Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hell Yeah!🍉

Noticed when Ross won he was talking about drinking beer in victory lane and noticed everybody was drinking Busch Lite during the celebration.

Hope SHR has something lined up for Berry.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hell Yeah!🍉

Good fit :bc:

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Noticed when Ross won he was talking about drinking beer in victory lane and noticed everybody was drinking Busch Lite during the celebration.

Hope SHR has something lined up for Berry.

One would think that they had a sponsor signed when they signed him :dunno:

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good fit :bc:

One would think that they had a sponsor signed when they signed him :dunno:

In one of Tony's press conference announcing Berry he made the statement that they are reaching out to their current inhouse sponsors and possible outside sponsors for Berry's car.  They didn't want to have Haas Automation for the majority of the races.  Either way the car will be on the track.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

In one of Tony's press conference announcing Berry he made the statement that they are reaching out to their current inhouse sponsors and possible outside sponsors for Berry's car.  They didn't want to have Haas Automation for the majority of the races.  Either way the car will be on the track.

Berry seems to be a likeable guy. Maybe he can bring something to the table :dunno:

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

59 minutes ago, ckf said:

Berry seems to be a likeable guy. Maybe he can bring something to the table :dunno:

I think he is bringing Tire Pros to SHR but I might be mistaken.

• Like 2

USAC in the late 60's early 70's actually had a Stock car division and a good following more in the Midwest.  This was similar in popularity as Nascar down Sth.  Here's a pick and some of the top drivers from 1971

USAC 1970.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Looks like a nice track.  

Looked it up on MRP and saw that Mullens are racing there.  Do they still make the Madman chassis?

It's a nice wide track and normally don't wreck much.  Little disappointed. The track had a good low and mid groove and the high groove was a little rough but guys were still using it and making passes.  After the heats and LCQ weather was coming and then they decided to grade the outside grooved for about 30 minutes.  Was 8 laps left on the IMCA stock car feature which was a good race and they never got the mod feature in before rain came in.

Mullens are no longer building the Madman chassis and I believe they are running David Stremme's Lethal chassis I'm sure with their touch.

20230714_213057.jpg

Edited by Doug

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's a nice wide track and normally don't wreck much.  Little disappointed.  The track had a good low and mid groove and the high groove was a little rough but guys were still using it and making passes.  After the heats and LCQ weather was coming and then they decided to grade the outside side grooved for about 30 minutes.  Was 8 laps left on the IMCA stock car feature which was a good race and they never got the mod feature in before rain came in.

Mullens are no longer building the Madman chassis and I believe they are running David Stremme's Lethal chassis I'm sure with their touch.

20230714_213057.jpg

I ran one of their chassis for 2 years.  It was a good car, but felt others fit me better.

There is a track here that has become notoriously bad at farming the track. 

One night it was over 2 hours, last night it was 90+ minutes.

I'd have loaded up and left if I'd have been there.

On the flip side, we raced Deer Creek a while back when rain went from possible to imminent.  They got a full show of racing done in 2 hours 15 minutes, including b-mains.  Start pouring out as I was closing up the hauler.  

Edited by racinfarmer

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I ran one of their chassis for 2 years.  It was a good car, but felt others fit me better.

There is a track here that has become notoriously bad at farming the track. 

One night it was over 2 hours, last night it was 90+ minutes.

I'd have loaded up and left if I'd have been there.

On the flip side, we raced Deer Creek a while back when rain went from possible to imminent.  They got a full show of racing done in 2 hours 15 minutes, including b-mains.  Start pouring out as I was closing up the hauler.  

141 speedway has a 10K to win IMCA stock car special tomorrow.  My schedule just never seems to line up to get there.  Talking to the guy behind me thought he said they had 128 cars last Saturday and even with a short rain delay they still had all the races in before 10:00.  Alway hear good reports on the way the program is run and the track prep from there.

Tonight if they wouldn't have graded the track they had a good chance to get the full show in.  The IMCA stock car and mod features were both 1000.00 to win tonight and the mod would have been a good race I think.

Edited by Doug

38 minutes ago, Doug said:

141 speedway has a 10K to win IMCA stock car special tomorrow.  My schedule just never seems to line up to get there.  Talking to the guy behind me thought he said they had 128 cars last Saturday and even with a short rain delay they still had all the races in before 10:00.  Alway hear good reports on the way the program is run and the track prep from there.

Tonight if they wouldn't have graded the track they had a good chance to get the full show in.  The IMCA stock car and mod features were both 1000.00 to win tonight and the mod would have been a good race I think.

Looks like mid-week is the Clash.

We won't be within 1500 miles of 141 and both cars need some help before they see the track again.

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We won't be within 1500 miles of 141 and both cars need some help before they see the track again.

This is only the 2nd local race I've been to this year.  Busy this weekend and early part of the week.  Heading up Nth next weekend.  Then working Road America Xfinity Race the following week/weekend.  They do have a IRA sprint car special at Plymouth that Friday we'll go to.

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Curious why no 141?

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

6am tomorrow we are leaving for a 18 day road trip out West.

Enjoy and good luck.  Your own private hell tour with the mod?