Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just made a big bucket of popcorn for the finish :lol:

And our new hilter bosses boss won't let us turn the TV on but didn't say we couldn't listen to it.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

It was far more entertaining than I expected. Thanks to SVG.

I had Reddick, Bell and McDowell.

• Like 3

Air Titans ended up going through 472.5 gallons of fuel to dry the track

All and all things went better than we expected.  The minor problems we had were workable and everybody involved was helpfully and easy to work with.

Sounds like it was a good race.  I don't need to work with little Hilter until Kansas so we will be able to watch the race in Elkhart Lake and Milwaukee on TV.

One of our crew backed out of Michigan because of little Hilter.  I got asked to do that race but in a marriage saving move declined.

Nascar wanted to move the race to Monday but the city of Chicago was a firm no because of the added cost of security and having city streets shut down longer.

There is a clause in the contract for the next 2 years for either party to backout but it comes with a 40 million dollar price tag.

Heard a wide range of the price to put this race on so don't know for sure.  New mayor and some alderman were not happy with the way the original deal came down.  It will probably come down to a financial decision by both parties for the next 2 years

From what we seen and heard the crowd was very favorable of the event.  To bad the weather had such an effect on the event

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Air Titans ended up going through 472.5 gallons of fuel to dry the track

All and all things went better than we expected.  The minor problems we had were workable and everybody involved was helpfully and easy to work with.

Sounds like it was a good race.  I don't need to work with little Hilter until Kansas so we will be able to watch the race in Elkhart Lake and Milwaukee on TV.

One of our crew backed out of Michigan because of little Hilter.  I got asked to do that race but in a marriage saving move declined.

Nascar wanted to move the race to Monday but the city of Chicago was a firm no because of the added cost of security and having city streets shut down longer.

There is a clause in the contract for the next 2 years for either party to backout but it comes with a 40 million dollar price tag.

Heard a wide range of the price to put this race on so don't know for sure.  New mayor and some alderman were not happy with the way the original deal came down.  It will probably come down to a financial decision by both parties for the next 2 years

From what we seen and heard the crowd was very favorable of the event.  To bad the weather had such an effect on the event

From the TV standpoint I thought it was a great race! Seeing the cars come down the city streets with the skyscrapers in the background around sunset was awesome!!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

From the TV standpoint I thought it was a great race! Seeing the cars come down the city streets with the skyscrapers in the background around sunset was awesome!!

I have to say that was one of the better nascar races I have seen in a long time..

I'm really glad Nascar listened to me and sent them out onto the track..:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/2/2023 at 11:22 AM, ckf said:

If it wasn't for zero stage points because he isn't running the whole season I would have Button in my driver lineup for today. I think he will do well today. SVG looks to be super fast too.

Apparently. the pool does pay out the stage points in the pool even for non-Cup regulars.

If you had picked Shane Van Gisbergen you would have scored 55 points (40 points for the wins plus 15 points from Stage 1 and 2) in the pool and not burned a regular. This changes my preferences for picks in the future.

I always assumed there were no points in the pool for non-Cup drivers so I've never picked them. Personally, I think that's the way it should be. Those drivers don't impact the championship so their points shouldn't count in the pool.

Here I was thinking, even though I took Bell and Reddick and they got screw in the pits, that I would still be ok because SVG's points get burned anyways. Not so.....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Apparently. the pool does pay out the stage points in the pool even for non-Cup regulars.

If you had picked Shane Van Gisbergen you would have scored 55 points (40 points for the wins plus 15 points from Stage 1 and 2) in the pool and not burned a regular. This changes my preferences for picks in the future.

I always assumed there were no points in the pool for non-Cup drivers so I've never picked them. Personally, I think that's the way it should be. Those drivers don't impact the championship so their points shouldn't count in the pool.

That's good to know :bc:

If I would have known I would have picked Burton. I thought that he would run better than he did after driving a similar car at Le Mans .

Chicago Street Race is NBC's most watched race in 6 years.

NBC Sports’ coverage of the first-ever NASCAR Cup Series city street race from Chicago averaged a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 4.795 million viewers (6:32-9:45 p.m. ET) on NBC and Peacock, resulting in numerous viewership milestones, according to Fast National data provided by Nielsen:

• Most-watched NASCAR Cup Series race on NBC in six years, since Indianapolis in 2017 (5.647 million) and NBC Sports’ eighth-most watched race under its current rights agreement;
  • Most-watched NASCAR Cup Series race on any network since Daytona 500 (FOX; Feb. 19; 8.173 million);
  • Projected to be the most-watched sporting event of the weekend;
  • Up 144% vs. NBC Sports’ second Cup Series race of the 2022 season (USA Network; 1.962 million; Road America)
  • Up 72% vs. NBC Sports’ 2022 Cup Series average on NBC (2.784 million)
  • Most-streamed NASCAR Cup Series race in NBC Sports history with 163,500 viewers across Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms
  • Like 3

Will he get a Cup offer for next year? Does he deserve the opportunity? Triple 8 won't stand in the way.

Triple Eight won’t stand in the way of a permanent move to NASCAR next season for Shane van Gisbergen.

As it stands van Gisbergen is under contract with Triple Eight until the end of the 2024 Supercars season, after which he is free to pursue a deal outside of the Aussie series.

However T8 managing director Jamie Whincup today admitted that should a NASCAR offer come along for next season, the team won’t stand in van Gisbergen’s way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Will he get a Cup offer for next year? Does he deserve the opportunity? Triple 8 won't stand in the way.

Triple Eight won’t stand in the way of a permanent move to NASCAR next season for Shane van Gisbergen.

As it stands van Gisbergen is under contract with Triple Eight until the end of the 2024 Supercars season, after which he is free to pursue a deal outside of the Aussie series.

However T8 managing director Jamie Whincup today admitted that should a NASCAR offer come along for next season, the team won’t stand in van Gisbergen’s way.

Is SVG scheduled to be in anymore road course races this year?

34 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Is SVG scheduled to be in anymore road course races this year?

I don't think so, but Jenson Button is doing the Roval 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

Somewhat following Marcos Ambrose.  He was always good at Road courses and had some good runs on ovals.