Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kentucky is a race that probably needs to go.

It blows....Iowa is 7/8 oval that has a truck and Busch race and Indycar is running there tomorrow....needs a cup race.

Edited by Biggie Smails

10 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

8 cars on lead lap and Truex with a 15 second lead...what a fucking joke and I don't care what Jeff Burton says.

I was at the race in NH years ago when Burton led every single lap. Talk about boring.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Austrian F1 race on CNBC right now. :bc:

I forgot all about it :wall:

Just now, ckf said:

I was at the race in NH years ago when Burton led every single lap. Talk about boring.

I forgot all about it :wall:

I even started a a separate thread about it...the finish actually had some excitement. Vettel was closing on Bottas and Ricciardo held off Hamilton for 3rd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

He had a good run Saturday night....hopefully he finds another quality ride.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

He had a good run Saturday night....hopefully he finds another quality ride.

It's getting harder to find a ride unless you can bring a sponsor with you. I was reading an article about Furniture Row Racing may not run a second car next year when Erik Jones goes back to JGR.because of the lack of sponsorship

NASCAR Rumors: Matt Kenseth Still Leader To Replace Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Matt Kenseth doesn’t officially have a ride lined up for next season, but it doesn’t sound like he needs to worry. Yet another report has tied the soon-to-be-former Joe Gibbs Racing driver to the soon-to-be-vacant seat left by Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsports. The 45-year-old is expected to join Hendrick, Motorsport.com’s Al Pearce reported Saturday, taking over for Earnhardt in the No. 88. The reaction from Earnhardt fans on social media to similar, earlier reports suggested this wouldn’t be a popular move, but it probably wouldn’t be a long-term commitment. Kenseth would be keeping the seat warm, in essence, for William Byron, who has made a quick rise through the Camping World Truck Series and Xfinity Series ranks. “A number of sources in the (Cup) garage were saying Kenseth will drive the No. 88 Chevrolet when Junior retires next year,” Pearce wrote. “It’ll be a ‘placeholder’ deal for no more than two years while… Byron prepares to move up to Cup in Chevrolets from Hendrick Motorsports.” With Erik Jones set to slide into the No. 20 Toyota with JGR, Kenseth therefore could find himself in his third different manufacturer in seven years, as he previously raced Fords for Roush Fenway Racing before joining Gibbs’ Toyota operation in 2013. Alex Bowman, who filled in ably in the No. 88 during Earnhardt’s concussion-related absence in 2016, might not be left out, either. It’s an open secret that Hendrick would like to part ways with Kasey Kahne, possibly opening up a space for Bowman in the No. 5.

http://nesn.com/2017/07/nascar-rumors-matt-kenseth-still-leader-to-replace-dale-earnhardt-jr/

• Like 1

Good to hear Bowman will get a good ride(hopefully) and the Kenseth move makes sense as Byron is a talented kid who just needs a little seasoning. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Good to hear Bowman will get a good ride(hopefully) and the Kenseth move makes sense as Byron is a talented kid who just needs a little seasoning. 

That scenario would suck for Kahne. I really think he has more talent than the results show. For whatever reason he hasn't been able to get it done since moving to HMS :dunno:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

That scenario would suck for Kahne. I really think he has more talent than the results show. For whatever reason he hasn't been able to get it done since moving to HMS :dunno:

Yeah not sure what has happened to him at Hendrick.....just hasn't clicked for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah not sure what has happened to him at Hendrick.....just hasn't clicked for whatever reason.

I think he originally had his old crew chief when he first moved to Hendricks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/nascar-aggressively-pursuing-new-manufactures/

Get Dodge back in the series. Probably wind up w/ Nissan or Mitsubishi (eyeroll). That'll add more eyeballs watching LOL

They should welcome any manufacturer willing to dump money into the sport with open arms.  They cut the fields for 43 to 40 and struggle to get 40 cars at some of the races.

• Like 2