Check your account email address ×

Fully Jabbed is Worthless

ABelgian scientific research station in Antarctica is dealing with an outbreak of Covid-19, despite workers being fully vaccinated and based in one of the world's remotest regions.

Antarctic station hit by Covid-19 outbreak
© International Polar FoundationAntarctic station hit by Covid-19 outbreak

Since 14 December, two thirds of the 25 workers at the Princess Elisabeth Polar Station have caught the virus.

Officials say cases remain mild so far.

"The situation isn't dramatic," Joseph Cheek, a project manager for the International Polar Foundation, told the BBC.

"While it has been an inconvenience to have to quarantine certain members of the staff who caught the virus, it hasn't significantly affected our work at the station overall," Mr Cheek said.

"All residents of the station were offered the opportunity to leave on a scheduled flight on 12 January. However, they all expressed their wish to stay and continue their work," he added.

News of the outbreak was first reported in Belgian title Le Soir.

The first positive test was recorded on 14 December, among a team who had arrived seven days earlier.

They and others who tested positive were placed in quarantine but the virus continued to circulate.

Staff arriving at the station must be vaccinated and tested for the virus.

There are two emergency doctors at the station and new arrivals to the outpost have been suspended until the virus dissipates.

Princess Elisabeth station is operated by the International Polar Foundation and went into service in 2009.

It isn't the first time research stations in Antarctica have been affected by a coronavirus outbreak.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Officials say cases remain mild so far.

why is that?

Because they don't send old or sick scientists to Antarctica 

I'm sitting next to my fully vaccinated and boosted wife right now that has covid again and coughing her ass off and I'm 100%,  even tested negative. After getting covid let year and it being less than a cold I said I'd never get the jab

Edited by Doorider

We had the rones go right through our house. My in laws and specifically my FIL bought into the fear pretty hard and he stopped short of calling me an asshole for not being vaccinated 

we almost came to words but we both stopped out of respect. It was awkward 

well it went through our house. None of us got seriously ill. I’d call it more if an inconvenience. A small cough. A minor intermittent fever for one day. Minor body aches. Major lack of taste and smell. Probably the largest thing was overall exhaustion. I probably slept for 3 days 

2 out of 2 kids showed very minor symptoms for 1-2 days. The oldest boy never did get symptomatic.

anyway the in-laws that are vaccinated, about 12 months ago, wanted to come over just to get infected to get fully immune. The wife and I discussed it and said no. They’re near 70, have got the poor vaccination which is likely long gone and I don’t want to be responsible for getting them seriously ill due to their weakened immune system from the jab 

also, my sister is a total cunt. Her husband got it which knocked him back so he couldn’t look after the kids. She’s a lazy bitch so she took the kids to my parents to look after them cause she’s a cunt and she infected my 70 year old unvaccinated parents 

they got pretty Sick. Pop is still weak after 2 weeks. They never required medical attention but they did get hit pretty hard. 

• Like 1

The lack of taste was probably the worst. I had an appetite the entire time but for about 12 hours I had zero taste. I made chicken wings but couldn’t taste them at all. Could only feel them. Was so strange.

The continual dulling of smell and taste was the main thing. And at its peak I hit this metallic, ammonia flavour in my nose. That might have been the worst symptom. I was never debilitated. If I had to fake it to go do business I easily could have. But that taste in my nose was gross. 

There was about 3 days I could put eucalyptus oil up my nose and smell absolutely zero 

was never stuffed up. And nothing felt numb or wrong. Didn’t even realize I had zero smell until I actually tried smelling something that I knew had a strong smell 

We had what we believe was covid just before it came into light a couple years ago. We were out sledding and I was starting to get the tickle in my throat and then the dry hacking cough for about 10 days or so. The wife got it as well but the other 4 with us never caught anything. Forward a year we both got the Phizer then Moderna so we could travel. A couple weeks ago the wife started with the sniffles/running nose which lasted 2 weeks and my sinuses started acting up which lasted roughly 5 days. No idea if it's a so-called variant but we think it was just a mild headcold

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We had what we believe was covid just before it came into light a couple years ago. We were out sledding and I was starting to get the tickle in my throat and then the dry hacking cough for about 10 days or so. The wife got it as well but the other 4 with us never caught anything. Forward a year we both got the Phizer then Moderna so we could travel. A couple weeks ago the wife started with the sniffles/running nose which lasted 2 weeks and my sinuses started acting up which lasted roughly 5 days. No idea if it's a so-called variant but we think it was just a mild headcold

Problem is the BS PCR test will pickup anything so you probably would have tested positive.  Esp at the high cycle counts.  Totally useless.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Problem is the BS PCR test will pickup anything so you probably would have tested positive.  Esp at the high cycle counts.  Totally useless.

I agree!. We got the 2 vax"s in order to go to Nova Scotia otherwise we wouldn't be bothered with it. We had  planned for a couple friends in their 80"s to come for Christmas dinner and we cancelled even though they're vaxxed just as a precaution

Edited by smokin george

Worthless Jabs:

Pentagon chief Austin says he has tested positive for COVID

•  

•  

Via AP news wire
Sun, January 2, 2022, 7:43 PM

In this article:
  •  

• Lloyd Austin
    American military officer and 28th US Secretary of Defense

Virus Outbreak Austin (Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved)

Virus Outbreak Austin (Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved)

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Sunday he has tested positive for COVID-19 and was experiencing mild symptoms while quarantining at home.

In a statement Sunday night, Austin said he plans to attend key meetings and discussions virtually in the coming week “to the degree possible.” He said Deputy Secretary Kathleen Hicks would represent him in appropriate matters.

“I have informed my leadership team of my positive test result, as well as the President,” Austin said. “My staff has begun contact tracing and testing of all those with whom I have come into contact over the last week.”

Austin, 68, said he was fully vaccinated and received a booster in October. He said he requested a test Sunday morning after experiencing symptoms while at home on leave and, given the result, planned to remain in quarantine for five days, per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

“The vaccines work and will remain a military medical requirement for our workforce. I continue to encourage everyone eligible for a booster shot to get one. This remains a readiness issue,” he said.

In October, another member of President Joe Biden s Cabinet Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas tested positive for COVID-19.

What Mask?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar

•  

• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Jon Brown
Sun, January 2, 2022, 6:43 PM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was recorded without a mask in a densely packed bar in Miami, according to footage that emerged Sunday.

The large crowd at the drag bar, most of whom were also without a mask, applauded the congresswoman as she waved to them, as first reported by Florida's Conservative Voice.

"For those of you with zero sense of humor: the whole point of this post is to expose hypocrisy. We don’t actually care she’s maskless. We care she fear mongers about Florida but then has the audacity to vacation here," wrote Brendon Leslie, the reporter who first tweeted the video.

Ocasio-Cortez's home state of New York has seen a record surge in COVID-19 cases amid the spread of the omicron variant.

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

What Mask?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez filmed maskless at packed Florida bar

•  

• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Jon Brown

She didnt happen to be drunk with those delicious tits out was she?

• Haha 1