Check your account email address ×

For my little friend Jacob, talk to your kids.

This reminder popped up today. Jacob was a wonderful baby and a hard worker as he got older his down fall was he tried heroin once and that was it he was hooked. Jacob never drank or smoked and worked his ass off but in the corner he was doing heroin. One day he took the hit of a life time his heroin was laced with fentanyl that was the day no one could save Jacob. I will never forget the look on his father face the day we lost little Jacob he was 29 years old. Feb 24, 2021

Maybe this will save a life. 

Badger :bc:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yet we sit back and let China and the cartels pour fentanyl thru our southern borders.  

Anyone who tries heroin must realize they are playing Russian roulette.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't understand this generations obsession with opiods....in my day only the biggest dirbags did heroine,  even the coke heads would tell you that. 

My lead carpenter lost his boy, just about broke him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I don't understand this generations obsession with opiods....in my day only the biggest dirbags did heroine,  even the coke heads would tell you that. 

Yep....the term "junkies" was coined for heroin addicts. 

At soon to be 59 years old this video still hurts my soul. I wish you guys could have seen him as a baby he loved his dad so much and he did till the day we lost him. I had Jacob do some landscaping and I tried to talk to him and tell him we are all so proud of him I told him I was here if he needed anything or help and he listen to me but still. 

His father said I could share this and we hope it will save a life. 

105484911_10222165307984260_8339209022701177221_n.jpg

894852_182902451858801_144454663_o.jpg

• Sad 2

Terrible.  We've lost several young kids in our community, a couple who's friends were hooked, and another who died, along with a bunch of others we could connect to.  Like SkiNH said, heroin was what the dirtbags did in the 60s and early 70s.  It was hard to wrap my brain around the fact that all these kids who were raised better and should have known better, are being taken by this shit.  Another reason i am so disgusted with our government and lax border policies right now.  When are we going to stop letting China corrupt our government and look the other way with all this fentanyl that is coming from there?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SkisNH said:

What part is hard to understand ? Kids do what is available.  We're were in the sandbox for 20 yrs defending the fields flying military cargo planes full of the shit back here . There has been more of that crap on the street in the last 20 yrs than you can imagine.  Kids can get smack ezer than booze or blow or lsd. 

Poss now the flow will slow and the kids can get back to designer drugs 

Really not hart to figure out 

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What part is hard to understand ? Kids do what is available.  We're were in the sandbox for 20 yrs defending the fields flying military cargo planes full of the shit back here . There has been more of that crap on the street in the last 20 yrs than you can imagine.  Kids can get smack ezer than booze or blow or lsd. 

Poss now the flow will slow and the kids can get back to designer drugs 

Really not hart to figure out 

I guess it's that simple,  but I would like to think when we were kids if our peers were dying around us we would have stayed away. 

20 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yet we sit back and let China and the cartels pour fentanyl thru our southern borders.  

Anyone who tries heroin must realize they are playing Russian roulette.    

I loved my recreational shit but, I never got into this hardcore shot because I had a decent and rational brain in my pumpkin.  Not sure why these kids can’t think this way anymore.  

19 hours ago, SkisNH said:

It’s not like overdosing is new.  Heroin and the like have been around since my high school partying days yet, nobody I knew even messed with it and nobody overdosed on anything….or came in and shot the school up.

I never understood why anyone would do any drugs including weed, I lost a couple friends doing drugs back in the 1960's.

I recall my best childhood friend Jeff introducing me to his then girlfriend, he said this is Don who has never done any drugs, she looked at me and said "Freak".

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I loved my recreational shit but, I never got into this hardcore shot because I had a decent and rational brain in my pumpkin.  Not sure why these kids can’t think this way anymore.  

It’s not like overdosing is new.  Heroin and the like have been around since my high school partying days yet, nobody I knew even messed with it and nobody overdosed on anything….or came in and shot the school up.

Same on all.

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I never understood why anyone would do any drugs including weed, I lost a couple friends doing drugs back in the 1960's.

