Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I think he originally had his old crew chief when he first moved to Hendricks.

He hasn't been the same driver since the crew chief change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Last year there were rumors that VW was interested in Nascar :dunno:

I can't see the typical VW owner having any interest in NASCAR.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

At one time, there was a rumor going around the NASCAR was going to have a series for Mini Coopers.  

:lol:

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I can't see the typical VW owner having any interest in NASCAR.

:iagree:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Im a typical vw owner. :news:

You're in the minority then. The vast majority of vehicles in the parking lots are "Detroit 3" brands. Then go into the campgrounds & 99% of the tow vehicles are the same. Very few if any Titans or Tundras.

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lol:

:iagree:

Keep in mind, this was back in the late 90's or very early 2000's.  They'd essentially be completing against the INEX Legend cars (basically a feeder series).  I'd imagine a Mini you could hold pretty much balls wide open around most of the Cup tracks.

Anyone have Larson last week?

#42-Kyle Larson, the points leader in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, was fined 35 driver points and crew chief Chad Johnston suspended three races and fined $75,000 after NASCAR found that the #42 Chevy from the Kentucky race had an illegal rear brake cooling assembly. The 2nd place race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Ductwork or other devices are not allowed to pass
from one area of the interior of the vehicle to another or to the outside of the vehicle. The team was assessed with the loss of 35 owner points. The loss of points drop Larson from 1st in the drivers points standings to 2nd, now 34 behind #78-Truex Jr.

Also fined was #18-Kyle Busch's crew chief, Adam Stevens, was fined $10,000 for one loose lugnut

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

Anyone have Larson last week?

#42-Kyle Larson, the points leader in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, was fined 35 driver points and crew chief Chad Johnston suspended three races and fined $75,000 after NASCAR found that the #42 Chevy from the Kentucky race had an illegal rear brake cooling assembly. The 2nd place race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Ductwork or other devices are not allowed to pass
from one area of the interior of the vehicle to another or to the outside of the vehicle. The team was assessed with the loss of 35 owner points. The loss of points drop Larson from 1st in the drivers points standings to 2nd, now 34 behind #78-Truex Jr.

Also fined was #18-Kyle Busch's crew chief, Adam Stevens, was fined $10,000 for one loose lugnut

Hopefully guys ahead of me did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Would Larson's car have passed pre-race inspection?

NASCAR & DW are probably pissing themselves now that Truex is leading.

Whys that?

They seem to think him winning the majority of stages is a wonderful development. People got sick of JJ winning all the time. This will go the same way.

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

They seem to think him winning the majority of stages is a wonderful development. People got sick of JJ winning all the time. This will go the same way.

Ah...ic...well..JJs season starts to get serious once the chase starts....i predict #8 this yr

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ah...ic...well..JJs season starts to get serious once the chase starts....i predict #8 this yr

I predict that you should shut your whore mouth with that show off talk!

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

I predict that you should shut your whore mouth with that show off talk!

Ah Jim...you would think you would know what im doing. :lmao:

58 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Fiat a no go for a Al Bundy  dodge return to francecar , VW out also .....http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20048765/dodge-return-nascar   :read:

Don't blame them....seems to be a dying sport.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Don't blame them....seems to be a dying sport.

Not sure if what I've suggested the last couple years would work or not to start turning it around, but IMO, it is better than the direction they have chosen to go.

• Like 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Not sure if what I've suggested the last couple years would work or not to start turning it around, but IMO, it is better than the direction they have chosen to go.

Yeah at this point what you have been suggesting would be an improvement.

• Gold Member

Dealership bought cars with glass removed, a roll cage, racing seat and harness installed. Is the only way to save nascar....  mustang, Camaro, and challenger.  No supercharger or turbos and displacement limits.

• Like 1