Check your account email address ×

Pfizer BioNTech vaccine gets full FDA approval

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

The approval on Monday also paves the way for the Pentagon to mandate the vaccine among 1.3 million active-duty service members. Full licensure has been widely anticipated to boost confidence in those otherwise hesitant to receive the shot under emergency approval. U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" that full approval might lead to an increase in vaccination rate.

"There are universities and businesses that have been considering putting in vaccine requirements in order to create a safer workplace or learning environment," Murthy said. "And I think this announcement from the FDA would likely encourage them and make them feel more comfortable."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/fda-grants-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-full-approval

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I had exposure to two people that were severely effected by Covid. Sat in a smallish office space for several days with them up until the time that they got sick. I got my results back this morning. Negative. :) 

:lol: 

So much to work with here.  Maybe they can come up with an immediate test for those concerned about being around those “severely affected”?  Like, a pregnancy type test or something.  I can’t imagine the sleepless nights and anxiety you faced waiting on the results.  Weird though, why was a “fully vaccinated” person so worried?

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Still not getting vaccinated though, are you?

I never had any intention of it.  Never.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I had exposure to two people that were severely effected by Covid. Sat in a smallish office space for several days with them up until the time that they got sick. I got my results back this morning. Negative. :) 

I'd take a 2nd test , just to make sure. They aren't always right.

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So that's one NO

I feel so honored that you are so concerned for my well being.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You could have simply said no or not replied and saved a little bandwidth Drama queen.

:)

Who started the drama again?  :lol:   

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So much to work with here.  Maybe they can come up with an immediate test for those concerned about being around those “severely affected”?  Like, a pregnancy type test or something.  I can’t imagine the sleepless nights and anxiety you faced waiting on the results.  Weird though, why was a “fully vaccinated” person so worried?

I never had any intention of it.  Never.

Abbott has a quick test now. Takes a few minutes to get the results. My son is working for them this summer and takes one every Monday.

20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Abbott has a quick test now. Takes a few minutes to get the results. My son is working for them this summer and takes one every Monday.

Except there's a problem with this when people are no longer being tested with regularity. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/568859-abbott-directs-employees-to-dispose-of-rapid-covid-test-materials