Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ckf said:

JGR & SHR seem to have the field covered this year.

Absolutely...next weeks broadcast from Watkins Glen should be cool as the fellas will be at different locations around the track and it will be a radio style broadcast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bubba Wallace.....holy shit!

Just walked in the house, turned the TV on and saw that first thing..glad he is ok

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

2nd, 7th and 24th

34 minutes ago, DAVE said:

2nd 10th 20th

Those look like good finishes to me :bc:

At least neither of you had the 2 car :wall:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Those look like good finishes to me :bc:

At least neither of you had the 2 car :wall:

I had the 2 car. WTF? 38th?

7th 15th 38th

58th for the week, 62nd for the season.    :wall:

My dad's old team is doing good though.  4th, 5th, 11th, good enough for 3rd for the week.  Sitting 27th in total points.

All I do is make the picks for my team then pick different drivers for his team.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DAVE said:

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

NH got one race and Ii think Vegas got the other one. Now Vegas has both dates.

That sucks....I would love to see racing there again and yeah New Hampshire is down to one date. They need to take a date from somewhere and give it to Iowa...great track.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That sucks....I would love to see racing there again and yeah New Hampshire is down to one date. They need to take a date from somewhere and give it to Iowa...great track.

With the exception of a few tracks, each track should only get one cup race. That would allow them to try some new venues.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

With the exception of a few tracks, each track should only get one cup race. That would allow them to try some new venues.

Absolutely but aren’t NASCAR and ISM basically partners...they will never give up dates at those tracks IMO. 

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wasnt the brickyard race a ghostown last yr?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely but aren’t NASCAR and ISM basically partners...they will never give up dates at those tracks IMO. 

ISC is owned by the frances so they aren't losing dates and don't want to have smith tie them up in a lawsuit if they try to take from SMI tracks so now it's move from within your own portfolio like NHIS 2nd date to Vegas .  We knew locally once bahre was out it was a matter of time but considering we got that date when bahre bough North Wilks with Smith it's payback.   

I think Pocono and Dover are the only tracks left not owned by ISC,  SMI so if someplace else is getting a date it's from buying one of those and moving it or shuffling within your own portfolio.  Hell NASCAR owns Iowa and they aren't sending a Cup date there because then they would have to sue themselves if they took from ISC or be sued by SMI.    

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ISC is owned by the frances so they aren't losing dates and don't want to have smith tie them up in a lawsuit if they try to take from SMI tracks so now it's move from within your own portfolio like NHIS 2nd date to Vegas .  We knew locally once bahre was out it was a matter of time but considering we got that date when bahre bough North Wilks with Smith it's payback.   

I think Pocono and Dover are the only tracks left not owned by ISC,  SMI so if someplace else is getting a date it's from buying one of those and moving it or shuffling within your own portfolio.  Hell NASCAR owns Iowa and they aren't sending a Cup date there because then they would have to sue themselves if they took from ISC or be sued by SMI.    

Ahhh...good info...thanks. NASCAR really has become quite the clusterfuck.

I hope Pocono and Dover keep both their dates.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks