Check your account email address ×

Late stage capitalism

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I'm not going to perform a whole bunch of emotional labor for you. I'd suggest watching a few videos made by actual Communists, or books written by them. 

It's really not that hard a concept to understand when you actually make an effort.

The Communist manifesto is a good place to start and it's pretty short. 

If it weren't for the constant interventionism from capitalist states, we may have seen such a thing.

Sadly, capitalism is deathly afraid of competiting ideologies. Somewhat ironic, I think.

It is interesting that communist countries live in poverty without access to capitalist markets 

2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

It is interesting that communist countries live in poverty without access to capitalist markets 

Best thing that ever happened to China was the end of HK as a British holding :news: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Don't laugh, it's already being discussed.

But it wouldn't be fair if one country had a larger UBI than others right?

He is correct I've seen this lunacy discussed.  "Here's a basic income to provide for your family, now go out and work." :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Typical capitalist, wants someone to do something for them for nothing so they can sit back and be lazy.

Go read some literature, maybe you'll get a better understanding. 

Typical of someone who feels that the lazy are entitled to the same as those who are not. You said the ditch diggers would take care of the doctors and the doctors would want for nothing. The doctors should have free choice of the rewards they have in compensation for their superior skills and knowledge over that of the ditch digger. Not what the ditch digger decides the doctor should or should not have.

You still refuse to describe the rose coloured utopia YOU want.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Typical of someone who feels that the lazy are entitled to the same as those who are not. You said the ditch diggers would take care of the doctors and the doctors would want for nothing. The doctors should have free choice of the rewards they have in compensation for their superior skills and knowledge over that of the ditch digger. Not what the ditch digger decides the doctor should or should not have.

You still refuse to describe the rose coloured utopia YOU want.

It's hilarious watching you try and explain communism to an actual communist.

image.jpeg

15895862_688804444614621_8376007899937425372_o.jpg

I have a toilet similar to that! They are the BOMB.COM!!!  No TP and a clean ass every time!!

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

You would still have the ditch digger and you would still have the eye surgeon but they would all be equal. They would all live in equal housing, all drive equal vehicles and have equal lifestyles. There you have it... do away with the lower, middle and upper class lifestyles.

Now what motivation would there be for the eye surgeon to get the education, develop the skills and endure the stress of the job when he fares no better in life than the ditch digger.

Do you think doctors get into their profession just for the money?

Every Dr. I have ever known, and that is more than 10, go into it for the $

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

That would only be part of the equation when they choose their profession. They also would want to be compensated appropriately in accordance with their skill level and the amount of education and training that goes into getting there. They are not totally altruistic.

In general, doctors complete a 4-year undergraduate degree program, spend 4 years in medical school, and then complete 3-7 years of residency training before they are eligible for medical licensing.

In your delusion they should go through all of that just to have the same lifestyle as the ditch digger.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The people will treat them very well if they're good doctors. They will want for very little, as will everyone else.

The reason they become doctors IS because they want more in life.  Five of my good friends are doctors ranging from gen practitioner to radiologist to anesthesiologist and this is the case for sure.  This example you put up simply isn't the trait of someone who works hard to become successful. 

44 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's hilarious watching you try and explain communism to an actual communist.

image.jpeg

Yet you refuse to describe your vision of Utopia. Still waiting for your perception of communism. Why do you avoid it so much? So you said no one will want for anything in your fantasy land. Does that mean that

Everyone can eat a fine steak whenever they want, drive around in a Cadillac, have a 3,000 sq. ft. home, a 2000 sq, ft. cottage, a few boats and snowmobiles. Actually there is a couple of brothers on our lake. They have their 3500 sq. ft. summer homes beside each other and arrive in their personal 4 door helicopter. They have matching 32 ft. centre console boats with 3, 300 hp engines on the back. If this is your Utopia and I can have that sign me up.

Or is it more like

Everyone gets to eat a lot of rice, potatoes and chicken, a steak is a special treat that you get once a year, everyone lives in an 800 sq. ft. cabin and rides bicycles to get around most of the time because they get enough gas to drive their Toyota Corolla only once a month. No summer home, no boats, no snowmobiles, real basics of existence only. If this is your Utopia no thanks.... I'll put in the extra effort for the things I want and strike a balance of satisfaction in what I am able to acquire for my pleasuret compared to what I have to do to acquire those things.

Edited by 02sled

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

That would only be part of the equation when they choose their profession. They also would want to be compensated appropriately in accordance with their skill level and the amount of education and training that goes into getting there. They are not totally altruistic.

In general, doctors complete a 4-year undergraduate degree program, spend 4 years in medical school, and then complete 3-7 years of residency training before they are eligible for medical licensing.

