Check your account email address ×

This is spiraling out of control quickly

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

We have the capacity right now to do exactly that with NO new drilling. But its not "we". No oil companies are going to distribute more oil because it will drive the price down. Its capitalism 101. If gas prices get excessively high the govt should indict oil producers for price gouging. 

Agree to a point on pricing of oil on Federal/State land.  Should be some mechanism in place with these leases.  Slippery slope though. 

Ironic the US saves Kuwait from Iraq, then gives SA a pass on 911, attacks Iraq instead and they all stick together and refuse to increase oil production. Maybe we should go back to helping SA starve 10's of thousands of people in Yemin to death again.

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I disagree that we haven't benefited.   Historically our fuel and energy prices have been affordable and its not just because of our reserves.   I do agree that now we know how much we have and how to pull it out of the ground and its time to fully utilize it.   The question is how much do we share it with other parts of the world namely Europe.   Personally I say we keep as much of it to ourselves as we can and let them deal with Russia or other energy producing nations.  We don't owe Europe shit.  

Well they’re already making promises about selling LNG to Germany if Vlad cuts them off not to mention Senator Coon said something about helping them with renewables as if that means shit in the short term.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Ironic the US saves Kuwait from Iraq, then gives SA a pass on 911, attacks Iraq instead and they all stick together and refuse to increase oil production. Maybe we should go back to helping SA starve 10's of thousands of people in Yemin to death again.

When you look at it from s geopolitical standpoint it doesnt make any sense. When you look at it from a corporate standpoint it make perfect sense. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

When you look at it from s geopolitical standpoint it doesnt make any sense. When you look at it from a corporate standpoint it make perfect sense. 

Yes you are right.  

I find it hard to believe there isn't more worldwide pressure on OPEC to increase production.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Yes you are right.  

I find it hard to believe there isn't more worldwide pressure on OPEC to increase production.

We could buy oil from Russia? LOL

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

We could buy oil from Russia? LOL

I think the US needs to explain to our citizens just how the oil market works, obviously many have zero idea.

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

Now Russia has stated if the west bans their oil they will halt gas exports to Europe. 

If that shit occurs Europe will be in the dark. They have no way to account for losing Russian energy imports.

Germany can tell Greta to suck a cock, and turn their nuke plants back on....it's a rational start.

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Germany can tell Greta to suck a cock, and turn their nuke plants back on....it's a rational start.

I’d imagine that will take months 

15 hours ago, Anler said:

We have the capacity right now to do exactly that with NO new drilling. But its not "we". No oil companies are going to distribute more oil because it will drive the price down. Its capitalism 101. If gas prices get excessively high the govt should indict oil producers for price gouging. 

Respectfully disagree...at today's prices they will scrape the bottom of every well to sell every drop they can.   To high commodity prices can have diminishing long term value as it drives in too much competition and makes other alternatives more attractive including more difficult oil to get at.  Like most crop farmers will say with too high of prices.   Expansion drives prices down over the long term as well as land, equipment and other inputs up and they don't ever come back down.

Edited by Highmark