Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I ran one of their chassis for 2 years.  It was a good car, but felt others fit me better.

Was told today by a guy the stops at Mullen's shop that Brian, Mike and Benji Lacrosse are all running Lethal chassis's but have their own little twist on them.  Mike's IMCA stock car is also a Lethal and he wasn't sure what Benji is running for a stock car chassis as Benji does not own the stock car.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just in case you weren't aware, Busch is going to the rear after crashing in qualifying.

Thanks, didn't know that.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks, didn't know that.

He actually crashed in practice and they fixed the car. He was going to be in the rear no matter how well he qualified. He made it to the second round and spun during his attempt in round 2.  The only good thing is that they still get a top 10 pit selection.

He will probably end up being fired up and win , lol

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

He actually crashed in practice and they fixed the car. He was going to be in the rear no matter how well he qualified. He made it to the second round and spun during his attempt in round 2.  The only good thing is that they still get a top 10 pit selection.

He will probably end up being fired up and win , lol

Changed him out for Blaney. Almost guaranty that now.

Here's a cool article about Kyle Busch racing at a local short track in NH on Friday night.

https://www.unionleader.com/sports/motorsports/hudsons-griffith-beats-busch-for-win-of-a-lifetime/article_1ca2aeb4-5547-5422-9dec-db12d61e314c.html

LEE — Beating Kyle Busch in any race is a big deal, but for Derek Griffith, Friday night became a special memory as he outraced the NASCAR Cup Series star to the finish of a 125-lap Super Late Model race at Lee USA Speedway. The Hudson driver started behind Busch, passed him on lap 19 and then stayed ahead of him on his way to victory.

“He gets to race on Sunday because he is as good as he is,” said Griffith, 26. “It’s really damn cool to win this race. I am super thankful that my guys prepare as hard as they do. I would be nowhere without them. I get to keep this one in the memory books for me.”

Maine driver Joey Doiron was in control through the middle portion of the event, while Griffith and Busch were making passes. Griffith made his way to second place on lap 42, but it took a lap-94 restart, where Doiron chose the outside lane, for Griffith to get out front.

“We started back in seventh and these guys ran so hard from lap one that it was hard to keep pace,” he said. “I knew I was going to use it up getting to the lead, and I did, but I think I was just a little bit better than the guys behind me at the end.

“Joey was really good. I don’t know if I would have been able to pass him without the restart. I didn’t want the bottom on that restart, but man it just stuck on the bottom. That was the best it turned all night.

“At the end, I was just praying and hoping that it stayed green. We had a really good long run car.”

Busch made an impressive crossover move to get second place with 25 laps to go. At that point, he was just over one second behind Griffith. Busch gave it his best effort to close in, but Griffith finished out his performance to cross the line ahead of Busch by about six car lengths.

“That was fun,” Busch said. “It’s pretty cool to just come out here and have some fun. I know how cool the fans are up here in the Northeast, and how much they love their racing. I just could not accelerate off the turns the way I needed to, but we gave it all we had there at the end.

“It’s a really fun track. Really technical. A lot of different things that you can kind of search around and help yourself with. I was doing a lot of that.”

Besides racing, Busch was also doing a lot of talking to race fans, signing autographs and posing for photos, just as soon as he finished helping his team with car setup after practice. The near sellout crowd showed appreciation, giving Busch loud cheers during his post-race interview.

Doiron finished the event in third place, with Jimmy Renfrew Jr. of Candia and Dover’s Wayne Helliwell Jr. finishing in the sixth and seventh positions in the 29-car field. Geoff Rollins of Merrimack won the 50-lap Late Model feature, beating Milton Duran of Londonderry to the finish.

• Like 3

Richard Childress and Ricky Rudd in front of the No. 3 Piedmont Airlines Chevrolet with the trophy Rudd won at Riverside in 1983

IMG_1574.thumb.jpeg.10805a9361607e0be7a443282ec0ccbf.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Doug said:

Good run for Truex good guy.  Will he or won't he retire?

Cut line for the playoffs is getting tight.  Should be interesting to watch.

I think he retires and Preece and Bell killed me today…good grief.🤣😤

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good run for Truex good guy.  Will he or won't he retire?

Cut line for the playoffs is getting tight.  Should be interesting to watch.

Agreed on Truex winning at NH. I think that he will be back next year. He might even win his 2nd championship this year with the way he and the Toyotas are running.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think he retires and Preece and Bell killed me today…good grief.🤣😤

Same here, but add in the 10 car :sad:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed on Truex winning at NH. I think that he will be back next year. He might even win his 2nd championship this year with the way he and the Toyotas are running.

Same here, but add in the 10 car :sad:

Oooffff….at least Brad finished in 5th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Would be nice to see him get another Championship.  Would be will deserved.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oooffff….at least Brad finished in 5th.

Wish Brad could get a win.  Would be a good boost for that team.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Would be nice to see him get another Championship.  Would be will deserved.

Wish Brad could get a win.  Would be a good boost for that team.  

Agreed on both. RFK has definitely gotten better as a team. A win for Brad would be big for him and the team.

• Like 3

See where Hamlin is lecturing Bubba that his team needs to get better.  Oh boy.

My vote send Denny to the Gibbs satellite team and keep Truex as the FedEx team driver.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

See where Hamlin is lecturing Bubba that his team needs to get better.  Oh boy.

My vote send Denny to the Gibbs satellite team and keep Truex as the FedEx team driver.

Do you think Truex will return next year?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Do you think Truex will return next year?

Hard to read.  Really a private guy but very good with the media and fans.

• Like 2