Check your account email address ×

My Local Paper

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Both. I think some here think Covid is a joke. That doesn't mean that I don't think it's an individual choice to get the vaccine or not.

As for the OP, as a business owner he is foolish to publicly post something like that given the current climate. Personally I would not publicly be pro or anti vax if I was still running a service business like that.  It's not like I spent about 25 years in the same business, lol

Some people find taking a stand is more important than perception.

Some people.............

17 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Common sense…you know that thing you clearly lack. Fuck for that matter seems you lack any type of sense. 

You're the exact type of person the guy in the ad wants to just walk the fuck on by.....

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Some people find taking a stand is more important than perception.

Some people.............

Taking a stand requires you to be a dink? Come on Moe. What did I do to you that you feel the need to lash out at me every time I post in one of these threads?

Isn't that asking a personal medical question?

I'd thought the anti vaxxers didn't want to answer that question?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Both. I think some here think Covid is a joke. That doesn't mean that I don't think it's an individual choice to get the vaccine or not.

As for the OP, as a business owner he is foolish to publicly post something like that given the current climate. Personally I would not publicly be pro or anti vax if I was still running a service business like that.  It's not like I spent about 25 years in the same business, lol

His points about our lack of trust in our media and government are key imo.  I'm just not sure I believe a fucking thing from this government any more.  If my understanding this vaccine (which I took) is correct, the ONLY point of it is to protect me if I come down with it.  I can still contract it and still transmit it, so if someone doesn't want a vaccine pushed by a government it no longer trusts, I completely understand that.  Its their risk and no one else's.  They have not made the case imo, and I strongly feel that we're not being told the whole truth, including that this was a man made virus, that Fauci had his hands in, and that it escaped the lab, either intentionally or accidentally.  We are in fucked up times right now, and until our government starts treating its citizens with a little more respect and earns our trust, this is how its going to be I''m afraid, and no amount of demonization of people who are skeptical of the vacc will help.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

His points about our lack of trust in our media and government are key imo.  I'm just not sure I believe a fucking thing from this government any more.  If my understanding this vaccine (which I took) is correct, the ONLY point of it is to protect me if I come down with it.  I can still contract it and still transmit it, so if someone doesn't want a vaccine pushed by a government it no longer trusts, I completely understand that.  Its their risk and no one else's.  They have not made the case imo, and I strongly feel that we're not being told the whole truth, including that this was a man made virus, that Fauci had his hands in, and that it escaped the lab, either intentionally or accidentally.  We are in fucked up times right now, and until our government starts treating its citizens with a little more respect and earns our trust, this is how its going to be I''m afraid, and no amount of demonization of people who are skeptical of the vacc will help.

Agreed Mark :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Taking a stand requires you to be a dink? Come on Moe. What did I do to you that you feel the need to lash out at me every time I post in one of these threads?

Because I get tired of the shit, and people using the 'common sense' line like they have some kind of superiority over those who disagree.

I don't run around calling people names or calling their decisions into question (except in jest early on). I don't need them in turn calling my decision 'not common sense'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Because I get tired of the shit, and people using the 'common sense' line like they have some kind of superiority over those who disagree.

I don't run around calling people names or calling their decisions into question (except in jest early on). I don't need them in turn calling my decision 'not common sense'.

I didn't mean to imply that not getting the vaccine wasn't using common sense. That would go against what I believe.  I was referring to the way some act here. Forum posts aren't always the best way to communicate :bc:

Also, there is WAY more people here preaching and posting anti-vax than preaching about getting the vax. I guess it's a good thing you have chosen that side or you would be going out of your fucking mind :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

good post

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Posting this here too as it relates to what Snake and many others think as well.

https://www.facebook.com/truenorthcentre/videos/212033260974002

5 hours ago, ckf said:

I didn't mean to imply that not getting the vaccine wasn't using common sense. That would go against what I believe.  I was referring to the way some act here. Forum posts aren't always the best way to communicate :bc:

Also, there is WAY more people here preaching and posting anti-vax than preaching about getting the vax. I guess it's a good thing you have chosen that side or you would be going out of your fucking mind :lol:

I haven't chosen a side.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I haven't chosen a side.

