Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Always a lot of them at MIS as well.

I'm not sure if there are any ovals up there that could accommodate a cup race, but there has to be a few road courses that could :dunno:

McDowell is running good in practice. I've got him too. I need to go look to see who my 3rd driver is.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure if there are any ovals up there that could accommodate a cup race, but there has to be a few road courses that could :dunno:

McDowell is running good in practice. I've got him too. I need to go look to see who my 3rd driver is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

That would be good for Cup races and Mosport park (Canadian Tire Motorsport park) as well. 

Ahhh...that is the place I was thinking of and that's the way drivers should act when they get wrecked! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

That would be good for Cup races and Mosport park (Canadian Tire Motorsport park) as well. 

God that is fucking boring....Id rather see them go around the Charlotte oval 400 times. :news:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Most oval tracks are 1/2 mile around here and in rough condition. The old Cayuga now Jukasa Speedway has been sold and the new owners have made major investments into the track but its still a half mile.

The long awaited Canadian Motor Speedway in Fort Erie is supposed to be a 3/4 mile track (designed by Jeff Gordon) but its been in the works for over 10 years now. They have the property, they have the money, they can't get through the paperwork bullshit. I think some excavation work has been done but its all the road reconstruction and who will pay for it that has held things up, last I read. Apparently they have a deal to bring the trucks and Xfinity and then hope that later they can get a Cup event.

I don't see Nascar Cup coming to Canada unless they can get CMS opened up. Why deal with the hassle of coming across the border when there are plenty of great road courses in the States.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Most oval tracks are 1/2 mile around here and in rough condition. The old Cayuga now Jukasa Speedway has been sold and the new owners have made major investments into the track but its still a half mile.

The long awaited Canadian Motor Speedway in Fort Erie is supposed to be a 3/4 mile track (designed by Jeff Gordon) but its been in the works for over 10 years now. They have the property, they have the money, they can't get through the paperwork bullshit. I think some excavation work has been done but its all the road reconstruction and who will pay for it that has held things up, last I read. Apparently they have a deal to bring the trucks and Xfinity and then hope that later they can get a Cup event.

I don't see Nascar Cup coming to Canada unless they can get CMS opened up. Why deal with the hassle of coming across the border when there are plenty of great road courses in the States.

Nothings been done there whatsoever...was by there in June....the big garage...building that was put up there when the thing started is now gone....just a big open field.

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

God that is fucking boring....Id rather see them go around the Charlotte oval 400 times. :news:

I enjoy a road course here and there just to mix things up. Not sure I'd want to see half the season as road courses.

I'd prefer to see them shorten the big races down to 1.5 hours.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Nothings been done there whatsoever...was by there in June....the big garage...building that was put up there when the thing started is now gone....just a big open field.

Great.....lol

The whole thing feels like a scam. I am always hopeful but I can't see it ever getting off the ground.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I enjoy a road course here and there just to mix things up. Not sure I'd want to see half the season as road courses.

I'd prefer to see them shorten the big races down to 1.5 hours.

I was being sarcastic... :lol:

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

And they wonder why they are loosing interest...

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

No coverage in nookville.

Seriously....on NBC here.

Just now, DAVE said:

No coverage in nookville.

Having Cup drivers run the lower series constantly doesn't help the lower series nor the Cup series.  

Not having coverage in Canada and a over the air channel doesn't help either.  How many of you would get a satellite or cable package just to watch NASCAR?

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Having Cup drivers run the lower series constantly doesn't help the lower series nor the Cup series.  

Not having coverage in Canada and a over the air channel doesn't help either.  How many of you would get a satellite or cable package just to watch NASCAR?

Not me