Check your account email address ×

Up riding thanks Joe

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Our round bail cost just went up 5.00 a bale, not sure why hay cut last year cost more now, but whatever.  

It's strange gas/diesel were always higher hear than most areas in Pa. until the 5 or 6 years ago, in fact 15 miles west of us it was 5 to 10 cents cheaper now we are about the same amount cheaper.

I went from 7 up to 8 because of demand about a month and a half ago.  You're right it is weird 5 years ago i'd go to lancaster for parts and fuel would be 15 cents cheaper.  Now I might as well fill up here before I leave because it's the same if not a hair more there than here these days.:dunno:

55 minutes ago, hayward said:

I went from 7 up to 8 because of demand about a month and a half ago.  You're right it is weird 5 years ago i'd go to lancaster for parts and fuel would be 15 cents cheaper.  Now I might as well fill up here before I leave because it's the same if not a hair more there than here these days.:dunno:

There is 1 place in South Cannan that is always 15 to 20 cents cheaper, but the distance to get there by good roads is far and the short route is rough as hell.  The hay we have gotten is not too good the last few years, just picked up feed Friday price is up on that too, we have soy oil put on our feed that price doubled a month ago.

8 hours ago, 1jkw said:

There is 1 place in South Cannan that is always 15 to 20 cents cheaper, but the distance to get there by good roads is far and the short route is rough as hell.  The hay we have gotten is not too good the last few years, just picked up feed Friday price is up on that too, we have soy oil put on our feed that price doubled a month ago.

Oh yeah soy oil went through the roof the last I bought.  We were using religiously on oats, scratch grain, anything to cut the dust.  Now we use just a whisp of molasses for that.  Still have to put it in 10 and 12 percent for fat content, but that's basically it, not pouring it around like we had.   

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I have a few masks left. I’m just going to Rob the gas station with a China throwing star. 

That would be awesome, be sure and Go Pro it!!!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

Oh yeah soy oil went through the roof the last I bought.  We were using religiously on oats, scratch grain, anything to cut the dust.  Now we use just a whisp of molasses for that.  Still have to put it in 10 and 12 percent for fat content, but that's basically it, not pouring it around like we had.   

Our food has a candy syrup that has a higher brick number than molasses, 10 LB. of soy oil per 500LB of feed.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Our food has a candy syrup that has a higher brick number than molasses, 10 LB. of soy oil per 500LB of feed.

I used to buy candy syrup from a guy up that way who took over the bidness from an older feller that retired.  Think it came out of a plant where they made those ring lick candys that kids would suck on and rot their teeth.  Around Brandon's home town somewheres I think the factory was.  It was good shit, but boy would cake my mixer up to no end.  He went out of it I guess.  called him 2 years ago for another tote but never answered the phone, so now just sticking with molasses.

We use 6 lb/1000 for a 3% fat content guarontee.  Unless it's special order, but all these horses in this area do is stand around all day trying to look important.

34 minutes ago, hayward said:

I used to buy candy syrup from a guy up that way who took over the bidness from an older feller that retired.  Think it came out of a plant where they made those ring lick candys that kids would suck on and rot their teeth.  Around Brandon's home town somewheres I think the factory was.  It was good shit, but boy would cake my mixer up to no end.  He went out of it I guess.  called him 2 years ago for another tote but never answered the phone, so now just sticking with molasses.

We use 6 lb/1000 for a 3% fat content guarontee.  Unless it's special order, but all these horses in this area do is stand around all day trying to look important.

Our horses just stand around and look important, except when they are breaking down fences.  

I will cut oil down to 5LB per 500 once the warm weather hits and green grass is back.

There is a farm down the road from me that have around 8 fancy different draft horses that I believe they show. They do a lot of standing around in their pastures looking fancy. I can only imagine the feed they go through. 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There is a farm down the road from me that have around 8 fancy different draft horses that I believe they show. They do a lot of standing around in their pastures looking fancy. I can only imagine the feed they go through. 

My neighbor used to use his team to spread manure, might as well earn the feed

• Like 2

4.09 for regular in Rhinelander 3/6/2022

Let's go Brandon....and you have people pulling the "I did that" stickers off the pumps constantly. 

Thank this all on democrats and their current policies.  And like every other conservative says...."I TOLD YOU"

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

4.09 for regular in Rhinelander 3/6/2022

Let's go Brandon....and you have people pulling the "I did that" stickers off the pumps constantly. 

Thank this all on democrats and their current policies.  And like every other conservative says...."I TOLD YOU"

TRUMP DOESNT WANT THIS SPENDING DERRRRRRRRR

• Haha 1