Check your account email address ×

Hey Maine peeps...

Kivalo

• Gold Member

After this shitshow of weekend weather any idea where is a good spot to go ride? What areas have good snow still? Would like to take a multiday trip out that way if possible.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

After this shitshow of weekend weather any idea where is a good spot to go ride? What areas have good snow still? Would like to take a multiday trip out that way if possible.

On my way up to caribou as i type  supposed to be good to excellent there and north.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Rangeley looks icy around town but outside of town and up higher is reporting great trails.

Pittsburg, NH is reporting similar conditions with a few open water bars, lol. We have picked up an inch or two of new snow so far today.

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Rangeley looks icy around town but outside of town and up higher is reporting great trails.

Do you know where I can get local trail reports?

Do the hotels have decent internet around Rangeley? Like good enough for a video call?

31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Do the hotels have decent internet around Rangeley? Like good enough for a video call?

Go the the local clubs facebook pages and ask . Or I am sure Maine has some sort of page for there  snowmobile association listing contacts for every club in the state .

Got to remember most of your small town groomers and club boards are retired guys looking for anything to do and are more than glad to respond to your inquiry.  

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Thats a 12 hr drive for me. Any chance you can ride a day or so and give me a report?

Headed up Thursday...supposed to get another storm Tuesday.  6-8 in Caribou 12 in Fort kent. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Thats a 12 hr drive for me. Any chance you can ride a day or so and give me a report?

Houlton is a hour less really no need to drive to caribou it’s a quick rip up the rail bed from Houlton. Millinocket save you 2hrs and still easy ride up north. I’d stay out in milli or shin pond.

here’s todays report from neoc 

https://www.neoc.com/snowmobile-trail-report-maine/

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Light snow here in southern NH 32 degrees

Light snow here all day. It was just snowing very hard and we had some good wind gusts. I'm guessing that the front just went through.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Houlton is a hour less really no need to drive to caribou it’s a quick rip up the rail bed from Houlton. Millinocket save you 2hrs and still easy ride up north. I’d stay out in milli or shin pond.

Houlton didn't look bad on our way thru, been snowing lightly for a few hours now. Trails are definitely thinner and icy down that way though.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

South of pi is a lot of frozen rutted out shit 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

All the Maine web cams are a great way to look around today.    RLSC       http://www.rangeleysnowmobile.com/webcams.html

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1