Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

On 7/15/2023 at 12:03 AM, racinfarmer said:

Looks like mid-week is the Clash.

We won't be within 1500 miles of 141 and both cars need some help before they see the track again.

I see Mike Mullen won the Clash last Wednesday at 141

FB_IMG_1690217709192.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Doug said:

He will also the one crying the loudest when the rolls are reversed that he wasn’t raced with respect.

Oh I agree. Plenty of the boys like to cry….lol

1 hour ago, Doug said:

You know he kinda took it that extra little bit I guess to make it a little bit dirty and you know I didn’t so maybe that’s the difference why he won and I didn’t.”

Sounds to me like Truex is saying that Denny crossed the Dirty line by a small bit but in the end he got the win so sometimes that what you have to do. Bring on the consequences. It is what it is.

Hey, I had Larson in the pool and Denny's move screwed me. But I understand going the extra to get the win when you see it in front of you.

The only time that was unacceptable to me was when Earnhardt took out my hero, Terry Labonte, at Bristol.  Rattle his cage my ass.   :wind:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

NASCAR] has been rebuilding in the years since 2008, and while it may never reach the levels of popularity it once enjoyed by many measures it is doing quite well.

One measure that hasn’t been apparent though is how well NASCAR is doing financially.

Recently, however, GlobalData, released The Business of NASCAR 2023, a report by its intelligence center, a copy of which was provided to Forbes. The report provides an analysis of the current business landscape in NASCAR, a peek under the financial hood if you will. It not only shows the sport is doing quite well financially, but some surprises as well.

In 2008 130 of all Fortune 500 companies were NASCAR sponsors. In 2023, there is a portfolio of 58 deals, led by Sunoco as an official supplier as it has been across all three of the top tier series since 2004: it’s a sponsorship worth $26.25 million annually. Goodyear Tire & Rubber company ranks as the second largest partner in the NASCAR portfolio, supplying all teams in the top three with tires for the 2023 season and serving as the title sponsor for the Goodyear 400 race in Darlington, in a deal worth an annual $25 million.

The largest sponsor is Xfinity, which invests $35 million annually. Xfinity appears twice in the portfolio, the first being a 10 year $20 million a year deal which Xfinity serves as the title sponsor of NASCAR’s second series and a second deal worth $15 million a year as estimated by GlobalData where Xfinity serves as one of NASCAR’s Premier Partners alongside Coca-Cola , Busch Light, and GEICO. The three other Premier Partnerships are valued at $15 million each.

When to comes to the 16 teams that compete in the top-tier Cup series there have been quite a few changes since 2009. In 2009 there were 10 teams with Hendrick Motorsports leading the way with an estimated $195 million in revenue. Team Penske is on top of the 2023 rankings with 38 sponsors with an estimated annual sponsorship revenue of $140.94 million, which also includes crossover deals with Roger Penske’s IndyCar team. Hendrick is now fourth with five sponsors and an estimated sponsorship revenue of $92.67 million.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

NASCAR] has been rebuilding in the years since 2008, and while it may never reach the levels of popularity it once enjoyed by many measures it is doing quite well.

One measure that hasn’t been apparent though is how well NASCAR is doing financially.

Recently, however, GlobalData, released The Business of NASCAR 2023, a report by its intelligence center, a copy of which was provided to Forbes. The report provides an analysis of the current business landscape in NASCAR, a peek under the financial hood if you will. It not only shows the sport is doing quite well financially, but some surprises as well.

In 2008 130 of all Fortune 500 companies were NASCAR sponsors. In 2023, there is a portfolio of 58 deals, led by Sunoco as an official supplier as it has been across all three of the top tier series since 2004: it’s a sponsorship worth $26.25 million annually. Goodyear Tire & Rubber company ranks as the second largest partner in the NASCAR portfolio, supplying all teams in the top three with tires for the 2023 season and serving as the title sponsor for the Goodyear 400 race in Darlington, in a deal worth an annual $25 million.