In your delusion they should go through all of that just to have the same lifestyle as the ditch digger.

if you look at how much time docs take out of th workplace you really need to chase a high paying specialty for it to be worthwhile.  But moto would be ok with students for life as an acceptable "job" his his utopian nightmare.  

:lol:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am trying very hard to make my kid understand that material items do not bring happiness. That shopping is not a hobby. Life has so much to offer when you look beyond a mall.

25 minutes ago, Boered said:

I am trying very hard to make my kid understand that material items do not bring happiness. That shopping is not a hobby. Life has so much to offer when you look beyond a mall.

Oh bullshit, when a man goes shopping for any motorized toy, it brings happiness. :lmao::bc:

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

But it wouldn't be fair if one country had a larger UBI than others right?

He is correct I've seen this lunacy discussed.  "Here's a basic income to provide for your family, now go out and work." :lol:  

UBI is capitalism's too little too late response to the realization of its own inherent contradictions

14 hours ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you want to make the case of slave labor in other countries be my guest but comparing those places to here just makes you look retarded.  

11 hours ago, motonoggin said:

UBI is capitalism's too little too late response to the realization of its own inherent contradictions

The only places I hear any minor discussions about it is in Scandinavian countries.

250,000,000 American's not on SS.  If EVERYONE gets a UBI check of $15k thats $3.75 Trillion on top of what is already collected or will you only pay UBI to certain people. :lol:  

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The only places I hear any minor discussions about it is in Scandinavian countries.

250,000,000 American's not on SS.  If EVERYONE gets a UBI check of $15k thats $3.75 Trillion on top of what is already collected or will you only pay UBI to certain people. :lol:  

I'm not proposing it, I'm just telling you that it's coming. Elon Musk raised the question not too long ago as a response to the inevitable automation of almost all production.

The completely imbalanced macroeconomic demand/supply equation demands it. As this imbalance increases, calls for UBI from capitalists who are terrified of pitchforks will increase.

23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I'm not proposing it, I'm just telling you that it's coming. Elon Musk raised the question not too long ago as a response to the inevitable automation of almost all production.

The completely imbalanced macroeconomic demand/supply equation demands it. As this imbalance increases, calls for UBI from capitalists who are terrified of pitchforks will increase.

It is already happening here in Canada as a pilot project to replace welfare. Bums seem to want it...

5 minutes ago, Boered said:

It is already happening here in Canada as a pilot project to replace welfare. Bums seem to want it...

And the liberals will cheer when it happens. 

This is how liberals enable capitalism and continue the ride toward fascism.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And the liberals will cheer when it happens. 

This is how liberals enable capitalism and continue the ride toward fascism.

So how does your form of Communism stop technology from taking over the means of production?

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So how does your form of Communism stop technology from taking over the means of production?

It doesn't. Eventually all production will be automated and very little human labor will be required to maintain the means of production. 

At that point we can transition to full luxury space communism.

19 hours ago, 02sled said:

Yet you refuse to describe your vision of Utopia. Still waiting for your perception of communism. Why do you avoid it so much? So you said no one will want for anything in your fantasy land. Does that mean that

Everyone can eat a fine steak whenever they want, drive around in a Cadillac, have a 3,000 sq. ft. home, a 2000 sq, ft. cottage, a few boats and snowmobiles. Actually there is a couple of brothers on our lake. They have their 3500 sq. ft. summer homes beside each other and arrive in their personal 4 door helicopter. They have matching 32 ft. centre console boats with 3, 300 hp engines on the back. If this is your Utopia and I can have that sign me up.

Or is it more like

Everyone gets to eat a lot of rice, potatoes and chicken, a steak is a special treat that you get once a year, everyone lives in an 800 sq. ft. cabin and rides bicycles to get around most of the time because they get enough gas to drive their Toyota Corolla only once a month. No summer home, no boats, no snowmobiles, real basics of existence only. If this is your Utopia no thanks.... I'll put in the extra effort for the things I want and strike a balance of satisfaction in what I am able to acquire for my pleasuret compared to what I have to do to acquire those things.

You keep saying your Communist Utopia would be wonderful but refuse to describe it. I asked the question above but you just skipped by. Is that because you want to avoid how bleak life would be. I ask again... just a high level description of life in your Utopia. Or are you afraid to admit how lack luster it would be.

It doesn't. Eventually all production will be automated and very little human labor will be required to maintain the means of production. 

At that point we can transition to full luxury space communism.

So the machines design and make the machines that make the products.   Sounds like Skynet to me. :lol:   We better make sure it doesn't become self aware.