Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...I saw a few people saying they should give the regular season champ a spot in the Final 4.

They are digging hard up front right now so it does make for good racing....lol

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Hard to believe, with the season he has had, that Harvick is at risk of being cut right now..

I imagine he will get his lap back and finish top 15 but damn, sometime this Chase deal is cruel.

Aaaannnnd it happened...

Probably the biggest reason I'm not a fan of the chase.  You have to be just good enough to keep making it to each round, not consistent throughout the season.

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They are digging hard up front right now so it does make for good racing....lol

Yessir...wild finish...Harvick out and Brad in.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Aaaannnnd it happened...

Probably the biggest reason I'm not a fan of the chase.  You have to be just good enough to keep making it to each round, not consistent throughout the season.

there was no need to have the chase.  just award more points for winners so a guy like Kenseth doesn't get a championship riving around in the top 10 all season. 

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there was no need to have the chase.  just award more points for winners so a guy like Kenseth doesn't get a championship riving around in the top 10 all season. 

Yes!  A bigger points spread for the top 5 or so would have helped a bunch.

34 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Aaaannnnd it happened...

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't know the answer but it just seems unfair to the driver and the fans to not see the best 4 drivers over the season going at it for the championship.

More points to the winner? Harvick won 9 times during the season and Hamlin won 7. It would be a 2 man race for the championship instead of 4.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know the answer but it just seems unfair to the driver and the fans to not see the best 4 drivers over the season going at it for the championship.

More points to the winner? Harvick won 9 times during the season and Hamlin won 7. It would be a 2 man race for the championship instead of 4.

It be like the year Truex won after winning pretty much 1/3rd of the races for the entire schedule and running top 5 or top 10 in a majority of the rest of them.  There should be no reason he was ever in a position to loose the championship that year, yet he was.

Or the year Kryle won his first.  He should have never won it after breaking his leg indulging his ego.  

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Chase Elliot to the rear for failing inspection twice. 

Jim, is this the last race?

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Jim, is this the last race?

Yessir...Keselowski, Hamlin, Logano and Chase Elliot are the 4 fighting for the championship... Elliot up to 3rd already. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, small-bore said:

#9 is going to win. That car is way faster then everyone else.

Absolutely...he came

from last to 3rd with ease.

Anybody but Logano.🤣

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely...he came

from last to 3rd with ease.

Anybody but Logano.🤣

local radio station has Dick Bergren on every week and it's a Logano circle jerk because he's a new england kid.  I never could stand the smarmy little bastard

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

local radio station has Dick Bergren on every week and it's a Logano circle jerk because he's a new england kid.  I never could stand the smarmy little bastard

X2...his old man was always hanging around and getting into it with other drivers and crews...FFS let the kid handle his business.

New Cup Team for next season...Trackhouse Racing will have Daniel Suarez in the 99 car.👍🏼

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/10/07/trackhouse-formation-nascar-cup-series-team-daniel-suarez/amp/

Jeb must have brought some sponsor money because he's never really put cars up front and he's been running in trucks/xfinity/cup for 7-8 years now. 

What's funny is lots of drivers at 28 are washed out of NASACAR these days and his dad didn't even get  his first busch ride till he was Jebs age.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Jeb must have brought some sponsor money because he's never really put cars up front and he's been running in trucks/xfinity/cup for 7-8 years now. 

What's funny is lots of drivers at 28 are washed out of NASACAR these days and his dad didn't even get  his first busch ride till he was Jebs age.  

He had some good runs this year in the 8 Xfinity Car for Junior Motorsports but I’m sure you are correct about the sponsor money.