Check your account email address ×

Are you and your riding partners taking the Pledge?

BuT...I BOugT thIS wicKED KewL MounTAIN sled AND liVE in tHE MIDweST.....I GOTta JuMP in THE FREsh Pow-POw!!!!!!!!!!

Morons.  Time to police our own...then beat them.

There's a corner up by the state trail that has signs posted "No snowmobiles".  Get's tracked up every year.  Worst part is, part of the trail runs through this guys land.  Fucking morons.

• Like 3

There's 2+ minutes of my life I'll never get back.  JFC how stupid ... how about instead of "taking the pledge" join a fucking club and realize what it takes to make shit work & dealing with pissed off landowners.  It's like SJW's listening to this garbage .... especially hearing it from guys who's sole purpose is to ride off trail and promote a brand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

There's 2+ minutes of my life I'll never get back.  JFC how stupid ... how about instead of "taking the pledge" join a fucking club and realize what it takes to make shit work & dealing with pissed off landowners.  It's like SJW's listening to this garbage .... especially hearing it from guys who's sole purpose is to ride off trail and promote a brand.

That made me raise a brow also.  But....meh.  It's the same shit every year.  Trail police trying to keep sledders off the trail early in the year to "develop a base" and backcountry fuck wads bobbing down the trail looking for a place to jump off without any care whatsoever about where they are and who owns the land.  

We're a neat bunch!  BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as how this doesn’t apply to me, hard no on that pledge there bud. Plenty of legal areas to ride off trail in Michigan. Have a brain and know how to use it. That’s all it takes. 

Most of the people wrecking it here in Michigan are the ones leaving the trail where it’s posted “Stay on trail”. They literally don’t get 20 yards “off trail”. Usually they are in their 20’s, have a GGB can, and their first long tracked sled. Same people that are jumping every snow bank in the parking lots. 

• Thanks 1

It's an awareness campaign.  

IDK about you, but I'm actually concerned about losing trails and access to private property or legal off trail riding due to a few of the entitled don't give a fuck attitudes some of the shit for brains people seem to have in this country.  There's no good reason a few folks should screw it up for the rest of us or the fine folks that deal with property owners and create/maintain trails for us to enjoy.   Kudos to those who's liveihood depends upon the sales of sleds, parts and accessories for saying/doing something.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK about you, but I'm actually concerned about losing trails and access to private property or legal off trail riding due to a few of the entitled don't give a fuck attitudes some of the shit for brains people seem to have in this country.  There's no good reason a few folks should screw it up for the rest of us or the fine folks that deal with property owners and create/maintain trails for us to enjoy.   Kudos to those who's liveihood depends upon the sales of sleds, parts and accessories for saying/doing something.

If you’re directing that towards me (rhetorical statement btw) let me say this, 

You won’t find many people who put more effort into playing by the rules when it comes to playing “off trail”. On top of that, I’ve been active in many clubs (not just by donating money) and sit on the bod for my region at the state level. So you can keep tossing that shit out there and I’ll keep batting it down.

Yes, there are a lot of dumbfucks out there but I assure you, it’s not just the “renegade off trail riders” causing the problems out there. In almost every area of this state that I frequent, there are a lot more ORV issues than anything. On the sled side, as I said before, in my areas, there are more trail riders playing right next to marked trails in signed no trespassing areas that are causing “off trail” issues. A close second is sound levels. 

Lack of education and give a fuck wrecks this sport more than anything, imo. Soooooo many sledders and orv riders don’t know the first fucking thing about what is actually right and wrong when they are out in the woods and a lot of times, just plain don’t care. Add to it that they think that as long as they buy the necessary permits that they are then entitled to whatever in the fuck they want. Thats the group that’s expanding and that’s the group causing a lot of the problems. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's fucking stupid ... do you really think it makes an impact on the idiots who don't follow the rules?  I bet 75% (or more) of the morons out there don't even know who these people are, that are taking the pledge.  You wanna take a pledge?  How about this - "IF YOU GO OFF TRAIL (edit:  illegally) AND WE SEE YOU, WE ARE GOING TO RUN YOU DOWN AND FUCK UP YOUR SLED!"

Like I said, this is nothing more than a glorified equivalent to a SJW moment.

