Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

28 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Need to find sponsorship for the 10 if you do that....like her or not Danica attracts sponsors.

Cuz "T AND A" baby!!!!!  

'MERICA!!!!!!!

:bc:

ok...I'm back out. :lmao:

41 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Need to find sponsorship for the 10 if you do that....like her or not Danica attracts sponsors.

That is unfortunately the way higher level racing is, you either need family money or corporate money backing you to make a go of it.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racinfarmer said:

That is unfortunately the way higher level racing is, you either need family money or corporate money backing you to make a go of it.  

Yep....Paul Menard is a prime example.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yep....Paul Menard is a prime example.

He is doing better then I expected, but yes he is.  The kids race shop used to be right at the entrance to the company headquarters, so you'd drive in and the first thing you'd see is 2-3 NASCAR sized haulers to go race a asphalt late model with.   

Then again, if my old man was willing to bankroll that, I'd sure as hell do it too!

Edited by racinfarmer

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

He is doing better then I expected, but yes he is.  The kids race shop used to be right at the entrance to the company headquarters, so you'd drive in and the first thing you'd see is 2-3 NASCAR sized haulers to go race a asphalt late model with.   

Then again, if my old man was willing to bankroll that, I'd sure as hell do it too!

You guys dont race anymore?

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

You guys dont race anymore?

I have been a bit, but not very much.  My youngest brother has been when he has time and still manages 2-3 nights a week.  My middle brother hasn't for a few years and doesn't even own a car (like daily driver car).

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I have been a bit, but not very much.  My youngest brother has been when he has time and still manages 2-3 nights a week.  My middle brother hasn't for a few years and doesn't even own a car (like daily driver car).

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Oh no doubt and yeah he isn't awful by any means.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Slowly loosing the ambition and drive, I guess.  :flush:

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Oh no doubt and yeah he isn't awful by any means.

He old man has done quite a bit for racing in the US, IMO.  I'd guess there would be one less team in Cup and the Trucks if it wasn't for him, probably Xfinity too.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Slowly loosing the ambition and drive, I guess.  :flush:

He old man has done quite a bit for racing in the US, IMO.  I'd guess there would be one less team in Cup and the Trucks if it wasn't for him, probably Xfinity too.  

Good point and he used to be heavily involved in Indycar before the split.

Kyle Busch to race in Vermont Governor's Cup at Thunder Road

BARRE, Vt. - Vermont’s Thunder Road speedway says 2015 NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch is coming to race in the Vermont Governor’s Cup 150 on July 13.

It will be the first time the Las Vegas native visits the quarter-mile oval in Barre.

Busch will be driving a car prepared by four-time Vermont Governor’s Cup winner Nick Sweet.

Busch is joining a list of NASCAR drivers who have attempted the race in recent years, including Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer and Ken Schrader.

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Kyle Busch to race in Vermont Governor's Cup at Thunder Road

BARRE, Vt. - Vermont’s Thunder Road speedway says 2015 NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch is coming to race in the Vermont Governor’s Cup 150 on July 13.

It will be the first time the Las Vegas native visits the quarter-mile oval in Barre.

Busch will be driving a car prepared by four-time Vermont Governor’s Cup winner Nick Sweet.

Busch is joining a list of NASCAR drivers who have attempted the race in recent years, including Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer and Ken Schrader.

Sweet! You going?

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sweet! You going?

Probably not. My father in law is in southern VT with his son that was in a motorcycle crash. He would be the only one that would be interested in going. I hope the VT Governor is in the race and boots Busch for the win, LOL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Probably not. My father in law is in southern VT with his son that was in a motorcycle crash. He would be the only one that would be interested in going. I hope the VT Governor is in the race and boots Busch for the win, LOL.

Is he ok i hope?

I wonder how much they're paying shrub to show up....

28 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Is he ok i hope?

He's still in ICU. I think he will be fine after everything has a chance to heal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Trucks from Kentucky on tonight.

I'm trying to find a stream. Is it raining?

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was but they are drying the track and should be going green soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Go to live tv on sportsdevil....then try to find fs1 on one of those links

14 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Go to live tv....then try to find fs1 on one of those links

found it on Stopstream

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Up until a few months ago Ken Squire was co-owner of the track. For a number of years he has pulled in a name driver just before the NH cup race. Just a guess but I doubt the track could afford to pay. KB has raced late models in the NE before winning the prestigious Oxford 250 a few years ago. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sael said:

Up until a few months ago Ken Squire was co-owner of the track. For a number of years he has pulled in a name driver just before the NH cup race. Just a guess but I doubt the track could afford to pay. KB has raced late models in the NE before winning the prestigious Oxford 250 a few years ago. 

4 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Is he ok i hope?

Depends on who you know.  Tony Stewart has raced late models in Fargo a couple times when Donny Schatz's dad was track promoter.  A couple other drivers have been in the area too, but it was vacation and not for racing.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on who you know.  Tony Stewart has raced late models in Fargo a couple times when Donny Schatz's dad was track promoter.  A couple other drivers have been in the area too, but it was vacation and not for racing.  

Ken Squire has some serious pull but with the new owners that pull might end. Besides the named drivers others have raced here and Petty and Allison have done autograph sessions. These guys don't always race for the bucks which is great for the little bullring fans. 

8 minutes ago, Sael said:

Ken Squire has some serious pull but with the new owners that pull might end. Besides the named drivers others have raced here and Petty and Allison have done autograph sessions. These guys don't always race for the bucks which is great for the little bullring fans. 

As much as I like getting some of the big names at the local tracks, I'd rather have some of the drivers that run a bunch of World of Outlaws or Lucas Oil shows drop in from time to time.  Hard to get those guys when a local show, even in the top class, probably pays less then $1500 to win.   

Not sure what the asphalt guys would be, buy probably Whelen or ASA?