Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

she was probably talking about a trumper so the word retard fits :snack:  

I'm sure we will see Biden at Daytona this year...I heard he's going to do a lap running....instead of riding in the car....

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Dave said:

You don't think SR would be a cup winner today?

He would be a race winner but not to the extent he was in the 80's and 90's. He would be lucky to get a cup or 2.

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

He would be a winner but IMO Johnson's wins were harder to come by given the quality of the competition and the equipment. Going back to the 70's NASCAR has not really been about driver skills alone  it was about the team and equipment as well and the have and have not's were a much wider spread in the 70's and 80's.  Pettys 200 wins are due to that as much as driver skill for sure.  He had the money to go to more races and put himself into good equipment.  Sure it got more corporate as time progressed and the money got greater and greater.  From a fan perspective IMO the pinnacle of NASCAR was actually the 90's.   Still had some of the older drivers with personality younger guys coming in and a very competitive field without being overly corporate like it got into the later 00's.  .  

Yep. Petty had more money than half the field combined. He was one of the first Professional drivers in Nascar. Earnhardt competed at a time when maybe 6-8 cars had a hope of winning at each race. JJ competed when 15-20 cars had a chance at the win. His driving skills combined with Evernham's ability to find grey area advantages in a car made them front runners ever week.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

He would be a race winner but not to the extent he was in the 80's and 90's. He would be lucky to get a cup or 2

Yep. Petty had more money than half the field combined. He was one of the first Professional drivers in Nascar. Earnhardt competed at a time when maybe 6-8 cars had a hope of winning at each race. JJ competed when 15-20 cars had a chance at the win. His driving skills combined with Evernham's ability to find grey area advantages in a car made them front runners ever week.

Cmon man....really?

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cmon man....really?

Yes. I don't think we will see anyone win more than 3 championships ever again. There is too much luck involved in winning a Cup these days.

I don't think Chase Elliot deserved the Cup this year. Not after what Hamlin and Harvick achieved during the regular season.

If I was to rank the top drivers right now, I'd put Chase 5th. I think Kyle Busch, Harvick, Hamlin and Logano are all better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yes. I don't think we will see anyone win more than 3 championships ever again. There is too much luck involved in winning a Cup these days.

I don't think Chase Elliot deserved the Cup this year. Not after what Hamlin and Harvick achieved during the regular season.

If I was to rank the top drivers right now, I'd put Chase 5th. I think Kyle Busch, Harvick, Hamlin and Logano are all better.

I'd agree with that and add Truex in their ahead of Chase as well.

:bc:

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 8:53 PM, Dave said:

You are a baby...because I didn't pay for you when you wanted me too...you had the tantrum

:lol:

And Jim i can guarantee we will meet and settle this....mark my words...you will be accountable for your mouth.

:bc:

You love to rewrite history/lie.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Will there be much coverage of the Chili Bowl?

On Sirius they said MavTV was going to show some of it live but I don’t have it on my satellite TV.

searching now looks like it was last week. Must be a replay on Sirius.

Edited by Blackstar

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

On Sirius they said MavTV was going to show some of it live but I don’t have it on my satellite TV.

Jan. 11th-16th 👍🏼

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.floracing.com/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F23668&utm_campaign=103025chilibowlnation&rtid=103025&coverage_id=&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEF26UrP5ghccHt9HAIFTnDt1CwFdHbGqXy8bSu6K2iCOxz7N12v1yaRoCnasQAvD_BwE

This one is free

http://www.racinboys.com/events/?c=1282

Edited by Dave

On 1/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, Blackstar said:

It is way better then the year Kyle won one of his after sitting out pretty much 1/3rd or 1/2 the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is way better then the year Kyle won one of his after sitting out pretty much 1/3rd or 1/2 the year.

Definitely, and I'm a Kyle fan. Needs an asterisk beside that win.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Legend said:

I assuming they will stop the free stream once the A main starts?

someone on the comments said they are showing the C and B rounds on Facebook.

2021 Chili Bowl A main final

1. Kyle Larson
2. Justin Grant
3. Tanner Thorson
4. Cannon McIntosh
5. Daryn Pittman
6. Chris Windom
7. Ricky Stenhouse Jr
8. Brad Sweet
9. Spencer Bayston
10. Logan Seavey
11. Cole Bodine