Edited by Bontz

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

It's fucking stupid ... do you really think it makes an impact on the idiots who don't follow the rules?  I bet 75% (or more) of the morons out there don't even know who these people are, that are taking the pledge.  You wanna take a pledge?  How about this - "IF YOU GO OFF TRAIL (edit:  illegally) AND WE SEE YOU, WE ARE GOING TO RUN YOU DOWN AND FUCK UP YOUR SLED!"

Like I said, this is nothing more than a glorified equivalent to a SJW moment.

So, just go full on Vigilante?  I'll check to see if my track cutting Milwaukee Sawzall fits in my tunnel bag... STAT!!!  :lol:

I'll stand by my assertion and say the vast majority of people fucking things up, are doing it in an area they don't actually reside in.  They have no skin in the game dealing with landowners or maintaining trails.  They bought a registration, and a trail pass, and a burger and a beer at a bar.  Apparently that gives them license to do as they wish.  It's super easy for a land owner to close a trail, at any time for any reason they see fit.  Signs obviously don't work.  There aren't enough wardens out there stopping people.  Etc.   I realize it's not guys like you, Nick, myself or probably anyone else on this MB - but clearly it needs to be drilled into some peoples thick noggin.  Now with more and more uneducated NEWB's entering the Snowmobile and ORV arena, it's probably going to get even worse.

I got my ass in trouble a few years ago for confronting some assholes from the Twin Cities who decided that they could do whatever they wanted on the trail. But I too feel that we MUST self police these people, or the DNR and local Sherriff Departments will do it for us. If we don't, then additional regulation will do it for us. All it takes is a few assholes to wreck it for everyone. 

For those of us that build, groom, and maintain the trails, there is NOTHING worse than getting a call from a land owner that is so frustrated that they want to close a trail. I hate those calls, and all I can do is be sympathetic, and do whatever we can to try to keep people on the trail. I feel like @Bontz @Zambroski-- I want to beat those people for their stupidity, and risking everything for their selfish impulses. 

With that said, we are pretty luck here in my county. We don't have a ton of private land owners like most counties do.  We have the largest County Forest acreage in the State of Wisconsin, and the rest of our county is all old paper company land, so our trail access rights are pretty protected. But, that also attracts many of those off trail riders that think that they can go anywhere.

We really try hard to roll out the red carpet to our guests. We tend to attract a ton of snowmobile clubs coming up here for their club trips. They are THE BEST. They get it. It is the helmet mohawk, backpack wearing, wannabe's that can go fuck themselves. 

You know the kind....they are tourists and are spending money up here, so they feel entitled to do anything they want.... For whatever reason, the FIB's seem to be the worst...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh shit, tough guy talk now. Watch out. :lol:

Obviously I say what I said in jest, simply because I think "the pledge" is fucking dumb & chasing down trespassers would have more effect.  I'm not opposed to confronting idiots that are clearly breaking the rules by going off trail where they shouldn't be, and generally I have at least one person - if not more - with me.  It doesn't take a tough guy approach, but a good ass chewing doesn't hurt ... especially if it's on the trail system our club is responsible for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Obviously I say what I said in jest, simply because I think "the pledge" is fucking dumb & chasing down trespassers would have more effect.  I'm not opposed to confronting idiots that are clearly breaking the rules by going off trail where they shouldn't be, and generally I have at least one person - if not more - with me.  It doesn't take a tough guy approach, but a good ass chewing doesn't hurt ... especially if it's on the trail system our club is responsible for.

:bc:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

We love the tourists that visit. I live in an area that needs the summer ATV and snowmobile tourism and the pledge is nothing more than a reaffirmation of something that should be common sense. We tend to be our own worst enemy. The more this sport can do to protect itself, the better. The environmentalists would love to see motorized recreation go away. This helps to turn the perception that we're irresponsible as a sport....

• Like 3

The problem is with the OEM’s and sled media promoting mountain sleds over all others. Midwestern dumbasses then get their 3” 174 850 to ride in a plowed cornfield with 2” of dry snow and decide that’s not much fun. So they then trespass on private land looking for the “goods” hoping to get first tracks on a 2’ deep wind drift that formed on top of their neighbors garden.

