Check your account email address ×

Cats new turbo 2 stroke

Rod

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

95% of snowmobilers don’t notice that shit.

Did you ever think that if the drivetrain becomes more efficient it opens up the ability to have smaller engines having the same track hp? Less weight, better fuel economy and arguably more reliability. Maybe The Huff will come out with something so that you can copy and paste.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Would that be the same power cat was pushing out of f8s starting in 2010 . 

I'm sure Cat guys would love that Suzuki engine back.

BTW who makes the most powerful production 2 stroke ever ????

3 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Did you ever think that if the drivetrain becomes more efficient it opens up the ability to have smaller engines having the same track hp? Less weight, better fuel economy and arguably more reliability. Maybe The Huff will come out with something so that you can copy and paste.

Once again no one cares. It’s not about who has the best gizmos these days it’s the pure joy of snowmobiling.

Sno tech has hit its max. The only thing that’s hasn’t hit its max is the cost of sledding. It’s out of control.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Once again no one cares. It’s not about who has the best gizmos these days it’s the pure joy of snowmobiling.

Sno tech has hit its max. The only thing that’s hasn’t hit its max is the cost of sledding. It’s out of control.

Sure thing Nostradamus.

Many a Cat owner was peacocking when Bikeman dyno'd the 800 ctec at over 160hp. Then they were spot on :lol: In fact Cat themselves claimed 160 class hp after that ,,no guff!

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

When I hear the words turbo and two-stroke together in a sentence, I just laugh. 

I thought the same until I thought about it. You and I can remember guys trying to get carbed 500 Fuji's to run with turbos and they got them to run but they never lasted. Now with modern fuel injection, electronics and inter cooling they will last a lot longer IMO. There's guys out west with a lot of time on the Polaris and Doo with good durability so far. :bc:

13 hours ago, HSR said:

I'm sure Cat guys would love that Suzuki engine back.

BTW who makes the most powerful production 2 stroke ever ????

If it is in a matrix dose it even matter . Can't keep the pos out of the shop.  More fucking recalls than a 12 cat and to make it worse this is yr 2 lol 

9 hours ago, HSR said:

Many a Cat owner was peacocking when Bikeman dyno'd the 800 ctec at over 160hp. Then they were spot on :lol: In fact Cat themselves claimed 160 class hp after that ,,no guff!

Bikman dyno is the worst in the scam market  always has been always will be .and they all use the 1xx class BS now because of lawyers can't be over or under . Same reason you can't buy a fucking lawn mower with a 5 hp motor any more just the CC  poo doing it to . In fact I think poo went over 15 yrs not posting hp when there comp were posting hp numbers . Guess they were just ahead of the game .yeah sure that's it that's the tix 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

So out of touch   :lol: 

15 hours ago, HSR said:

Didn’t the doo 850 make 165 ish at bikeman?

12 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I thought the same until I thought about it. You and I can remember guys trying to get carbed 500 Fuji's to run with turbos and they got them to run but they never lasted. Now with modern fuel injection, electronics and inter cooling they will last a lot longer IMO. There's guys out west with a lot of time on the Polaris and Doo with good durability so far. :bc:

Anything can be made to run if you’re willing to throw enough money at it. I guess this might’ve been something that would’ve excited me a few years ago. Not much anymore. Overlanding has my attention now. It’s a fucking blast. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Anything can be made to run if you’re willing to throw enough money at it. I guess this might’ve been something that would’ve excited me a few years ago. Not much anymore. Overlanding has my attention now. It’s a fucking blast. 

Wife and I have been looking at class B's. Finding a used one is hard to do without paying way to much and new ones are nuts. I think we found a place to rent one for a month to try it out.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

So that's the official term when you get everyone under the bridge to give you the butt hurt. 

• Haha 2