Of course you have. You show it here every day. I don't have any issues with whatever side you choose to be on vax, anti-vax, or don't care either way. I just don't think I deserve to be jumped on the way you did. If you think it was appropriate then so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Of course you have. You show it here every day. I don't have any issues with whatever side you choose to be on vax, anti-vax, or don't care either way. I just don't think I deserve to be jumped on the way you did. If you think it was appropriate then so be it.

I'm on my side. Which isn't yours or anyone else's.

Simply put, I am not going to fuck up antibodies with a vaccine with no track record.

So fuck the vaxxers, and fuck the anti vaxxers, for I am neither, and have neither the time nor the inclination to entertain shit from both.

As far as the OP.... the left has pulled shit like this forever. I think it is great what he did. It's his business and he gets to do as he sees fit and to chastise him is........ well, read the previous posts....

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'm on my side. Which isn't yours or anyone else's.

Simply put, I am not going to fuck up antibodies with a vaccine with no track record.

So fuck the vaxxers, and fuck the anti vaxxers, for I am neither, and have neither the time nor the inclination to entertain shit from both.

As far as the OP.... the left has pulled shit like this forever. I think it is great what he did. It's his business and he gets to do as he sees fit and to chastise him is........ well, read the previous posts....

Agreed 100% on the vaccine not being proven over the long term. I'm not pro or anti vaccine. I've said it here many times, check with your doctor and try to make the decision that is best for you.

As for the OP I've said that he has the right to do what he wants. I'm not sure if you have had any business experience in your life or not? As someone that has been in retail and service for most of my life, I think what he did is foolish as a small business owner. That was my point. Then I get jumped on for saying so. If I was still running a small business I wouldn't boast that I was pro vax either if I was in fact pro vax.

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed 100% on the vaccine not being proven over the long term. I'm not pro or anti vaccine. I've said it here many times, check with your doctor and try to make the decision that is best for you.

As for the OP I've said that he has the right to do what he wants. I'm not sure if you have had any business experience in your life or not? As someone that has been in retail and service for most of my life, I think what he did is foolish as a small business owner. That was my point. Then I get jumped on for saying so. If I was still running a small business I wouldn't boast that I was pro vax either if I was in fact pro vax.

There is a Lt Col with 17 years in who resigned over Afghanistan. I don't know if you know what 17 years in the military is like, but only an idiot (myself included) bails at that time. But he did it over his personal convictions and morals. Same thing only different in my book; putting what's important on the line when you feel you have to do what's right.

Was it foolish? Remains to be seen. But he has a thumbs up from me just for fighting back. (We can argue about 'fighting back' at another time)...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

There is a Lt Col with 17 years in who resigned over Afghanistan. I don't know if you know what 17 years in the military is like, but only an idiot (myself included) bails at that time. But he did it over his personal convictions and morals. Same thing only different in my book; putting what's important on the line when you feel you have to do what's right.

Was it foolish? Remains to be seen. But he has a thumbs up from me just for fighting back. (We can argue about 'fighting back' at another time)...

I respect you for standing up for what you believe in.

Maybe next time we could at least discuss it before telling me fuck off?  

15 hours ago, ckf said:

As someone that has been in retail and service for most of my life, I think what he did is foolish as a small business owner.

Florida diner that told Biden supporters to eat elsewhere becomes so popular it runs out of food

"If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere," the sign said in response to the death of 13 U.S. service members in a suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan during the United States’ withdrawal from the country.

"I’ve gotten so many people calling me from all over the world, from Europe, trying to purchase meals for veterans, which I still haven’t been able to organize," Ugarte told the Daytona Beach News-Journal. "I think that the veterans will be fed for the rest of the year at the rate I’m getting donations."

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

Florida diner that told Biden supporters to eat elsewhere becomes so popular it runs out of food

"If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere," the sign said in response to the death of 13 U.S. service members in a suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan during the United States’ withdrawal from the country.

"I’ve gotten so many people calling me from all over the world, from Europe, trying to purchase meals for veterans, which I still haven’t been able to organize," Ugarte told the Daytona Beach News-Journal. "I think that the veterans will be fed for the rest of the year at the rate I’m getting donations."

Sure there would be exceptions in certain communities, but I think @HSR
said that the business in the OP is the laughing stock of the community :news:

57 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yup people say you'll die from the fumes before covid anyways:lol: 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, ckf said:

FL is one of the most fucked up places anyways.  nothing is a surprise coming out of there.