I recall my best childhood friend Jeff introducing me to his then girlfriend, he said this is Don who has never done any drugs, she looked at me and said "Freak".

weed is the most benign thing a person can do. yes it gets you high , but it's not addictive. mentally yes but physically no. i have 2 step daughters. when they were growing up i talked to them about all of it. i told them the only thing you can touch is weed. anything else from cigs onward can fuck you up. they questioned it then but now know what i meant. they both smoked cigs. one smoked weed but doesn't smoke that or cigs anymore. the younger one is really successful and still smokes. not like a normal smoker but will disappear to smoke. she knows it was a mistake to even start. a responsible person can smoke some weed at night and not harm anyone. even a few beers. just look at a cig smoker that gets a chest cold. sounds like shit but still has to smoke. the opiates around here are out of control. pills , heroin, fentanyl. people od every day. local paramedic told me she just goes from one address to another giving the needle. and the same address numerous times

• Like 2

The 60's were nuts, drug use was the go to thing, not all but many friends I knew started with weed and then tried worse drugs, I supposed the thinking was if weed was good hard drugs might be better.

My friend Jeff whom I mentioned above got killed while on hard drugs, he hit a tree while riding his Harley, autopsy showed he was on multiple different drugs according to what his sister told me back then.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I guess it's that simple,  but I would like to think when we were kids if our peers were dying around us we would have stayed away. 

Nop I was a 80s kid people were dropping from fucking did not stop me people were dropping from blow did not stop me . The "war in drugs" and stupid shit like "just say no" made them more appealing.  If it has a stigma kids will run to it 

i was born in the 60s. drugs everywhere in the 70s. i had older brothers and a strict mother. my brothers warned me about what not to touch . i did not have opportunity to do anything like that until older. i don't get how these people dive in to heroin knowing it's likely they won't return . 

• Gold Member

Growing up most us kids in school try booze and weed and some did mushrooms past that I think we all knew nothing good was gonna come from doing the harder drugs like meth, heroin, coke and pills. Seems like it be a good idea to have your kids watch a season of intervention in like 6th grade when they are young kinda like a scared straight deal. I think once they see how fucked up people become on booze, heroin, coke, pills, spray paint, meth whatever I doubt they be dumb enough to even consider trying anything.

• Gold Member

SAD😥 ....I lost a good Buddy to Opioids a few years ago. I still have his picture up on my toolbox. Fucking sucks. He was a great Dude. Went to FL for Automotive school and got introduced to pills. After that he was on a downward spiral getting a little worse each year. 

I smoke Weed and Drink but never had the desire to try any hard stuff.  I worry about my Kids in the future everytime I see stuff like this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Nop I was a 80s kid people were dropping from fucking did not stop me people were dropping from blow did not stop me . The "war in drugs" and stupid shit like "just say no" made them more appealing.  If it has a stigma kids will run to it 

I bet we are the same age..

11 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Humans have been medicating themselves since the beginning of time...the issue is where you lose yourself and possibly your life. 

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Humans have been medicating themselves since the beginning of time...the issue is where you lose yourself and possibly your life. 

I agree, except illegal drugs are for entertainment value not Medicinal value.

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I agree, except illegal drugs are for entertainment value not Medicinal value.

Weed is illegal or was illegal until recently,  it's no different than alcohol; and alcohol is certainly medicinal. 

Edited by SkisNH

17 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Weed is illegal or was illegal until recently,  it's no different than alcohol; and alcohol is certainly medicinal. 

Not legal here:

Cannabis in Wisconsin is illegal for recreational use. Possession of any amount is punished by up to 6 months in prison and a $1000 fine for a first offense.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Not legal here:

Cannabis in Wisconsin is illegal for recreational use. Possession of any amount is punished by up to 6 months in prison and a $1000 fine for a first offense.

For how long?....it's legal in Maine, VT and MA for recreational use...medical in NH. However, it's only a matter of time. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

For how long?....it's legal in Maine, VT and MA for recreational use...medical in NH. However, it's only a matter of time. 

Dont forget Connecticut.:yummy:

All of New England is Pot friendly now who would of thunk it . 

Just now, SkisNH said:

Don't know how long, it's always been illegal here.

Alcohol can also be very dangerous, I stopped drinking it in 1981 after I collapsed in a Burger King, Doctors walked me thru why I should quit and I never touched it again, I drank 99.9% Beer. This is what mostly convinced me to stop drinking: 

• Like 1