Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Give them a pre-race safety only tech and post race tech and just DQ them when they fail.  

0 drivers points, 0 owners points, $0 awarded.  

I'm not sure if I posted the article here or not. About a week ago there was a story about some teams painting certain parts of the cars a dark color to fool the laser tech inspection. I think it made it read narrower than it really was.

Just now, ckf said:

You showed up and posted after Jimmy had already done the job. 

I posted at the same exact time. :lol:

Thats why I laughed

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I posted at the same exact time. :lol:

Thats why I laughed

Your post showed up after Jim's. Have you ever heard the saying when you show up after some sort of work is done. "You're like a blister, you show up after the work is done"?

image.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure if I posted the article here or not. About a week ago there was a story about some teams painting certain parts of the cars a dark color to fool the laser tech inspection. I think it made it read narrower than it really was.

They certainly aren't some rubes from the hills of Kentucky.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Your post showed up after Jim's. Have you ever heard the saying when you show up after some sort of work is done. "You're like a blister, you show up after the work is done"?

image.png

No...but i have now. 

:news:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Maybe it's a New England saying :dunno:

Ya they are weird there.

:bc:

Busch race was going good till about 25 laps left....red flag now.

Last few lap crashfest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Ya they are weird there.

Busch race was going good till about 25 laps left....red flag now.

Last few lap crashfest.

Like things are all perfect in Nookville, LOL

on the bold: That's about the time I tuned in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Like things are all perfect in Nookville, LOL

on the bold: That's about the time I tuned in.

Far from it!!!!!

:lol2:

• Haha 1

I guess Nascar figured things out, LOL

Harvick (who failed the body scanning station) and Busch (who failed the chassis station) had their times disallowed and will start Sunday's race at the rear, where all those who failed post-qualifying inspection will line up by owner points.

Kyle Larson, who was set to start fourth, also failed tech, as did the fifth-place car of Joey Logano. Thirteen of the 40 cars failed inspection. Others who failed: William Byron (who qualified sixth), Austin Dillon (12th), Jimmie Johnson (15th), Paul Menard (17th), Ryan Blaney (18th), Aric Almirola (19th), Clint Bowyer (21st), Bubba Wallace (22nd) and Kasey Kahne (24th).

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I guess Nascar figured things out, LOL

Harvick (who failed the body scanning station) and Busch (who failed the chassis station) had their times disallowed and will start Sunday's race at the rear, where all those who failed post-qualifying inspection will line up by owner points.

Kyle Larson, who was set to start fourth, also failed tech, as did the fifth-place car of Joey Logano. Thirteen of the 40 cars failed inspection. Others who failed: William Byron (who qualified sixth), Austin Dillon (12th), Jimmie Johnson (15th), Paul Menard (17th), Ryan Blaney (18th), Aric Almirola (19th), Clint Bowyer (21st), Bubba Wallace (22nd) and Kasey Kahne (24th).

All those cars that fail post qualifying tech must eventually pass tech Saturday night. A second failure would result in a crew member, chosen by NASCAR, ejected for the weekend. A third failure would be a 10-point penalty.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

All those cars that fail post qualifying tech must eventually pass tech Saturday night. A second failure would result in a crew member, chosen by NASCAR, ejected for the weekend. A third failure would be a 10-point penalty.

It makes me wonder how much JJ cheated to get those 7 cups.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

It makes me wonder how much JJ cheated to get those 7 cups.

If they aren't massaging the gray area they aren't trying IMO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

If they aren't massaging the gray area they aren't trying IMO

True...but i have to diss jj regardless. ;)

Good finish in the busch race.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

That was a good finish...Allgaier didn't like it but that Bell kid is one helluva wheelman....next star for Gibbs in Cup.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Now Allgaiers crying. :lol:

I like him but he needs to toughen up a little...Bell didn't do anything wrong IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That was a good finish...Allgaier didn't like it but that Bell kid is one helluva wheelman....next star for Gibbs in Cup.:thumbsup:

Kick Hamlin to the curb?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Kick Hamlin to the curb?

Possibly....Bell is a rookie in Xfinity and just became the first regular in the series to win 3 in a row since..............Dale Jr. did it in 1999. If he wins the championship this season can't see Gibbs not  moving him up. Shrub and Jones are solid so that  leaves Suarez and Hamlin......

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Possibly....Bell is a rookie in Xfinity and just became the first regular in the series to win 3 in a row since..............Dale Jr. did it in 1999. If he wins the championship this season can't see Gibbs not  moving him up. Shrub and Jones are solid so that  leaves Suarez and Hamlin......

I think Suarez has been getting better every week.  Hamlin hasn't been running very well considering his experience level coupled with being in a JGR Toyota :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think Suarez has been getting better every week.  Hamlin hasn't been running very well considering his experience level coupled with being in a JGR Toyota :dunno:

Agreed and it would set up JGR nicely going forward with 3 talented young drivers and a veteran in Shrub.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed and it would set up JGR nicely going forward with 3 talented young drivers and a veteran in Shrub.

Yes it would.