The largest sponsor is Xfinity, which invests $35 million annually. Xfinity appears twice in the portfolio, the first being a 10 year $20 million a year deal which Xfinity serves as the title sponsor of NASCAR’s second series and a second deal worth $15 million a year as estimated by GlobalData where Xfinity serves as one of NASCAR’s Premier Partners alongside Coca-Cola , Busch Light, and GEICO. The three other Premier Partnerships are valued at $15 million each.

When to comes to the 16 teams that compete in the top-tier Cup series there have been quite a few changes since 2009. In 2009 there were 10 teams with Hendrick Motorsports leading the way with an estimated $195 million in revenue. Team Penske is on top of the 2023 rankings with 38 sponsors with an estimated annual sponsorship revenue of $140.94 million, which also includes crossover deals with Roger Penske’s IndyCar team. Hendrick is now fourth with five sponsors and an estimated sponsorship revenue of $92.67 million.

Was surprised to see Sunoco as a lead for the official suppliers.  What's interesting is believe Sunoco has been sold twice since 2004.  I think there is only 1 or 2 years left in the current contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Was surprised to see Sunoco as a lead for the official suppliers.  What's interesting is believe Sunoco has been sold twice since 2004.  I think there is only 1 or 2 years left in the current contract.

Sunoco surprised me, too. We definitely hear more about the Goodyear tires during the broadcast than the Sunoco race fuel.

• Like 1

Interesting.  AJ Allmendiger will running the Xfinity Race at Elkhart Lake Road America and miss practice and qualifying for the Cup race in Richmond.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Interesting.  AJ Allmendiger will running the Xfinity Race at Elkhart Lake Road America and miss practice and qualifying for the Cup race in Richmond.

I just saw this…seems like a bad idea considering he’s 17th in Cup Points.😉

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's usually the other way around. Any idea why they are putting Xfinity ahead of Cup?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just saw this…seems like a bad idea considering he’s 17th in Cup Points.😉

Would seem better to keep him at Richmond.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's usually the other way around. Any idea why they are putting Xfinity ahead of Cup?

Said it was Kaulig's decision and not AJ's.  Maybe a sponsor's input??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Would seem better to keep him at Richmond.

Agreed. Kinda makes you wonder what's going on over there. Justin leaving for RWR and now this. Could they be getting away from Cup next year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Agreed. Kinda makes you wonder what's going on over there. Justin leaving for RWR and now this. Could they be getting away from Cup next year?

Seems like something going on the background.  They didn't have sponsorship lined up for Justin and LeafGuard is on the cars alot so basically self funded.

Lease out the chapters next year and regroup?  I know they talked AJ into running a full season again in Cup.

I'll be at Road America tomorrow setting up for the Xfinity race.

• Like 2

Xfinity inspection garage. 

Truck driver said 2 guys quite and left in the middle of the weekend at Pocono because of little Hitler.  All the bosses are having a conference call next week to discuss the resent moral of the teams.  

20230727_134314.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

Xfinity inspection garage. 

Truck driver said 2 guys quite and left in the middle of the weekend at Pocono because of little Hitler.  All the bosses are having a conference call next week to discuss the resent moral of the teams.  

20230727_134314.jpg

Sounds like he might be on his way out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Shrub takes the checkered flag in the SRX Race at The Motor Mile in Pulaski Virginia…in other news Paul Tracy still sucks.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shrub takes the checkered flag in the SRX Race at The Motor Mile in Pulaski Virginia…in other news Paul Tracy still sucks.😂

Just seen the end of it.  Schroeder said he's done and won't race with Tracey.

• Like 1

2023 Cup team sponsorship income, interesting that the 2 car RCR team has the second highest income. 

IMG_3150.thumb.png.a17407be243ac5572f432982f54b28bd.png

Edited by Sael
  • Like 4