-FCA43CBA1E96.thumb.jpeg.2d8f0e21ffced574b89c90c5a25ddeb8.jpeg

No oil changes either. Brakes last almost indefinitely. What's not to love? 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No oil changes either. Brakes last almost indefinitely. What's not to love? 

Ya.  I would likely have had 100 dollar oil change already…. Daughter just had here Jetta serviced…. Jiffy lube didn’t have the correct oil and wouldn’t do it.  VW oil and filter change was $160 on her Jetta.

• Gold Member
52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trip A on my pic above shows my useage over the life of the car.  I do a lot of high speed highway driving which will hurt efficiency. Between 3 and 4 miles per kWh.  Low speed, 60mph and below I get about 5 miles per kWh.  You do have charging loses.  5%-7% in my case at home.  So on my pic above I maybe charged a total of 2900 kwh for 9000 miles.  My electric rates all in are 9 cents a kwh.  2900 x .09= $261 to go $9000 miles if alll my charging was at home.  2 jugs of windshield washer fluid at $1.19 each.

There is a catch…. My electricity is free at home. So if I charged at just my home my total cost for fuel and maintenance would be a grand total of $2.38 cents in washer fluid to go 9000 miles

I supercharged for 1/2 my miles which is about 30 cents a kwh. Super charging is more efficient on loses then home charging so I have used about 1350 kwhs of super charging.

so my actually cost to go 9000 miles in fuel and maintenance is $405 in super charging and $2.38 cents in washer fluid 

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

Battery Health

Pro tip of the day.  

If you don’t have a huge trip planned don’t charge above 70 or 80 percent.  I usually just charge to 70 percent when at home and usual plug back in at home when I get down to 20%.  I will then will charge to 90% for long rips when needed.

41399F33-2968-41BB-B45A-27BC9E397046.thumb.png.d2ddd064a6b5b0096ca6cb151f865bd2.png

Bonus tip!!!!

Going on long trips use the “scheduling charge” feature within the app or car informant.  The less time you let the battery sit idle at or near full charge the less degradation you will have.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

Ya your 9k mileage cost is $600 less than mine at todays fuel prices(4.09) with 2 oil changes and a jug of washer fluid and you have a hell of a lot more invested to get there than me so I’ll say that’s a pass until it’s actually affordable.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya your 9k mileage cost is $600 less than mine at todays fuel prices(4.09) with 2 oil changes and a jug of washer fluid and you have a hell of a lot more invested to get there than me so I’ll say that’s a pass until it’s actually affordable.

So $6000 less over 100,000 miles then.  What vehicle would this be that you use?

• Gold Member

Versa 1.6 manual my daily beater. 10,800 paid brand new in 12 when I bought it. Average 39mpg. Dirt cheap car to run. I’m not against ev and solar I’m just saying it’s not affordable for the average guy. Solar alone probably cost me 40-50k to have someone do the same diy kit you did.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Electric vehicles right now are for people that still wear masks 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ACE said:

And your 2005 Escalade is better?

Lol.  Not that old ass body style.  Those things were ugly as fuck and worse than the Tesla. The boosted Escalade is just my tow vehicle and is a POS as well but no surprise as it is a GM.  My running errands car is an 18 Audi S6 which is yes, worlds nicer.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Versa 1.6 manual my daily beater. 10,800 paid brand new in 12 when I bought it. Average 39mpg. Dirt cheap car to run. I’m not against ev and solar I’m just saying it’s not affordable for the average guy. Solar alone probably cost me 40-50k to have someone do the same diy kit you did.

Good lord.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Good lord.

Gets me a to b cheap works for me.

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Explains the condom over his head. Hiding in shame

😂 ya no shame why on earth would I give two shits what anyone else thinks. My dick ain’t that small I gotta drive some fancy Escalade to work to avoid “shame”

It was all about the condom.  The Escalade is one of the ugliest vehicles ever built, is naturally a GM piece of shit, but the aftermarket support for the chassis is huge and allowed me to turn it into something fun to drive.  That being said I couldn't drive anything slow.  Having something fun to drive makes me want to go places, run errands and a is a huge stress relief.  EVs are great for that.  Not their marketed purpose but the sole reason I want one.  Thought hard about the Taycan, but I never buy the first gen of anything....makes me happy Poo put the 900r in the Mt sleds this year so I can get one in an xcr next.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Do you automatically turn into a douche bag upon buying?

Is it classes? Online learning?

Give me a moment…. Hard to move past the Arabian Oil Sheik cock breathe emanating from you post.  Smells disgusting.  Can you post that again after rinsing with some Scope mouth wash?   

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Lol.  Not that old ass body style.  Those things were ugly as fuck and worse than the Tesla. The boosted Escalade is just my tow vehicle and is a POS as well but no surprise as it is a GM.  My running errands car is an 18 Audi S6 which is yes, worlds nicer.

Aren’t audi’s made for gay people? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Aren’t audi’s made for gay people? 

Nope, that's a Subaru or a Ford ranger for the lesbos..

Audi is pretty bad ass

xl_9165-audi-r18-tdi-ultra-6303.jpg

1110885_A1511506_large.jpg