Fuck a pledge. Start making inexpensive sleds that are fun to ride on trails.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:57 PM, AK440 said:

The problem is with the OEM’s and sled media promoting mountain sleds over all others. Midwestern dumbasses then get their 3” 174 850 to ride in a plowed cornfield with 2” of dry snow and decide that’s not much fun. So they then trespass on private land looking for the “goods” hoping to get first tracks on a 2’ deep wind drift that formed on top of their neighbors garden.

Fuck a pledge. Start making inexpensive sleds that are fun to ride on trails.

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/off-trail-snowmobile-trespassing-the-devil-made-me-do-it/

Lol, this showed up in my feed

25 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Mountain sled derangement syndrome.  Blame all your problems on that

Well, they are responsible for the vast majority of trespass for sure.  Other than that, they, like the rest of us, can ride what they want how they want on the trails.  Just don’t be out there thinking you are the only one (look behind you) and for sure, don’t feel like everyone else should ride how you like to ride.

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, they are responsible for the vast majority of trespass for sure.  Other than that, they, like the rest of us, can ride what they want how they want on the trails.  Just don’t be out there thinking you are the only one (look behind you) and for sure, don’t feel like everyone else should ride how you like to ride.

This is something I can't prove but I would bet that trail sleds do just as much trespassing, if not more.

What prompted my reply was a post saying the problem is with the mountain sleds being promoted by media and oems.  And I thought that was dumb.  It's a huge segment, they advertise and talk about them for a reason.  And just like with guns, it's not the object.  You could "ban" all mountain sleds.  The people trespassing will do it no matter what they may be on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

This is something I can't prove but I would bet that trail sleds do just as much trespassing, if not more.

What prompted my reply was a post saying the problem is with the mountain sleds being promoted by media and oems.  And I thought that was dumb.  It's a huge segment, they advertise and talk about them for a reason.  And just like with guns, it's not the object.  You could "ban" all mountain sleds.  The people trespassing will do it no matter what they may be on.

Oh, I can certainly say it’s the mountain sled segment doing most of it.  Not all, but for sure most.

I think the OEM’s promote it the most because the mountains are almost guaranteed a long, rideable season every year…..that and the scenery in commercials just looks better.  If they could, I think they’d scrap the rest of their lines and just make long tracks.  I don’t know for sure but I’d bet the trail riding side of the snow business is the biggest pain in their asses.  A finicky bunch of retards.

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I can certainly say it’s the mountain sled segment doing most of it.  Not all, but for sure most.

I think the OEM’s promote it the most because the mountains are almost guaranteed a long, rideable season every year…..that and the scenery in commercials just looks better.  If they could, I think they’d scrap the rest of their lines and just make long tracks.  I don’t know for sure but I’d bet the trail riding side of the snow business is the biggest pain in their asses.  A finicky bunch of retards.

It probably depends on the area.  The higher traffic/tourist area I could see the switchback assault bro crew doing the trespassing.  But where I ride it's mostly local people and you don't see mountain type sleds very much at all on the trail.  If guys are trail riding they have a trail sled.

Plus the mountain segment is the future.  Trails will all be closed at some point in time, but the off trail segment will always be there

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Mountain sled derangement syndrome.  Blame all your problems on that

Did you read the article? 

"The suggestion that the explosion of illegal trespassing and off trail riding is caused by the manufacturers (and the entire snowmobile industry) promoting off trail sleds is misguided. We promote different machines for different applications. We show machines being used in their legal operating environment. To suggest this is justification for illegal operation is insane. The obligation to use and operate your machine legally is the solely burden of the rider! Again, just because a hunter sees pictures or video of somebody elk hunting in Wyoming, do they step outside and try to do the same in their local neighborhood? Of course not! They know when and where they need to go to do the same."

"Trails get closed each year because of selfish riders. We just lost another one here in Minnesota at the end of November because someone went down a trail on private land before it was even open for the season. Some snowmobilers ignore signs all day long like they don’t read or understand the language. They know full well they are trespassing. They don’t care. Yet we blame the “industry” for encouraging such behavior? I blame social degeneration. The lack of respect. The loss of morals and personal responsibility. Yes, these habits of society are creeping into our beloved sport of snowmobiling. How sad." 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr