Check your account email address ×

Dis sum bullshit!!!

Olympian Eileen Gu ruffles US skiers with decision to compete for China

She could be America’s next Olympic darling — a stunning 18-year-old skier who signed with Victoria’s Secret and plans to attend Stanford after she vies for gold in Beijing. 

But Eileen Gu won’t be competing for the US

Instead, in a move that’s baffled members of the American skiing community, San Francisco-born and -bred Gu has joined Team China.

“I have decided to compete for China in the 2022 Winter Olympics,” Gu announced in a 2019 tweet, months after she earned her first World Cup win in Italy at 15

“She became the athlete she is because she grew up in the United States, where she had access to premier training grounds and coaching that, as a female, she might not have had in China,” Hudak told The Post. “I think she would be a different skier if she grew up in China.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/olympian-eileen-gu-competing-for-china-is-ruffling-us-skiers/

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Interesting. I wonder what her motivation might be? 

China is plastering her face all over the games and country and ads....what do you think the reason is.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

IOC needs to crack down on this.   Plenty of American's do it but usually they can't make the American Olympic squad so they go take the place of someone else who maybe worked just has hard all their life to make it.  Her on the other hand was America's best in those events.   

She also inked a deal with Victoria Secret. 

Edited by Highmark

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

IOC needs to crack down on this.   Plenty of American's do it but usually they can't make the American Olympic squad so they go take the place of someone else who maybe worked just has hard all their life to make it.  Her on the other hand was America's best in those events.   

She sounds like a good capitalist. 

If she had defected to a US team from china, right wingers would’ve marked it up as proof of the power of American freedom. She would have been celebrated as a hero for democracy. :lol: 

Instead she’s living out the American dream of getting filthy fucking rich!!! 

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

She told them in 2019,,,after her first big win. I would think they had enough time for someone else to take her place no???

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

She told them in 2019,,,after her first big win. I would think they had enough time for someone else to take her place no???

Yes but how much of the US training facilities did she get to use up till then?   Don't get me wrong if the IOC allows it so be it just seems a bit strange not competing for the country you were born in.  To each their own. 

If all the Olympic athletes move to the highest bidder its not much of the Olympics any more.  

Edited by Highmark