Check your account email address ×

Texas Democrats walk off the job

Seems no one wants to work anymore.  These fucks are as bad as the Wisconsin democrats when Act 10 was being voted on. 

Texas Democrats in the state House have left Texas and arrived in Washington D.C. in an effort to again block a GOP attempt to pass voting restrictions in the special legislative session that started last week.

At least 51 of the 67 Democratic representatives were in the process of leaving, most on charter flights from Austin's airport Monday afternoon. The House is set to reconvene Tuesday morning, but the absent Democrats would mean there will not be enough members present to conduct business under House rules.

Democrats — who are the minority party — walked out in the final hours of the regular legislative session in May, causing the House to lose its quorum and killing the voting legislation.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/12/texas-democrats-walk-out-voting-bill/

attempt to pass voting restrictions

nuff said about the link 

Those were emergency mesuers put in place because of the covid well really because of the lack of enthusiasm for Joe 

never sold as  to be permanently installed 

and again with the race card .really minority people can't get to a polling place in a 16 hr window ? Or drop there absentee ballot at a box with a election official ie County city worker the fr desk person present ? And they are so fuckung stupid they can't request a absentee ballot they have to have it sent to them automatically? I would be insulted if that was what they were saying about me . But I guess they figure if people are to stupid to figure out how to send in a absentee ballot they are to stupid to be offended . 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Reducing voting rights for Americans is GOOD!

Copying liberal states voting rules is bad?

17 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Don’t show up for your job your fired!!

pretty simple!

cast your vote if your in the minority vote you loose but no throw a fit and leave!!

No no no, haven't you heard??  Protest to get your way - scream louder than everyone else - and if need be, start a fire!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Says the anti vaxer. I’m sure they were all vaccinated.

:lol:  Not an anti-vaxer.   I'm anti anything for healthy people.....especially EUA vaccines that use technology that has had little long term testing.   

I actually encouraged my oldest son to get vaccinated as every cold he gets goes straight to his chest.   Every fall he ends up with bronchitis.   I also encouraged my 77 yo mother to get the vaccine.  You just fail to comprehend my correct stance. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Clue….there was no voter fraud according to Republican officials.

The president of a local civil rights group said he "regrets" calling a convicted voting felon to the stage during the Cincinnati launch of the Ohio Voters Bills of Rights petition drive.

Bishop Bobby Hilton called Melowese Richardson, who recently was released from prison after being convicted of voter fraud, to the stage on March 20, drawing criticism from both parties.

Many in the audience of more than 600 stood and cheered as Hilton and the Rev. Al Sharpton – the keynote speaker – hugged Richardson.

Richardson, 58, of Madisonville, was convicted last spring on four counts of illegal voting and sentenced to five years in prison. The charges say she twice voted in the 2012 election and voted three times in past elections on behalf of her sister, who has been in a coma since 2003.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

The president of a local civil rights group said he "regrets" calling a convicted voting felon to the stage during the Cincinnati launch of the Ohio Voters Bills of Rights petition drive.

Bishop Bobby Hilton called Melowese Richardson, who recently was released from prison after being convicted of voter fraud, to the stage on March 20, drawing criticism from both parties.

Many in the audience of more than 600 stood and cheered as Hilton and the Rev. Al Sharpton – the keynote speaker – hugged Richardson.

Richardson, 58, of Madisonville, was convicted last spring on four counts of illegal voting and sentenced to five years in prison. The charges say she twice voted in the 2012 election and voted three times in past elections on behalf of her sister, who has been in a coma since 2003.

The Topic is TEXAS 2020 Einstein 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Says the anti vaxer. I’m sure they were all vaccinated.

You go ahead and try to get on a plane just flashing your vaccine card and no mask, dumbfuck. I hope you end up in cuffs at a security desk just like your lib base wants. 

23 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Abbot says they are all getting arrested when they come back. Not sure under what precedent he can do that but I don’t know the law that well, I guess. 

Sen Cruz laid it all out this afternoon. Try to see if you can find vid.