Check your account email address ×

This is spiraling out of control quickly

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

:dunno:  14 years ago.  Ukraine wanted to be in NATO, and Bush wanted to let them in.  Given NATO is a defense pact, and given that the Soviet Union had just broken up, we could easily argue that it was for the good of the world.  14 years later obviously Russia disagrees.  They used all the oil revenues to build up their military and enrich a handful of oligarchs.   And they're the ones invading another country right now and killing innocents.  So here we are.

That amazing military that they built up ain’t doing real well against a 2nd world country. Honestly, I have no idea how Putin could take another country. It’s embarrassing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just pointing out that NATO issue is not new and who are we to dictate what they do with their oil revenue?  If we are so concerned why do we ignore the bad deeds of The Saudis? 🤷🏻

We ignore the bad deeds of the Saudis because our Zionist handlers say so. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

When was the last time Russia attacked a country that wasn’t part of the Soviet Union? 

Thats not the question....imo.  The Soviet Union is and was in the rear view mirror.  What about a sovereign country wanting to be part of it?  Thats the question that should be asked.

Just now, spin_dry said:

That amazing military that they built up ain’t doing real well against a 2nd world country. Honestly, I have no idea how Putin could take another country. It’s embarrassing. 

Well he’s fighting the entire world at this point. We might as well just give Ukraine access to our entire military catalogue and let them make a Christmas list. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Now Russia has stated if the west bans their oil they will halt gas exports to Europe. 

If that shit occurs Europe will be in the dark. They have no way to account for losing Russian energy imports.

Haven’t you been calling for revolution and heads for years?  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Thats not the question....imo.  The Soviet Union is and was in the rear view mirror.  What about a sovereign country wanting to be part of it?  Thats the question that should be asked.

This is a border dispute and entirely provoked by NATOs attempting to surround Russia with member states.

Just now, f7ben said:

Well he’s fighting the entire world at this point. We might as well just give Ukraine access to our entire military catalogue and let them make a Christmas list. 

That’s already a done deal. Where’s china on all this? Making stuffed pandas? 

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

You’re worried about things “ spiraling out of control”. 

Where’s the US revolution? All I see is another round of pushing the US middle class down the stairs for shit that’s none of our business.

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Should Putin roll in the bombers or ?

Man you are a fool...

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Where’s the US revolution? All I see is another round of pushing the US middle class down the stairs for shit that’s none of our business.

We don't often always agree, but in a world economy, we get dragged into it by design.  If you talk about protecting borders, jobs, sovereignty, and you're labeled a nationalist, isolationist, bigot, etc.. 5d checkers going on right now  :lol: 

43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Like Palestine? 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

What’s bad aboot Europeans starving a bit?

Thats all fun and games until it comes to your homeland. How much confidence do you have in Trudeau? 

Just now, Anler said:

Thats all fun and games until it comes to your homeland. How much confidence do you have in Trudeau? 

Zero 

but the idea of city people starving makes me experience schadenfreude 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, SSFB said:

We should be expanding drilling at home along with developing our alternative energy. 

Just think about how much bullshit we've been involved in because of overseas oil. What if we didn't have to give a fuck about the Saudis or the Ruskis?

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I think everybody knows this. 

To be somewhat fair our ability to find and extract our reserves has greatly improved over the past 20-30 years.  In other words there were times were we didn't know what energy reserves we had.  Not a fully justified excuse for some of our actions especially in the ME but energy is the most important resource to mankind.   Also the ability to produce renewables has greatly improved in that timeframe as well. 

Just saying its real easy to complain about some of what we did not knowing what real energy shortages may have looked like and done financially to our country and other parts of the world.   

Edited by Highmark